• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009/2010 Iceleaders ICEMAP! (Thanks Everyone!!!)

Jeremy airjer W

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not even a skim of ice yesterday. well see today with 5 aqbove zero right now

Thx troutman, I wanna get up there n do some fishin n spearin.... so I take it the other lakes in the area are the same, hows the small part of loon lookin?

Anyone know how sakatah is doing in waterville?

Sakatah Bay was skimmed over as of 0830. Upper and Lower Sak and Tetonka were open but steaming. Probably getting some ice growth from the shore out as I type.

Might be walkable by next week with this forecast.

Lake Okabena in Worthington, was a sheet of ice this morning. Now just keep the winds away and keep the cool temps here and she should be good and solid! Forcasted high in Worthington only shows one day over 25 through next Thursday and lows near 10!!!!

Just took a drive around the Brainerd/Nisswa area and heres what I saw:

North Long 371 Bay mostly iced over

Round-open some ice starting on the west side

Margaret- mostly iced over

Nisswa-open,Hubert-open,Edward-open,East/West Twin-open

Lower Cullen-open

Pelican Jones Bay-mostly iced still had a couple open spots

Gull Lake-open

Note: Nothing safe yet for walking

Airjer

I'm about 45 min south of Worthington in NW Iowa. Most of the ponds and gravel pits are skimmed over with ice. Unless you get over to MN or the IGL most of the Ponds are 20acres or under. Had about an Inch of snow, but not much wind. Shouldn't be long an We'll be fishing some local ponds before the lakes get safe ice.

Just talked on the phone with a couple of my buddies that fish with me on Crystal, Franklin, Lida..... just a bit of ice around the edges.... but it is calm, clear and around zero tonight so hopefully will be ice over soon.... I sure hope so.... suffering ice fishing withdrawal.... many years been on the ice for two weeks already... cry

Better report

Took off this morning at 8 to check out lakes, just me and my son so I didn't get to go too far out with out wimping out.

Tulaby lake, just froze last night, walked out about 2 steps and it cracked and I jumped back to shore.

Elbow still has open water out in front of the village.

Some smaller lakes out in the hills were good though. The first one I checked I made it out about 30 yards and got 3 inches. The second one(see image my 6 year old took) I made it out to 12 feet of water. Could have fished if I had my gear. It was also about 3 inches. Could have made it farther out but I didn't want to go out with out another adult. Looking foward to fishing tomorrow after another cold night!!!!!

december124.jpg