• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Bow stand Log thread.

alwaysonthemove

Lets start this thread on what everybody is seeing out there.

this morning I seen one solitary deer in the fog no telling what it was. about sunrise I seen a 8 point about 110 feeding on clover in front of me. also 1 skunk, and several coon rambling through at 730. lots of acorns dropping

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropped uncle off spooked one out as I left him. It snuck in behind us. Went to my stand and heard two coons chattering as they walked away. Picked my uncle out he saw a flock of Crows and a hunter. Posted property and the guy came in and set up down from him. We'll see what happens later.

Wensday was a funny even for me. got out around 5:15 and as I come over the hill in bean field theres a nice ten ptr about 50 yards from my stand. Figures. Whats he doing out that early especially with the warmth. Later that evening mama and four cubs come strutting by. I wonder why she has so many cubs with her, maybe something happend to the other mama. some does and fawns later thats it.

Tried my new ladder stand this morning. I saw a doe and a fork buck about 60 yards away watched them for a while then seen a few roosters. Although he was not a shooter it sure is nice seeing a buck while out there. one thing i dont like about the ladder stand is that if the wind blows to hard it kinda flex's and makes a few squeaks. other than that had a few close calls with some birds now its off to school for another week frown.

Acorns plopping all around me yesterday. Squirrels and chipmunks crashing about. Heard squirrels chattering and a red fox trotted by my stand. Had a doe just about to step out of cover at 15 yards, but she fed the other way. 4 deer came through just at dark last night. Hunting the Duluth city hunt this year. Some nice intact woods. Pileated buzzed me. Chickadees scrutinizing me.

Had a nice big doe come into my 15yd x 15yd plot in the woods but this ol' doe had my number almost right away. She pounded her feet and tried to smell me but couldn't. She grazed for a second and seemed to relax a little but eventually grew tired of trying to get me to move and ran off into the brush to watch me from there. Stood like a statue but minutes later she left blowing the whole way making sure no one else would come around.

Stinks getting busted first evening out!!

Sat morning 4 pheasants a cat and lots of tree rats

Sat eve 2 grouse and tree rats

sun morning heard the deer come buy in the dark a cat more pheasants

Sun eve 6 coons eating acorns passed a spike and took a 13 yard chip shot on a yearling doe she ran about a 40 half circle and crashed into a dead fall just got done skinning and deboneing and into the garage fridge,backstraps for dinner.