• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gophers Hockey makes me want to vomit.

RumRiverRat

Take it easy boys, not every program is the Fighting Sioux program wink

The Chokers have talent they just need to get some head space and timing issues figured out and they will be winning close games instead of losing them. I'm hoping they don't get it worked out until next year personally, but that is just one man's opinion. Good luck, it's early. GO SIOUX!!!

It's tough to watch.

Maybe IFALLSRON is right and its time for Lucia to go!... There I said it!.. smile

Work this into you're maybe:

Maybe I looked across the line in a football game and saw his eyes when he was a pup but his father was a school monkey;

Maybe I skated against him in a hockey game when he was paired with someone who would be an Olympian;

Maybe he was a spare college player at N. Dame with guys I knew.

Maybe I know any number of assistant coaches who worked with him.

Maybe most every kid in this state wants to be a Gopher and and maybe he can't work with kids anymore.

Maybe all that.

And maybe I say a Duluth sweep.

Maybe IFalls is right. About Lucia that is. Not sure I can hope for a sweep. UMD usually plays like [PoorWordUsage] at Mariucci.

Entertaining game nonetheless. Lucia is going to get some chest pains soon with the penalties.

Sidebar, are they making an announcing change? Where's Frank? Anthony is doing a pretty decent job of it anyway.

What a joke of a weekend for the Gophers...TWO nights in a row they let a 2-0 lead slip away. The 3rd goal tonight was just rediculous, if you have a $200 stick, USE THE STICK to hit the puck, not your skate (Fairchild)...you could tell Kangas was extremely frustrated with this one... Granted UMD has been playing well the last couple weeks, but the Gophers are definitely due...1st period was good, second was OK, but the game's 3 periods for a reason. Gotta shoot to score, right?

The Gophers just dont have it right now. They can't seem to play a 60 minute game. They seem to start strong and then go into defensive mode and go away from attacking the net. I think I will just have to stick with Bemidji State this year (Another sweep this weekend!!!)

Lucia has to go! Gopher hockey is like Duke basketball. This program is traditionally top 5 in the country every year. Mediocrity is not accepted. This team is barely top 5 in the state of Minnesota. Shame on anybody who thinks differently. It's not about moral victories for national powerhouses.

On the other side, you have a Bulldog team that is playing very well...among the WCHA league leaders. They have North Dakota and Denver coming up on the schedule...we'll see how good they are.

And Bemidji is playing well...up at the top of the pairwise rankings right now.

Those are a couple Minnesota college hockey teams that seem to be riding some of last year's playoff success into this year.

And St. Cloud State is right around that #16 cutoff in the pairwise (yes, I know it is still early).

The point is that just because it is not the Gophers doesn't mean there is not good college hockey being played in Minnesota right now.

I'm pretty pumped about the weekend of hockey. If I'm not mistaken, it's UMD's first sweep at Mariucci since '03-'04. Actully threw a pillow at our TV after the blown "no goal" call in the 3rd, which almost killed the TV. Was able to see the winning goal though, so all was good.

I can understand the frustration about Gopher hockey and I agree with the Duke comment. They should be a top 5 recruiting school, and should take that top 5 talent deep into the playoffs almost every year. A few dry years here have people pretty frustrated. It is still early though, and this Oct/Nov hockey can be meaningless if you are strong near the finish.

Tough weekend for the gopher but I actually didn't think they played that bad and for long stretches really took it to UMD. Two goals off skates were the difference this weekend, sometimes those go your way sometimes they don't.

Everyone is complaining but there is plenty of season left to turn things around and I think they are starting to play better.

I believe that the Ref's only have the overhead view, this keeps the playing field equal for games with no TV coverage.

Can't say for sure but he probably couldn't see if it was a stick or skate that put it in from that view.

Gopher fan here also and I still think it was a goal.

Gopher fans, it could be worse. You could be a Husky fan who is still waiting for their first $%@$%@$# NCAA tournament victory!

I enjoy college hockey and if I'm not watching the Huskies I'm watching the Gophs. It does appear that something is missing with them.

I had high expectations for SCSU this year but consistency has been an issue. Need to correct that before the playoffs start.

I believe that the Ref's only have the overhead view, this keeps the playing field eqaul for games with no TV coverage.

Can't say for sure but he probably couldn't see if it was a stick or skate that put it in from that view.

Good catch! That would be the only explanation I would buy. There really wasn't any controversy about it when looking towards the rear of the net.