• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So much for the floor mat.........

Jeez.... easy there airjer, we're just funnin. LMIT knows I'd be more than happy to yank his truck out of the ditch. You know... The one he drives in after Farve throws another touchdown this weekend. laugh

Way to go LMIT, you got 'jer all riled up. wink

I'm still having fun...it takes more than that to get me wound up!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMIT knows I'd be more than happy to yank his truck out of the ditch.

You'd have to catch me first. wink

That lil ol' Tundra couldn't turn it's defective camshaft fast enough to keep up to the Duramax. smile

Intake failures...nope

Leaking gaskets...nope

4x4 failures...nope

fuel pump....nope

spare tire...yep!

Like a Rock ma boy, and AMERICAN too!

That lil ol' Tundra couldn't turn it's defective camshaft fast enough to keep up to the Duramax. smile

What's the "Duuurrrrrrr" in Duramax short for???? LOL laugh

Ya know, I just grew up watching Mutual of Omaha "is people" smile

And if it wasn't for a Land Rover or a Land Cruiser JIM would be dead!!! (Land Rover - Baboon episode), (Land Cruiser - Leopard episode).... The Cruiser episode is cooler.

Originally Posted By: LMITOUT
So was the second generation Tundra the one with the bad camshaft/defective engine or the one with the frame that rusted through? I always forget...

Keep on mocking, notice how the Tundra is no longer in your rear view mirror? smile You're a Chevy guy, aren't ya LMIT, it's always the Chevy guys. The Mopar and Ford guys seem to know better than to mock. wink

CJH..... The reason for my prediction years ago was due to the health care stuff. My best friends grandma still gets full benefits from Ford, her husband retired 45 years ago. There's no way they can keep that up. My retort wasn't aimed at you, LMIT took the bait. wink

That's what I am talking about. Paying out that much money through the years has killed them and yet they still have been able to put out some decent product (not all of it). Give them credit for providing a great quality of life to millions of Americans. The new deals/restructuring should help, but it would be a tremendous loss if any of them went by the roadside. The pay structure is still not as good as the Japs, but hopefully its good enough to allow them to compete, which is good for all of us.

How much has the union healthcare/benefits hurt them? The US is down to essentially 2.5 automakers ( Dodge w/Fiat I am giving 1/2). Japan (the size of Montana) has 8 auto manufacturers!!!! And they all don't put out good quality products like Honda and Toyota.

I am glad even a Toyota guy agrees with me on this!!! smile Gotta love the lively banter!

I got a solution. Have one of them spike strips installed on the front of your Toyota. Then whenever your vehicle self-redlines, you can get flat tires and you wont go near as fast with flats, your brake might stop you then. Or get an ejection seat installed. Or maybe a drag racing parachute. I heard about this issue 2 years ago. Before that even a guy on another HSOforum told us Toyota quality was gonna tank.

The big 3 owners need every little bit of help they can get to rip on Toyota. It seems to easy to rip on the big 3, as they are slowly going into the tank!

I am only saying this because I had a few cocktails, and probably should not wink but I will put my 98 Chev k1500 with 5.7 up against any truck for the long haul. All trucks are good now, just like outboards, but I will stick with my checv's and my Merc's, they have stood the test of time and performed. Granted, they are not the newest, but the chev 5.7 and the merc 150efi will stay right up there with Jap and new Us stuff, and that is why I will keep buying them, but only the tested and true.

smile Go Vikes, another brand I will stick with wink

TORRANCE, Calif., January 26, 2010 - - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today announced that it is instructing Toyota dealers to temporarily suspend sales of eight models involved in the recall for sticking accelerator pedal, announced on January 21, 2010.

“Helping ensure the safety of our customers and restoring confidence in Toyota are very important to our company,” said Group Vice President and Toyota Division General Manager Bob Carter. “This action is necessary until a remedy is finalized. We’re making every effort to address this situation for our customers as quickly as possible.”

