• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

Well I just got the call from my best bud that moved to montana a few years ago to check my email. These are the phone calls I look forward to since I got him into archery hunting back in high school and he has allways let me know what is going on in his archery season. He ask me every year to apply and come out but I have not made it out yet.

DSC_0278-1.jpg

Just returned from ND with the bow, hunted public land NW of Fairfield, went 3 for 6, not the biggest, but the most rewarding hunt yet for me with the bow. We tented it for 8 days and it rained for 4 with high winds. Definitley a great adventure. Hes a tall 5x6.

DSC03542.jpg

DSC03544.jpg

DSC03547.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys!!

DSC03577.jpg

Talk about a dream season, was fortunate to have this guy show up last night. 13 pt non-typical, 200lbs even dressed, shot him at 7pm Wed night, same time a week earlier also on Wed I shot my 5 x 6 muley, Sometimes the deer gods just smile upon you!!! Check out his ears, they both seem to have been cut off at some point.

DSC01929.jpg

DSC01918.jpg

DSC01923.jpg

DSC01914.jpg

Very cool, what a unique rack. You know those little bucks with goofy racks that people always want to "cull" because of bad genetics. Well, I think you just shot one that was able to get old enough to produce one heck of a gnarly rack. Nice job.

Thanks all, yes he was right below me about 12 yrds out. He didnt go 60 yrds. Nice clean and quick harvest. Took him also to the taxidermy and in 30 yrs hes never seen ears like that. Not frost bite. Best we can figure is when he was a young lad, he was laying out in some alfalfa and a haybin went over the top of him and cut his ears off. Both cuts seem to be identical. He had a very large neck also for this time of the yr. Good luck to all, hoping my 13 yrs old daughter gets a chance to file a tag this weekend on the doe hunts. Be safe!!