• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any game camera pictures yet?

Meat-Run

I went out last night and put out my cameras. I did what I hate doing...I bought one and without playing with it put it out. The SD Card might not have worked so I'm leary I do not have it recording correctly. But on a positive note the way the farmer explained to me and what actually got planted for crops is amazing. 12 acres of Corn hugging the trees with 40 acres of beets to the east of it. Then on the west side about 50-60 acres of soybeans with 120 acres of soybeans to the north of that! I'm pretty excited for fall!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went out and checked. I posted two videos in another post on this board. I haven't gotten "pictures" of any bucks yet but I got video and when I went out to see the cameras I jumped two bucks one was 10 pointer probable 130 already! the other was 12 points with double drop tines probable already near 150...biggest deer I have seen in YEARS!

I know people are always curious about what camera does what so here is some help I do not know how to post pictures but the links will help.

Stealth Cam Sniper Pro Jim Shockey 8.0 IR 160-180

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=60646507&l=0da21fad07&id=13950794

Lasted about a month before it locked up.

Wildgame 4.0 IR about 90-100 dollars

Moultrie D-40 about 80-90 dollars (Digital Flash)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=60955708&l=9f82bb5c65&id=1395079

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=55633223&l=dd855ba826&id=13950794

Moultrie D-55IR got mine for 95 but seeing them around the 110-120 mark

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=63439968&l=dd3af1aa16&id=13950794

I have not played with the video on the D-55IR for I just got it taking pictures this week. Once they get out of velvet then I think I will play with it a bit more. Hopefully this will help with what cameras to get. Granted they are only a few but Moultrie are easy to set up and operate.

I am wondering if anyone could help me get a pic or two on here? I am not good at doing this at all. On one of the properties I hunt there is a dandy buck they have caught on there trail cam in there yard. I have seen video of him as well and have nicked named him Y-tine. The pics were E-mailed to me so I could forward them to an address if someone would care to help me share them. I also have one from my camera that I wish I could put in the little picture area by our name. I can worry about that later but would like to show you guys Y-tine for sure. I think you will like it. Just wish I had a bullet proof way to take him but we all know how that goes. Just keep shooting and make sure I am ready for the shot if it were to become this Bow Hunters dream.

put the pic on your desktop, in the message here look for the icon 4 to the right of the yellow smiley. looks like a very small sunset with a blue arrow in the pic. click on it and then hit browse and load your picture. very nice feature they added a couple weeks ago.

CC, See the 5th button starting from the smily face. Just hit that button after hitting reply. Then hit the browse button this will let you pick which file you want to pull your picture from (where you saved the pic) Once you select it hit done. Hit preview to see if its there. You can write either before or after your ttached image if you chose.

Im sure others might be able to give a better explaination but that should work.

Avatars. go to the photos discussion on here and theres a sticky hint there that tells how to put an avatar near your name.

Cool... thanks alot for the tip you guys. What do you think of my new companion in the woods? I wish I didn't know the odd's when it comes to getting a guy like this. Some day. Lol

On the left side he has one tall tine that y's off on top. Really a neat buck to see.

Thanks again for the help.

CC HURL

CC,

Looks like the 2nd picture is a different buck..

Longer legs, shorter tine length and the belly isn't drooping as low as pics 1 and 3.

I'm guessing pics 1 and 3 are of a 4 to 5 1/2 year old and pic 2 is of a 3 1/2 yo.

Their bodies look dispropotionate to neck size due to not shedding velvet / non rubbing activity. When their necks fill out I'm sure their age may be more apparant.

Also pic 2 is a different time stamp.

just my .02 2c

.............Good Luck

CC, See the 5th button starting from the smily face. Just hit that button after hitting reply. Then hit the browse button this will let you pick which file you want to pull your picture from (where you saved the pic) Once you select it hit done. Hit preview to see if its there. You can write either before or after your ttached image if you chose.

Im sure others might be able to give a better explaination but that should work.

Avatars. go to the photos discussion on here and theres a sticky hint there that tells how to put an avatar near your name.

Hey it worked!!! Been wanting to share some pictures but never sat down to figure out how to do it!!

full-203-806-icam0024.jpg

full-24644-760-hillmidaugust154.jpg

I have no idea who this is or why she is out roaming around in my woods at midnight. It is kinda funny though even if she is right in the middle of my new food plot.

I think if you setup your stand in the right spot, down wind, you should be able to bag her! Good Luck! laugh

P.S get a better camera it's hard to see the "rack" when it's that fuzzy! frown

nonteepical it just outside of town but the direction she is headed is to nowwhere. I have asked around and am thinking it is the woman that lives across the county road from me. Funny thing is she works for the DNR. so much for a tresspass free year. maybe I need bigger signs does anybody know were I can get no tresspassing signs that are around 4'X8' maybe then people will take notice.

nonteepical it just outside of town but the direction she is headed is to nowwhere. I have asked around and am thinking it is the woman that lives across the county road from me. Funny thing is she works for the DNR. so much for a tresspass free year. maybe I need bigger signs does anybody know were I can get no tresspassing signs that are around 4'X8' maybe then people will take notice.

What! crazy A doe on the cam is a doe in my book! laugh I didn't see any gun on her so I don't think that she's after any of your bucks! Enjoy her right to be Free! Until your wife finds out she's running around out there! smirk