• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

expo

mtreno

The parking at the expo cost me my $1000 insurance deductable. I left plenty of room in front of me but apparently those college kids need more because I returned to my one week old car to see the front bumper caved in.

I must have lucked out because I found a nice spot to park on the side of the road a 1/2 block away just across the street. But I didn't get there till like 4pm Saturday. Probably less busy then.

I found parking to be fairly easy on Sunday morning. Walked about 2.5 blocks. Nice day out so I didn't really mind. Many of the deals were already gone but I did pick up a new net and a fill a few holes in the tackle box. I caught part of Larry Dahlberg's seminar and must have walked in at the wrong time because it was a little over my head. All in all, good show....I'll be back next year.

I thought it was great. I picked up a bunch of lures and sold even more at the swap. Paid for most of what I bought at the expo!

Can't wait to throw these custom bucktails, should be good color combo's!

Nice meeting and seeing everyone, we need to do a FM muskie GTG this summer, maybe on 'tonka or mille lacs.

I didn't do good on the parking, but it was a nice enough day for a walk. Brought the step kid so we spent the time at the lure making for kids exhibit, so 3 new lures for him and no money out of my wallet. I liked it better in Blaine, but thats just my opinion

It was a great show for me, although it did get a little long on friday and saturday. Innovations sold a ton of baits, especially the pros and unfortunately we ran out of jimmys, those were very popular. Seemed like a ton of people came on sataurday and quite a few on saturday as well. Pretty crazy at the register for about 2 hours on friday and saturday. It was great seein you guys that stopped by and talked, that made the day even better. Overall it was pretty awesome.

what a cool site to see all the kids using "Georges tackle shop" booth every day,,the line was looooong ALL day on saturday,,There were so many kids wanting to make bucktails that the volunteers had to switch over to zip ties and glue instead of winding thread on the skirts just to speed up process and keep pace with the line.

Talked to Paul Hatman this mourning and he said NEXT YEAR the bus garage will be complete and available for parking next year so that should help.

O'Garas loved having us at the swapmeet and we brought them alot of money Im sure they will lay out the red carpet for us next year,,Were gonna try to get 'hairball' to perform that night they are turning into one of the TC areas hottest acts

I thought the show was good for my first appearance. It was pretty warm in there on Sat with all those people that's for sure. The seminars were good with some decent info and some motivational tips from Saric. That guy can give a presentation.

I ended up with a new 8' rod, one custom curly sue in blue shad that looks sweet (DeBo - I'm surprised you didn't get one of these!?) a krisco, hawg wobbler, medussa, and hulbert's net light. Wanted to buy many more but the new rod didn't help any.

Couldn't make the swap meet since I had to make a wedding reception, but maybe next year.

I have had a booth at the expo for about 8 years now. I liked the facility, bathrooms were close and there were lots of them. Parking wasn't a problem for me, I have a handicap sticker, so I was able to get a spot everyday of the show.

The Expo will be at Concordia again next year. They will have a new buss carage open by next year. It will add several hundred new parking spaces.

I do hope they can do a better job with the ventalation next year. It was very warm in there

every day but Sunday.

All in all, I thought it was a great show. We sold a lot of our custom Glittertails and Ace muskie leaders, I even sold a custom dbl10 dear hair bucktail, that weiged in at about 3.5ozs. I guess nothing is to big anymore. smile

"Ace"

Nater - I did see those custom sues and was very tempted. After The lure closet is pretty full these days so I kept the lure buying to a minimum. Plus 2 rods, 2 custom baits, and a mapchip are enough coin for me to spend in a day. What rod did you end up getting?

I'm an engineer at concordia.we are in the process of installing a new energy mangment control system right now.Sorry for any problems should be alot better next year.I've worked there for 22 years and the expo was the coolest thing i've seen here.

P.S. I mentioned that the guys would like beer sales and they are going to ofer that to paul for next year.

DeBo - I picked up a 8' Compre. You still selling your Compre, didn't even think about checking with you first. Had some money saved up for the show and saved 20% off retail, so not bad.

P.S. I mentioned that the guys would like beer sales

Good deal, Because boy oh boy did I get thirsty from all of that walking around... how about those LAX replicas, they are in my opinion "The cats meow" of replicas!

I been saying that for the last couple years. (Like the Deer Classic- beer sales)

But I have my doubts they will do it / allow it.

To many Do Gooders out there !

LAX in my opinion are FAKE looking to the Max.

I would much rather put the real thing on the wall.

But hey.........some like em Fake and some like em Real!

Hey Guys, I was the lucky guy to catch that smallie. It was 27" measured on a Dunwright Bump May 2007. My buddy Kyle and I were pitching Crappie tubes off my dock for slabs and Bluegills. We catch an occasional Bucket mouth, but never a Small mouth. One afternoon, two days before bass opener, I pitched a pink Lil' Hustler on 4# and hooked that giant. My buddy wanted me to keep it because it would certainly break the state record. But, I believe in Karma. And being a musky guide, I was afraid if I kept it, before the season opener, my musky season would go to [PoorWordUsage]. So we measured & released it. She wasn't as pretty as the mount - She had a bigger belly, but she was really gnarley looking. She had a big black tumor on her side, no webbing left on her fins, and her eyes were pretty scummed over. I told Rick, it looks like you made a 20 year old bass with a 4 year old paint job. It was an awesome experience and an awesome mount... Especially with the ducks added to it.

Oh... And after we caught that fish, within 15 minutes after, we released 4 more in the 3-4 pound range - The males chasing the female is my guess.

Thanks for the compliments, Jerry Sondag

Cool story jsondag. That smallie mount was great with the ducks. I'd love to see some photos of the real thing. I think tumors and imperfections in the fish are what make a cool mount, if done right. The way the LAX crew finishes the paint probably wouldn't look good with a big ol' tumor but I digress. Thanks for sharing.