• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lowrance map card offer

delcecchi

Question

20 answers to this question

He's talking about the free lakemaster chip they are giving away when you buy certain models of fishfinders from them. I just sent mine in last week so I can't say how long it takes. The form has a number to call and a HSOforum to check on your rebate. It says to call them if you haven't received it in eight weeks. Only been about five for ya. But you can go to the HSOforum and see what the status is.

I sent mine in 6 weeks ago as well. I just recently received a confirmation e-mail linking me to the site that gives me my order status. Make sure you look at this and see that everything is correct. They had me down for Hot Spots South when I asked for Lake Master Minnesota...I haven't had the best customer service with lowrance so I hope it gets here before the end of the summer.

JimBuck, Funny you should mention that. I sent mine in as well and got a confirmation e-mail. It also had me down for the Hot Spots South when I had ordered a Hot Spots North. I sent them a e-mail back indicating that I didn't want or need a Hot Spots South card but have not heard back from them yet. We'll see what happens!

I got my chip yesterday. I think I sent in the order close to the opener. I went on-line to chekc the status last week and it said it found nothing with my information, so I thought I was over a barrel. Then, it shows up. I'm trying to read it on my computer but can't get it to read. I'm suppose to be able to do this, right?

You can't read them on your computer, in the old days it would erase your Nav chip if you tried to do that.

I've heard that you can download the emulator from Lowrance and then see the chip on the emulator screen, but I've never tried it myself.

I had the same problem. On my confirmation e-mail it said HotSpots South for the chip I ordered..... crazy After calling them and speaking to someone I was able to change it. I think the promotion is being handled by a separate company so customer satisfaction/service is out the window on this promotion....

Good luck,

-CB

Got my chip today. Yep, they sent me the Hotspots South. Go figure....

I called the 1800 number on my confimration e-mail they sent me last month and it was a recorded message about meeting hot single girls in my area. That went over real well with my wife smile

I called the 1866 number on the rebate form that I had made a copy of and after several attempts I was able to talk to a human. The lady I talked to was going to talk to the manager to see if anything can be done and to call them back in 10 business days if I don't here from them. So now I wait.

if you go onto the lowrance HSOforum, there are downloads for your units. not sure if does anything with the card. but I did buy a new unit in march, and I had to download in some updates already.

I ended up buying a 520c on the 4th of July and so i wanted to take advantage of the offer. the side of the coupon that you chose the map card states that the coupon has to be mailed by 08-07-08 but the small print on the other side states that it has to be post marked by 07-07-08. I mailed it today. 07-08-08. I hope they still honor the offer. but i guess it will be my fault if i missed the boat on this free offer.