• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Low Tide...

Great stuff Stu, the last two in particular. It is amazing watching the water level rise and fall with the wind up there both in the river and lake. Hope you have had a productive Greenback season! Would be great to be up there with the beautiful weather we have right now!

Always amazed at how the wind can change the level of those big prairie lakes. Haven't spent much time on Winnipeg, but used to hunt at Delta Marsh and we always had to be aware about rising water levels with a strong north wind. Would sure bring the ducks in, though! grin

Thank you all for your comments. Composed of 9,465 square miles, Winnipeg is truly a massive exspanse of fresh water! Much of the lake is accessible by water only, simply because roads do not exist.

The lake's seemingly endless shoreline consist of sand beaches that may extend uninterrupted for miles. Many of these beaches have seldom played host to a single human footprint. Granite boulder strewn shorelines or shorelines that are protected by sheer limestone cliffs. Granite cliff outcrops are also common place as well. Small wonder why I enjoy spending much of my free time walking about her shores.

As I've come to expect from you Stu, these are incredible. You are really able to capture something in your images that tell a story and makes viewers want to be there. I think you've accomplished what photography is all about.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks again all for your comments!

Over the past couple of years, I have really come to appreciate this photography forum and all the positive people who participate on it.

IMO this forum is a fantastic place for everyone to share his or her photography and it's also a great place to learn more on the subject. For that my brothers and sisters, I thank you all!

Wow! I've never really thought of it but it makes sense that strong winds would play a big role in water levels on such a freshwater beauty. As always nice work, I love to see the pictures you post from the shores of your inland sea. Keep walking.