• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

expo

mtreno

Originally Posted By: Brian H
A long walk.

true.

Very true, parking was horrible. Watched an accident happen as we were getting out of our vehicles. Some cool custom colors were there, picked up a dawg, cowgirl and some stuff from Musky Buster.

Chad

I agreed.. Parking was suck.. Even in crowded neighbors during busy hour. overall I had good time, picked some h20's nitro and hardhead, dsg, wood pacemaker, krisco, hawgteaser, baby wa wabull, 2 rad dog and compre rod...

Anyone make it to RK's talk? I think it was last night. He's an excellent presenter- always does a nice job. Presents in a very knowledgable and confident way, but still is able to remain humble. If you didn't catch his talk, be sure to get to one he give some time.

I thought the parking was great. We parked in a parking lot less than a block away. I was expecting alot worse.

IMO it was the best expo that I have been too. Alot of cool customs and innovative baits.

The Pro Dawgs look awesome! Hunter sold me one and I can't wait to throw it! Anyone going to the expo, stop at the Muskie Innovations booth and pick up a couple from him, he's a really good stick.

My buddy has a custom cowgirl made up that is flippin sweet. It's like nothng that I have seen and I have seen alot of custom cowgirls.

ALL THE RETAILERS HAVE THE BEST DEAL THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN THERE, BUY A GARCIA TORO FOR $279 AND GET A FENWICK TECHNA AV FREE! THAT'S A $220 ROD!

We didn't sit in on Robs Seminar cause we had to take in the whole show and then get the Wild game. Sorry Rob... I'm sure it was good and wish we had more time.

All in all a great show!

ole matty, how much was it for a 8'6" compre rod?

I thought the Compre's only went to 8'. Did they come out with an 8'6" this year?

I caught part of RK's seminar, and your are correct - he does a great job!

This is my first year going. I did a great job only spending the cash in pocket, only problem is that I forgot to keep the debit card at home eek

Some of the great deals I came across:

- Free spooling of new fireline braid, Stealth Camo, Suffix with purchase of a reel at the show.

- Buy one Blue Fox Vibrex Dbl#10 get one free

- Free Techna AV rod ($230 value) with Revo Toro purchase

- Most of the big stores had some sort of sale items going on, some with very good discounts

Spent the time at the Expo with Quack and Ole Matty... was GREAT, maybe better than last year... although we've noticed that several manufacturers/vendors that was there last year wasnt there this year such as Rollie & Helen's and ERC...

Came home with 5 Show Exclusive Pacemakers, a Roughrunner (Along with a sweet deal with Mike Hulbert), and several Musky Mayhem Apparels... Overall, those were the deals I couldnt pass up... Im starting to double-guess myself as I didnt grab that "Reverse Loon" Weagle...

Parking wasnt so bad for me as I parked in the lot next to Holiday gas station... just less than a block walk to Ganglehoff Center...

Was also great seeing everybody including Hunter... Hes doing a great job working at Musky Innovation booth... those new Pro Dawgs sure looked sweet... but my interest was more into Medussa and Curly Sues... Nope I didnt get any Cowgirls this year... no bucktails...

I just arrived home from an always enjoyable Muskie expo. I make it a yearly tradition with my kids and grands to travel the 400 plus mile round trip. We saw alot of "I really have to have that nice or cool one" lures, great "you really need this" deals on rods/reels, and spoke to a few friends. Our bags weren't quite as full this year - like most we are affected by the economy. I'm sure the "have to have nice or cool" lures we did purchase and new "you really need this" reel/rods for the grandboys will help make another season as good as the others.

I also got lucky and parked right behind the Ganglehoff Center, but did talk to many who were upset with the parking situation. Someone did tell me that the University was the site of the ACT test for high schoolers this morning so that didn't help.

It was a nice day for a walk and hats off to Paul Hartman and staff, the exhibitors, and friendly people for another sucessfull Expo.

I added quite a number of bucktails to my collection, getting good prices on them all. Most were smaller sizes which I want to use more this year. My best deal was pulling the trigger on a Lowrance HDS 8 for $1528 tax included, saved about 3 bills.

