• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dream Last Night

JacobMHD

Does anybody care to analyze a dream I had last night?

I had a dream that I was walking a trail to my stand when a buck stepped out into the field 100 yards in front of me. I sidestep behind a tree and think to my self, what are the chances he actually comes my way and presents a shot? Low and behold he does. He makes his way over to me and stops perfectly broadside at 35 yards. This is where it gets interesting. I pull back and set my pin. I feel good about the shot and let 'er fly. The arrow hits the deer right behind the shoulder and boucnes off. Amazingly the deer doesn't move, remember this is a dream. I nock another arrow and shoot again. Same thing, the arrow bounces right off. I get one more shot in, the same thing happens again. Now I'm out of arrows. This is where I woke up.

Have some fun interpreting it. I am curious to hear your responses.

I would say it is a pretty good example of the powers that be telling you there are A LOT MORE ways for the deer to win then there is for us, as hunters, to win!

That or some buck has got a hold of your mind and is just messing with you grin

I have a similar dream where I take the safety off the trigger and no matter how hard I squeeze, the gun won't go off. Drives me nuts.

96, I hear ya, drives me nuts also! All my dreams of Hunting or shooting a gun during my life, the guns never go off! I really think that my subconscious just does not know how to reproduce the loud sound? Huum? I have missed a lot of nice Deer and Bad guys "In my Dreams" madcry

Sometimes I think we should have our heads examined. I have no idea what it means, but you are right about the bad guys too. No matter what I'm trying to fire at, when I have a gun in my dreams, I can not get the thing to fire. It seems like the more I want/need to, the harder it gets to pull the trigger.

Bizzarre.

You and leech need to get out of my head. Weird.

I wonder what that means too. Sometimes I think it's my mind reminding me that so many things can go wrong when it matters most.

Maybe the same deal with the rubber arrows? confused

BTW, my wife never lets me forget I shouldn't be flippin and pitchin in my dreams. I've smacked her more than once. eek

I think maybe you guys have all seen the movie escanaba in da moonlight to many times and if you havent you should find it and watch it. It could explain some things for you.

That is the best movie for deer camp My chevy took a s$%t Take me Remnar take me now

Can't say what it means I almost never remember mine. My wife did tell me about 10 years ago when I said to her 2-3 times, "There's blood in the yard, it's time for venison." So I'm assuming the arrow or bullet went true in that dream. She enjoyed the one where I was asking for a nail as well so I could continue work on a permanent deer stand.

I have a similar dream where I take the safety off the trigger and no matter how hard I squeeze, the gun won't go off. Drives me nuts.

Be glad it was just a dream. Happen to me in real life, that trusty 870 "click click click' just about wraped it around a tree.

Originally Posted By: 96trigger

Be glad it was just a dream. Happen to me in real life, that trusty 870 "click click click' just about wraped it around a tree.

I HATE when it goes "click". eek

All dreams have meanings. The thing is there symbolic and you have to look deep into them. The best person to say what it means is you. Dreams remind us of our day, thoughts that we consiously dont remember, everyone dreams every night but if you dont think about them as soon as you wake up you tend to forget them. If you dont think about a dream as soon as you wake up you will forget it within 5 seconds, yes this is scientifically proven. try it one morning when you wake up instantly think about what you just dreamed and i bet you start remembering them more. When you think of shooting that big buck what experiences have you had in the past or is there something that makes this immortal buck seem real life? like your chasing a dream and cant seal the deal? just ideas to throw at you. my gf had a dream of me chasing after a big buck and i was running right next to it but i never did anything. I consider that to be chasing a buck that i cant ever catch. If i dont get a nice buck this year i blame her smile. dreams are crazy and seem real yet far fetched at the same time, but most of them do have meaning if we just take some time to analyze them better. by the way maybe you should sharpen your broadheads before your next outing grin

Brand new muzzy broadheads have been installed, just in case I am psychic.

The seal the deal thing could be true, this is my fourth years bow hunting and to date I have only taken one shot at a live animal. Missed low on a small doe.