• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

This isn't my deer but the guy in the guy in the picture is a mentor and good friend of mine. He has been chasing this deer for four years and every year it has eluded him. Lost his arm in a lineman accident several years back and doctors were shocked he didn't die so he took this deer with his crossbow at 30 yards. Scored 144

Marksbigdeer.jpg

IS he from Jackson If it is who I think it is Great guy.

This is a couple weeks past due, but on Wednesday, October 7th I was able to take my first deer of the year with my new bow (Mathews Drenalin)! Finally got a little break from the rain we had been getting so I decided it would be a good night to sit in a tree stand for a couple hours. I bought a new bow before season this year, and so far I have about 80 hours of stand time under my belt from a 7 day bear hunt which resulted in exactly zero bear sightings, so it goes without saying that I was ready to come to full draw on something! I got off work at 5:00, headed home, fed the dog, changed into my camo, and headed out for an evening sit. I climed into my stand at about 6:00, filled with anticipation for the hour and a half of shooting light I had left. Shortly after 7:00 I hear something to my right, and slowly turn my head. I was surprised to see a doe at about 18 yards and closing the distance fast. She crossed in front of me at about 2 yards and stopped after she got past me, slightly quartering away at 6 yards. I came to full draw, told myself to "aim small" and settled my pin about 3/4 of the way up her back since it was such a steep angle, lined up with her far leg . I let the arrow fly, and watch it blow through her and stick about 6 inches into the ground. The doe spun around, jumped a fence and made it only 30 yards up the side of a corn field before tumbling over. I switched to Muzzy MX-3's this year, and although I watched her fall and tracking was not necessary, I wanted to see what type of blood trail she left. I was very pleased with the amount of blood sprayed all over both sides of the trail, although I believe any broadhead would have produced the same results, as I took out both lungs and the top quarter of the heart, with a low exit point. I discarded the used blades and cleaned up the rest of the broadhead, and it's ready for another set of blades and another deer. Now with my doe tag filled, it's time to wait for mister big! Here's a couple of pics:

4039753807_5557fa2e49_o.jpg

4040504664_57827e7b22_o.jpg

I got this one last Wednesday and scored him at 128. I guess it is time to duck hunt.

coonrapidsdeer2-1.jpg

Great buck. I now know that I am officially bad at scoring deer unless that 128" is net. That deer looks bigger than that to me. You must be one of the few people online that tell the truth.

Finally tagged one in Wisconsin tonight! This was my 1st Wisconsin deer in 17 years and you would think I would bring a camera! Actually had the phone with cam available and never thought to take a photo! O' well. Just a young doe, but saw 6 deer from stand tonight, 5 does and 1 button. Still looking forward to a WI buck now.

I do most of my hunting, gun and bow in MN now, but the last two years I have bought the WI archery in hopes of a nice Buffalo County Buck. My dad has leased half the farm to a stranger, access was always assured in the past, but I guess you never know... figured I'd give it a try before someone offered him enough to boot us off the whole farm! He has a 160 acre on each side of the river so I still have nice land to hunt.