• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009/2010 Iceleaders ICEMAP! (Thanks Everyone!!!)

Jeremy airjer W

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stella, Washington, and Manuella are all 100% open still in Meeker county. The west tail of Pigeon Lake (swamp) is staring to skim over though. If the winds die down and temps remain below freezing for a while, I don't think it would take long to form ice on any of the Hutchinson are lakes.

Pigeon Lake just north of Hutchinson was skimmed over yesterday morning but forgot to look on my way home this evening. Other small ponds also had a skim on them north of Hutchinson on Highway 15.

Thanks for bringing the map back for another season!

East Central -

I went out tonight to some of the accesses around the Cambridge area.

It was very dark when I got home so I couldn't see the entire lake but it appears most of the skim ice has been lost to the wind.

Fannie had a very small amount of skim ice in and around the weeds at the access off 95 and there were waves at 9PM on the other access I checked.

I will take a look tomorrow during daylight and update everyone.

I plan to look at Francis, Long, Spectacle, and Green (Isanti County) Lakes tomorrow during day light.

East Central -

Some lakes near Cambridge MN.

Fannie, Francis, Long (Isanti County by Isanti), Spectacle, and Green (Isanti County) Lakes are all wide open.

Maybe a little sikm ice in the rushes but not much else.

The wind is not helping us.

Very small ponds (a little bigger than a ditch) and sloughs have ice covering them.

Cross lake area north of brainerd, same story skim ice on smaller lakes and ponds. Open water on larger bodies of water. I will keep you updated with more reports when needed. One or two weeks we should see some progress.