• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

So much for the floor mat.........

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not opened her up yet. I want to do a slow breakin since that got me 200k+ on the other two toyota trucks I bought new. I can feel the power though.

Just wait till you pass someone when you are towing the boat and get the headers to open up a bit - Lots of power grin

Why do we all pick on toyota for an issue when the American cars have had more issues?

Seems the press and Govt are really into slamming Toyota.

Lets face it, it may be the best car on the market for quality and with a few issues, its the end of the world.

Boy could a person list issues with the American cars and trucks. Seems the American stuff has issues but thats ok.

Man, lets dump Toyota.

I guess this is what happens when the inferior car companies try to pick on the best.

That pretty much echos my thoughts Harvey. I personally don't understand it myself. There have been countless problems with the American stuff but the second a couple things go wrong with a foreign brand its carmageddon. I don't get it.

Its sad too because they do employ a lot of American workers at the plants here in the USA. While the American companies are building stuff elsewhere. It seems like a sick catch 22 to me. This is coming from someone who owns all American cars too.

Harvey, I thought you were a GM guy?

I have two Toyota trucks and I wouldn't trade them for comparable domestic models. I have had very few issues with either vehicle and certainly, notwithstanding general maintenance, there hasn't been anything that would allude to poor quality in either parts or construction.

The deal is, TMC is building good quality autos, and building these vehicles in the US. Many "US" automakers are assembling their vehicles in other countries. So it may appear that the US automakers are coming out ahead in this spin game, when in fact jobs here in the US are being effected by negative pr. So either you are a drone and believe the mass media and the slanted talk radio spin OR you can do a little research on your own, and think without being handed your thoughts. Its funny that many of the people involved in the Toyota conversation don't own Toyotas. Yet they are the most vocal critics. Keep it real. Skol.

At this time I do drive a Chev truck. Doesnt change the fact that all the slamming of Toyota is sad.

I have a few friends that own Toyota's and have had nothing but the best luck with them.

Who knows, one day I may own one. This issue they have now would never keep me from purchasing one as all car companies have issues from time to time.

I think the reason Toyota is being picked on is because of they are claiming most reliable. Now that they are having issues, others are going to prey on their troubles. They ask for it by claiming "most reliable", so they have brought it on themselves. If you are going to live off of being most reliable, be prepaired to die on it as well, when you have issues!

I had no fears whatsoever picking up a new Tundra right at the recall time period. My gas pedal is getting fixed today in fact. It may be true that the quality has gone down since my first Toy 25 years ago (alot are made in the US now) but I still bet their quality is better than the US boys. I saw a recall from another foreign auto company making the news with some problems also.