• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KFAN's Puffy arrested for Crack

toughguy

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had some summer help at work and one of our guy's buddies was in treatment at Hazeltine. He told me Puffy was there for some sort of chemical dependency issue.

Puffy just went through a divorce after being married for less than 2 years. I hope he can get his life back on track.

Yep, sounds like he really got caught off guard by a “gold digger”.

That’s too bad for him.

I can’t say that I care for his radio mind/ability, but you hate to see that happen to anyone, especially someone in the public eye.

He has been known to go after a lot of pro athletes about their own “issues” from time to time, so once again Karma shows it’s face.

Can only hope for the best for him.

From the Star and Tribune it looks like Dubay is going to get charged with possessing a small amount of cocaine.

The attorney for KFAN Radio personality Jeff Dubay said he expects his client to be charged Wednesday in Ramsey County District Court with possessing a small amount of cocaine.

Dubay was arrested last Wednesday night after his car was pulled over in Maplewood. Incorrect reports as to what charges he could face appeared on a news HSOforum, indicating a connection to methamphetamine. At least one television report also mentioned Dubay in connection with meth.

behalf of Mr. Dubay we're relieved that the formal charges will be brought forward so all the misinformation that was swirling in the press can be clarified and dispelled," said Mark D. Kelly, a St. Paul-based attorney. "I think there was a lot of distress when the allegations regarding methamphetamine and the misinformation on [the] HSOforum was posted that this was something that it wasn't. People relied on that to their detriment and to Jeff's detriment."

Kelly said Dubay would have no comment Tuesday.

The incorrect information linked Dubay to a crime that, according to Kelly, carries with it a presumptive prison sentence and involves six or more grams of something that could include methamphetamine.

Dubay was arrested on suspicion of a fifth-degree possession of a controlled substance, which is a felony. Dubay could end up in a pre-trial diversion program, meaning the matter would stand to be dismissed after 12 months without any criminal conviction on his record provided he complies with the conditions the court imposes.

Dubay, who has co-hosted the "PA and Dubay show" with Paul Allen on KFAN (1130 AM) since 1998, has not been on the air since his arrest and is currently on a leave from the station. Dubay also does work on Gophers men's hockey games for FSN North but did not appear last weekend. He was off the KFAN airwaves for an extended period this summer.

Executives from the Clear Channel-owned station have had no comment about Dubay's job status. Allen did read a statement about his co-host on Monday morning that essentially expressed his support.

If the charges are filed against Dubay, the next step will be for a court date to be set. He likely will appear before a judge in the next few weeks in Ramsey County District Court.

"We will respond to the charges in due course," Kelly said. "There were multiple media outlet sources that got this story wrong and repeated it incorrectly. It was basically one source and that was somebody who had misread the Minnesota statute with regards what was put on the [Ramsey County] booking HSOforum."

He won't do any jail time if it's just a small amount of Coke.

Big difference in the Law and punishment going from "over" 6 Grams of Meth or precursory items to a small Cocaine possession charge.

Drug Court, probation with a stayed sentence and treatment would be my guess.

Since this is NOT his 1st rodeo as he has had treatment for this already, his radio days may be over or at least a lot of time b-4 he is back on. 1 year for sure.

I am sure KFAN is a little bit disappointed with Dubay and what he has done to the station.

I think PA better find a replacement.

G.C.

I would hate to see him loose his job over it. I think he fell on hard times. But business is what it is and they can't have a tarnished image. I think it would be better if he were allowed on to say what's going on. I think he would gain a lot of respect from that.

Man, I hope he can come back, and quick. I can only stand to listen to charch, gorg, and the likes before it gets boring. PA and Dubay together have a good broad knowledge of the four major sports, and 9 to noon is the best spot to get that fix in the day.

GET WELL PUFFY, FROM A CONCERNED LISTENER... AND THE HUSKIES WILL SHOW WHATS WHAT BY THE END OF THE YEAR smirk

Why in the world would someone try a drug in the first place?To much time on his hands , the ole boy should have tried fishing or hunting. ANYONE who tries a drug is a total looser ( no excuses folks)

another ignorant comment

If it had truly been 6 grams of meth, you would have never heard anything about it, unless he was unwilling to work with the police.

Hope he makes it back on the air soon!

Yes, it is a lot, much so a huge amount of time would be hanging over his head.

You would have never heard about it, because he would have turned evidence and did some buy and busts for the police. They would never make anything like this public, because he would have not been able to buy from his sources.

If he had a clean record, turned states evidence, it all would have been swept under the rug.

Popular Twin Cities radio host was charged on Wednesday with possession of cocaine. KFAN radio host Jeff Dubay was arrested on October 15th in Maplewood when he was seen throwing various items out a passenger window of a car.

Maplewood Police retrived a pipe and plastic baggie containing what was later determined to be .45 grams cocaine about 30 yards away from the vehicle.

According to the complaint, Dubay stated he loaned his truck to a crack dealer over the weekend and the "rock of crack" was left behind by the dealer.

Dubay did admit that the pipe belonged to him, though.

Dubay said he was in Maplewood to pay a drug debt of $200 and later admitted that he started using crack last year but put himself in treatment.

The arresting officer made the traffic stop because the registered owner of the car had a suspended driver's license. Prior to turning on the squad car lights is when Dubay was seen throwing items from the car.

After pulling over, Dubay admitted that his driver's license was suspended but denied throwing anything out the window, according to the criminal complaint.

The complaint also states that Dubay told officers, "this incident would ruin his life."

Dubay has co-hosted the "PA & Dubay show" with Paul Allen on KFAN-AM since 1998, but has not been on the air since his arrest.

Dubay is scheduled to make an initial appearance in Ramsey County District Court November 24th at the Law Enforcement Center.

Kare11.com report

Dubes hates WI sports and the fans....but I wish him well. Crack Cocaine is very serious, anyone who thinks it's no big deal is an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly!

As a sober drug addict for over 15 years now, and a self subscribed expert in Cocaine use, if you haven't tried or lived the life, the only fact you can state is that you don't know. Other than that, you are simply all stating opinions. So to call someone a loser is fine, I will accept the fact that I am and will always be a loser, but a loser who found a good path, straightend up and now am a loser in recovery I guess.

Face it guys, gals, losers, haters, goodie goodies, whatever you want to claim yourselves as, it happens, you likely know many people whom you respect who have done it. So don't be too quick to judge. Many people try to help, but when it comes to push and shove, the only person who can help Dubay is himself.

I know only partly what his life may be like, so I can't judge but we have run some of the very same circles. I work in radio and have for 15 years (got my first gig in radio when I was 5 months sober). Now I run a station. I did a lot of bad things to my body, my family, friends and most of all myself. There were people who put me in a trash bag and through me out, that is fine, but many stuck with me and are still believers today. But they knew they couldn't change my ways...... I had to do it, no matter what they wanted for me, it didn't mean that I wanteed it. I went to treatment twice, didn't matter, I really didn't want to sober up. I finally did June 5th 1993 on my terms, and it has stuck for my sake.

Dubay is only human, those of you who have never tried, or have never had a problem. I commend you. But I assure you if you would meet me on the street, you would never call me a loser. Now that I have told you my dirty little secret, you can, but only because you are vain. Live your life to the best of your ability. Only you can control that.

Signed,

Loser

Sorry, I had two pieces of copper in my pocket.