Toyota announced it would recall approximately 2.3 million vehicles to correct sticking accelerator pedals on specific Toyota Division models. Toyota has investigated isolated reports of sticking accelerator pedal mechanisms in certain vehicles without the presence of floor mats. There is a possibility that certain accelerator pedal mechanisms may, in rare instances, mechanically stick in a partially depressed position or return slowly to the idle position.

Toyota’s accelerator pedal recall and suspension of sales is confined to the following Toyota Division vehicles:

2009-2010 RAV4,

2009-2010 Corolla,

2009-2010 Matrix,

2005-2010 Avalon,

Certain 2007-2010 Camry,

2010 Highlander,

2007-2010 Tundra,

2008-2010 Sequoia

No Lexus Division or Scion vehicles are affected by these actions. Also not affected are Toyota Prius, Tacoma, Sienna, Venza, Solara, Yaris, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser and select Camry models, including all Camry hybrids, which will remain for sale.

Due to the sales suspension, Toyota is expected to stop producing vehicles on the following production lines for the week of February 1 to assess and coordinate activities. The North America vehicle production facilities affected are:

• Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Canada (Corolla, Matrix, and RAV4)

• Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana (Sequoia and Highlander)

• Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Kentucky – Line 1 (Camry and Avalon)

• Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. (Camry)

• Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Texas (Tundra)

Duramax= Isuzu diesel motor. GM never could make good diesels. Remember the old 5.7 diesel motors and the early 90's Gm diesels. They were not exactly known as reliable diesels. The best thing Gm did was buy a company who knew how to make diesels, Isuzu makes great diesel motors for their dock trucks.

Duramax= Isuzu diesel motor. GM never could make good diesels. Remember the old 5.7 diesel motors and the early 90's Gm diesels. They were not exactly known as reliable diesels. The best thing Gm did was buy a company who knew how to make diesels, Isuzu makes great diesel motors for their dock trucks.
Other than a lack of power I liked the 6.2 diesel and never had any problems with it, but the 6.5 gave me a sour taste in my mouth.

You hear that?? That is the sound of Ford getting ready to take over the top spot in reliability and customer satisfaction. They are already #2. grin

Couldn't help it, sorry. This is bad news for Toyota. I saw a deal on CNN last night about how this is their worst year in history and now they have to deal with the customer dissatisfaction of the floor mat/uninteded acceloration. Remember what happened to AUDI when they went thru this?

Ya, huh, Ford is a big #2 grin sorry couldn't resist that. I love ford i just cant let that one get away.

Anyway, its a bummer for Toyota but it still doesn't mean they are junk. They dragged their heels and got burned with this deal but I still bet they got less problems than a lot of the others out there. I would bet if you looked at recalls and TSB's for all the manufacturers they are pretty low on the list for # of issues.

Originally Posted By: mnfishinguy
Couldn't help it, sorry. This is bad news for Toyota.

I think whats worse is a manufacturer that continues to build a vehicle that has a know catastrophic issue(s) and does nothing to resolve the problem only to leave the consumer with the repair bill.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Toyota was the one to pull the plug:

"Yesterday Toyota announced that it was halting production and the selling of eight of their most popular models. Interestingly their press release was devoid of the fact that the U.S. Government forced Toyota to issue to the stop-sale and halt the assembly lines. This morning the U.S. Secretary of Transportation has confirmed the government's request.

According to the latest information Toyota is unclear of how to fully fix the sudden acceleration problem and that was the reason for the feds demanding a shut-down. Toyota has continued production in Japan.

This morning House Democrat Bart Stupak, Chairman of the investigation committee said that lawmakers are concerned about the Toyota recall. The investigation committee will be meeting with Toyota today regarding what they really know about the issue."

I am sure this is very frustrating for Toyota, not being able to verify the concern, and to still have to fix it, without a come back. Maybe after this they will understand the mechanics job a little more. OK, I am sure they wont! (Not just picking on Toyota)

This is a serious issue, and there have been several deaths, I just hope that the issue gets found and fixed in a timely matter. Not only to prevent more injuries, but for the sake of the Toyota company.