• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Biggest bass you ever caught?

apegs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 1/4" Caught on a Senko Watermelon/green flake out of lilly pads on Leech Lake. Weighed 6# 15oz on scale. Re-weighed but couldn't get the scale to flip to 7#... Hawg was released to grow! I'm still hunting for that 7#'er

20.5" Smallie on Deer lake in Itasca county. This fish was a female that either coun't lay her eggs or just never did (caught her in late July). I'm guessing she went around the 5 - 5.5# range C&R Red and White crappie tube jig.

22" Largeie around Grand Rapids weight unknown. Gold Spinner bait

21" Largie around Willmar 6.04# Texas rigged plastic worm in black/red fleck

22 1/4 on white T-rigged worm Flippin into pockets about 5-8 fow on a west metro lake, Never weighed her individually, but she was one of three fish that made up a 13.9 lb sac. The other two fish were 19.5 inches and 18.25 inches So I figure she had to be slightly over that six lb mark. Pic of her is my Avatar the other fish is the 19.5 incher. So, my personal best came during league event and it helped my partner and I to win that evening. OH... It was my wifes Birthday to boot! July 26th. 2007

That or just call me up, I can hop in with the gear.

My biggest bass of the last couple of years were:

7lb even down in Arkansas fishing panfish with my ultralight in some timber from shore. Pic doesn't do this girl justice, held too close to my body.

4734848381_2c9484b02c.jpg

5lb 6oz fishing with Deitz caught on a swim jig over a rock ledge. Picture makes it look even bigger, some kinda magic.

3629928340_b285ea58e6.jpg

22.5" smallie out of Lake Minnewaska on a leech while fishing for walleyes. 6 lbs. 5 ounces. Released.

22 inch largie on a tip-up on a small Cass County Lake on a shiner and a tip-up. Didn't weigh it but I am guessing 6+. Also released.

Caught a 21.5 pig largie on a sunfish in WI. The bass was full of spawn. Was 6 lb. easy. Reeling in a 6 inch bluegill that had grabbed a leech and the bass grabbed the sunfish. I have no idea why the bass didn't let go of the sunfish. The bass never opened its mouth. It wanted that sunfish bad. Once I got the bass in the net the sunfish came out of the bass's mouth. Also released.