• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big 10 Tourney

Cooter

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I didn't think they would do it in OT when Johnson fouled out. Devoe Joseph has Sam Cassell marbles to take a few of those 3's. Westbrook makes the huge And-1 followed by about 2 boneheaded mistakes. Can't say enough about Iverson early in the game. He went from about a 1.0/10 on the confidence scale a month ago to a 9.0 tonight. He's finding ways to finish AND PLAY BIG! The Gophers still aren't closing out games the way championship teams do, but they have shown that they are adaptable and can play more than 1 style of basketball and that multiple guys can step up. Flex, Hi-Lo, Weave, Press, Zone, Man to man pressure...I like their chances against Purdue tomorrow more than I liked their chances against MSU, even without Chris Allen.

Great win for the Gophs....enough to get in the dance though?

I don't think so yet. But if more bubble teams lose early in conference tournaments, a semi-finals appearance may be enough for Minny because of the money a Big Ten team represents.

Great win for the Gophs....enough to get in the dance though?

I really don't think so. The 5 teams ahead of them in the regular season will most likely get in, so I think they need a win against Purdue to have any chance and even that might not sew it up either. It might not be easy to take 6 Big Ten teams since the conference was not real strong this year.

We will be in I feel- maybe I am daring to dream a little but our resume looks pretty good vs others. We actually should be in before Illinois. Just beat them on there home court. Pretty close to same resume besides there one more conference win.

I really feel if we play purdue close we are in- and it will be a close game..

I really feel as I stated before in my post two days ago that this team will get to the championship game.

Purdue is not as good as Michigan St. without Hummel.

If we beat Purdue I honestly think we are a ten seed.

We are in regardless.

Dare to dream

I am very impressed with the way the Goph's got it done last night. Joseph is nails in the clutch... it is too bad he dissappears so often early. Hoff is about as feard a shooter as there is in the country and our Hi-Lo with Sampson/Johnson and Iverson is really starting to look like some old school, Big Ten basketball. They should come out hungry as all get out tonight... a win and they are IN for sure.... a loss by both Illinois and the Gophers tonight and the selection committee will have a tough call. If they both lose tonight, I don't know how you can't put both in or leave both out.... to me they are inseperable at this point.

They cruise to a 27 point win. 69-42. It's MN and OSU tomorrow. Will the Gophers go to a big or smaller lineup? Which team will dictate the pace and style of the game? I'd expect a close game, but it's going to be good! Finally playing to their potential and at the right time of year.

What a game!!! The NCAA should get them in just based on this!!!!

A Big Ten Tourney Title would be a sweet end to a tough year!

Guess I will be yelling "THROW IT IN THE POST" at the TV for my fourth straight day!!! Colton Iverson scoring in double digits = Gophers Win!!!!!

my prediction and everyone can laugh is that the gophers make the finals .

Here is why

Penn St: worst team in conference.. should win by 7-10 pts

Mich st in quarterfinals: No Allen for Mich. St. I feel we match up really well with them. Very close games this year with them and it is tough to beat a team 3 times in one season.

Purdue in semis: No Hummel, Same thing as before with the three times in a season. We will be high on confidence here after beating Michigan st.

Ohio St in Finals-- no comment

any thoughts ?

Got to admit when I wrote this I was hoping it would happen and it did.

damien has to shut turner down, I would assume tubby puts him or pc on him

yeah Hamrej I wanted to believe it but the most I could say is I had hope they would pull something outta you know where. I really thought we were going to mess up the Michigan State game. After watching them today it feels like we can take on anyone. Hope the Gophers watched the Michigan and Ohio State game and can figure out what they did cause we could have just as easily been playing Illinois or Michigan!!!!!

GO GOPHERS - THIS IS THE TYPE OF TEAM WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR AND THOUGHT WE WOULD SEE COMING INTO THE SEASON!

Iverson and Sampson can carry this team and Devoe has shown up. Blake is still Blake! LETS GET INTO THE NCAA and see what happens!

My what 3 wins does for the fan base and confidence... It would be a shame to not get a bid after playing better down the stretch... Be nice to take care of that by ourselves though!

Maybe KFAN should just say all the teams are finished. Paul Allen did it with the Twins before that amazing final weekend and look what happened. Dan Cole said the Gophers were done and maybe wouldn't make the NIT and HERE WE ARE AGAIN! Just a note... They have all ruled out any chance of the Wild making the playoffs as well!!!!!

MISS ST loses to Kentucky, the Gophs are in. MISS ST wins,, and it's a tough call as the Gophs are right on the edge. I see OSU winning 68-60,, but the Gophers get in as a #10 seed and face UNI in the first round.

I think it all rests on the defense in this game. Their defense has been really good this last month and in this tourney in particular. I like their chances because of this. Win or lose i think they are in. If Utah State and UTEP wouldnt have lost yesterday I think they would be locked.