• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

61" Muskie caught on Mille Lacs?

dblock

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That St Lawrence fish was a pig, but that was released if I remember correctly thus didn't qualify for a record... (I guess theres a few of these and some controversies about them)... the information on this fish I got a month ago was that the story would be broke by Muskie Hunter and there was essentially a gag order put on, which I guess they do in these types of things for magazines, Just what Im told haha

Here she is, caught on a bulldawg on a bright sunny day:

dawggill.jpg

Seriously though, everyone take a deep breath. I don't think the pic in question that Redig is talking about is the one, Cjac - quit spreading those rumors smile

UC, chill bro - what's it going to matter?

Quote:
Lakes over 400 acres need not apply...

Its IMPOSSIBLE to grow big muskies in small lakes, just ask our DNR tired

The same DNR that just earlier this year had a pic of a 50.5" they netted out of a little 50 acre lake up on their HSOforum.

hey Jeff. that small lake wouldn't be the one that's kind of near a river is it? Partridge family ring a bell? and she wouldn't have a bigger sister would she? if it is i can tell you where those muskie came from. from the nearby river from the old man that passed about 10 years ago. he'd stick them in there after catching them in the river. those underwater stump fields are the bomb. i had a lot of fun there when i was younger. if it's not the same lake then.... the one i'm talking about is, Lake Nevrmind. smile one of the few places i know where 5 lb bass are a given on any trip and a 7 lb. is easy if you go enough. bid nords in there too. crappie are good some years. anyway... wink

It's a truly big fish. 61"? Only two people know for sure- actually according to the story- only his buddy knows.

Anyways...in looking at the picture- you can't even see the tail!!!

Oh well...big girl who I would love to put to net someday...If it was on the 'tou, I'll go for her next summer....

'''''''''''Two weeks earlier, King and Meyers had left their measure stick at a cabin, so for this trip Meyers fashioned one from a two-piece net handle. “The larger section was marked out to exactly 55 inches, and snapped together the ruler went to 70 inches''''''''''''''''

Not trying to be a hater but, w+f.

I think a couple of the last posts here demonstrate exactly why people are starting to keep these big fish quiet. Everyone has an opinion on how big the fish really was, if it was measured correctly, how it was handled yada, yada, yada.

I say congratulations on an awesome fish. Thank you for sharing the pictures, now I have to go get the boat ready for my own chase.

I thought the same thing.. Somehow putting a net that is maked off and then a measuring stick? I want to see that thing on a certified bunk board. Part of the anomosity is because MH decided to keep it a secret... And then post it on their message board?!? come on, that fish deserves the cover and a highlited article if they are going to keep it a secret.

None the less, that fish is a true Monster! Congrats on the nice fish!!!