Parking NOT a problem for me either. Once down side to having the Expo on college campus is no beer. Would have been nice to have a cold one during my shopping.

A buddy and I each picked up 8'6" Musky Innovations Magnum rod for $100 each. Thought that was great deal. I mixed and matched some Glittertails, and found a nice Shiver spinner for chuckin' in the reeds.

parking was great, unfortunately they were out of the Techna rods. Very nice from what I hear. Did pick up a Toro and a lakewood, which put a hurting on my wallet. I never learn - next year I think I just won't take it

I got some glittertails, cowgirls, a big daddy, and a few bulldawgs. Picked up a 9' MI rod as well.

Nice to meet JRedig, Esox Magnum and his friend, HuntBigFish, Propster, Rebel, and ole Matty at the swap. I sold 8 lures as well. Great time!

Nice meeting you guys, we had fun. Parking was bad but we stayed on Campus so was only a couple block walk for us. Time to start saving for next year. I ordered a new Predator rod from Thorne Bros, got a few new baits and a few used ones at the swap. All around good trip.

It was my first time at the Expo and I wasn't disappointed. I brought my oldest son along (7) and he had a blast. We parked ~ a block away. Nothing too terrible for us.

All the vendors were great to him, and he scored some great baits. Those folks know what it means to a 7 year old to get a muskie bait! He's hooked for life now! Not to mention how much he enjoyed the area where he was able to design his own bucktail and paint his own jigs. That was great. I'm actually a little jealous of the pseudo showgirl he made.

Best deal I got was the out of the box Abu 700's that Reeds were clearancing out for $65 which also qualified for the rebate and free line offer. At the Musky Innovations booth I picked up a few Heli Dawgs that were a good price, and a few of new Llungen crankbaits. Both of those vendors were more than happy to do a little extra to put a smile on my sons face.

A great show and a fun day with my son. We can't wait for next year.

RK's seminar was darn good. It seems like we spend lots of time making this a bit complicated and he broke it down to some basics that even I can understand. Some very good ideas on types of baits I wouldn't have thought of. I'll definitely do the full weekend pass next year so I can get to more of the seminars.

Saturday was great too... bit more packed than friday... I wasnt planning on going on Saturday but I couldnt get that Reverse Loon Weagle Baldy made up for the show out of my mind so got hold of Ole Matty and met up with him at the Expo... Thankfully, I got it... and it was the LAST ONE!!! Got to chat more with Hulbert and Sennett... along with few others that I knew... Jim Saric's reaction was PRICELESS when Matty went up to him and flat-out suggested that he do a Musky Hunter episode with a deaf musky fisherman... and he even went home with a nice girl's phone number... talk about all-time high in confidence!!! Definitely was SWEET day!!!

Nice to meet JRedig, Esox Magnum and his friend, HuntBigFish, Propster, Rebel, and ole Matty at the swap. I sold 8 lures as well. Great time!

Swap meet afterwards was good too... but I liked last year's location better as it was MUCH more roomy... but otherwise it went great... seemed like more people attended the swap meet this year...

DHanson... the pleasure's all mine... JRedig, Propster, and Hunter... was good chatting with you both at the Expo and the Swap Meet... HugoBox, must have missed you... Also met AWH and chatted with him too... Esox Magnum... was great to finally meet you...

So overall, the Expo/Swap bounty for me was great... seeing all the friends, 7 new lures for the 2009 season, new Musky Mayhem Hat to look forward to putting on once I break the 50" mark... Lets hope the luck stays strong!!!

Was my first expo and I enjoyed it. Could easily spend as much or as little money as you want. Picked up a couple of 9ft MI rods and a Dakotas lakemaster chip from Reeds.

Only lures I bought were a custom chopper from tauchen and a junkbug from chatterwings. Lots of other cool customs and plenty of standard baits at decent prices.

Parking was so-so. I had never been to that part of the world before so I was just kinda driving in circles but had I been there before I would have drove right to a free spot and walked a block and a half.

Some of the replicas were pretty cool as well. Borovsky's monster didn't even look right laying on the table in front of him.