• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's your choice when fishing?

Agronomist_at_IA

Truthfully Im a believer in just fishig one line, when they are really biting well because you cant keep up with both lines at prime time anyhow. I mainly fish spots wheir theirs good panfishing till dark then when the walleyes come in and spook them away I switch to a walleye setup its nice to have at least 4 rods ready to go a bobber rig for walleyes a bobber rig for the pannies, and then a jigging rig(noodle) pannies and then a walleye/crappies jigging rod. A tip-up 10 ft or more from the house with the lantern in it would be my option if i wanted a second line.

I guess it really depends on what lake I'm on, and where on the lake I am.

Examples:

Fishing Lime lake in Avoca, I'll target Pike.

Fishing Sarah, I'll target perch and catch walleye also. Or, I'll go to a couple crappie spots and target them.

Fishing Shetek is the same approach as Sarah.

Fishing Timber Lake, I'll target perch.

And so on and so on and so on. I guess it just depends on what mood I'm in that day.

looneyducer, that says it pretty good!

I have always been almost exclusive to Walleye with the occasional panfish target. That all changed last year. I have built up some pretty good technique and knowledge on finding and catching Walleye. I was honestly getting bored at times so I started giving those pannies a little more effort. WARNING **** PANFISHING CAN CAUSE ADDICTIONS TO FLOURISH ******** In the last week, I have split my time, chasing Perch and Walleye, and I will continue to do so most of the winter, on the weekdays and nights, I will target the eyes, and come weekends, my panfish explorations will become fun adventures! I have two young daughters who have every episode of Hannah Montana memorized word for word and the shows theme song sums it up pretty good for me. The main line is "You Get The Best of Both Worlds"

Pannies and Eyes, Eyes and Pannies

like looneyducer said, red marks!