• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Super Bowl Predictions

reinhard1

True character was shown today from the MVP.  The game is always great when you are winning.  He went right back to the whiny little baby that he has always been when he is losing.  Hopefully he had a tissue to DAB those tears (so glad I didnt have to see him do any dancing last night)

I'm glad the Broncos won, too. Wasn't too invested in either team but nice to see Manning (hopefully) go out on top.

Must say that Rivera was quite classy after the game. Answered some tough questions with a sideline reporter, gave credit where it was due, and accepted the defeat with class and dignity. Maybe if some of that rubbed off on his QB it wouldn't be all bad... That said, these guys are all highly competitive and everyone handles disappointment differently, I suppose. 

And Von Miller... Wow. Kid put on a clinic.

I wonder if we'll see Cam regress a little next season.  He's been a good QB over the past few years but we haven't see him play like he did this year.  Over his first 4 years he averaged 28 total TB's (20 pass, 8 rush), this year he blew those averages out of the water with 45 total (35 pass, 10 rush). 

Has Cam Newton finally arrived and we can expect similar numbers going forward or was this a fluke year and we'll see his production drop back down toward his career average meaning 17 fewer TD's next year?

While I don't mind the celebrations and his energy on the field he does need to learn to how to handle things when they aren't going his way.  That's probably part of why they lost last night.  He is not accustomed to facing adversity when it really matters.  He had it easy this year and was never really tested in any sort of meaningful way.  Once he was tested he couldn't handle the pressure. 

I couldn't believe he didn't dive on the fumble and then why did they punt?  Down 14 with two minutes left and you punt?  4th and 24 or whatever, who cares.  Throw a bomb, hope for interference or a miracle.  It's like pulling the goalie in hockey at that point.  Not to mention I was doing some math and the only way I was going to win our contest was a miracle... :)

This kid will be a long time living down his performance in front of the press conference. You wait,   it is going to haunt him for a long time.

Sloppy game. Boring. Commercials pretty much rubbish. I have watched all fifty Super Bowls and this one would rank neat the bottom.

Happy for Peyton though.  Now he can go fishing.

And he'd BETTER!!

More then likely Clam's numbers will regress because they had the easiest schedule in football this season, this will probably be his best season ever.

He's only having fun, smiling and mocking other teams when the competition is easy or they hold a big lead, when the competition is tough he folds. Everyone loves football and is having fun when they are winning, his true character was revealed when nothing was working and they lost the game after he took a beating.

I wouldn't of ever wanted to punt there either, it's too easy this day and age to draw a penalty to keep the drive alive. They were pretty much waiving the white flag at that point.

10 hours ago, Cooperman said:

Until Cam comes down to earth, and losses that attitude, he will never win anything.

Except a national championship, a Heisman, the #1 draft pick, Offensive rookie of the year, the NFC South division, and the NFC Championship game. ;)

Seems to me he's doing OK for himself at 26 years old.

I'm no Cam fan, I will give him 1 pass on bolting from the press conference deal after the game, barely. If you can tune in and listen to what he was hearing through the curtain I would've walked out also. However, if Cam won he woulda never left the press conference so actually no pass. But with the Denver guys obviously being loud through the curtain and ripping Cam over and over again I would've walked out, poor design where the press conferences took place but he would've show boated it up like no other. When you become bigger then life you have a free pass to act say and do whatever you want, watch a Trump interview.

It was a really poor set up for the interviews.  You'd think at the Super Bowl where they are doing a million interviews they'd have a little better set up or at least space the timing of the interviews better so that you aren't hearing multiple at a time.  Or at the very least give the head coaches and starting QB's their own time since they are who most people want to talk to anyways. 

Even in the best situation it has to be tough to give a decent interview when you are at your lowest point, having to hear an opponent bad mouthing you in another interview at the same time has to be really tough.  I still think Cam could have handled it better and maybe said something to acknowledge what was being said in the next interview stall.   

He obviously has some maturing to do while learning how to handle defeat.

I think everyone agrees he needs to learn how to handle the down side of the fame and living in the spot light, that is without questions.  However, he's also human and was put into a bad situation.  Even if he gave good answers to the questions the interview set up was still atrocious if you can hear other interviews going on over Newtons. 

Say.....speaking on entertainment and football and fun things for the family what did ya'll think of that half time show.  Uplifting? Inspiring? Colorful? Patriotic?

I heard from some of my pals (mostly bums and coffee slurpers)  that they weren't all that pleased and some of their "society folks" weren't happy either.

What?

I'm always indifferent about the halftime show.  It never really does much for me.  I just kept wondering why the dude from Coldplay had to sing while bending and crouching the entire time.  Is it a back problem or is he 5 days overdue for his morning poo?

coldplay.jpg

My nephew was one of the dancers there...he was (I hate to admit it) Justin Biebers head dancer/choreographer. He did the set up/choreography for the show. The music runs in the family.Although that's not my kind of music, it was OK.  No complaints, it's supposed to be entertainment, and a lot of work goes into it. The twirling daisies kinda looked like a 60's flashback, though. :grin:

Edited by RebelSS

On 2/8/2016 at 0:28 PM, Ufatz said:

Sloppy game. Boring. Commercials pretty much rubbish.

Couldn't agree more.

And the halftime show was a complete dumpster fire.  One of the worst I've seen.

For this being the "Big 5-0" which they've been hyping all season, the entire product was very forgettable. 

As far as the set-up for the post game interviews that had nothing to do with MVP being a tool. According to him anyway.....

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton admitted he's a "sore loser'' in defending how he handled himself with the media after Sunday's loss to Denver in Super Bowl 50.

The newly crowned league MVP walked out on reporters after answering only a handful of questions, mostly with short answers, following the 24-10 loss. He did so while wearing the hood of a black hoodie pulled over his head.

"I've been on record to say I'm a sore loser,'' Newton said Tuesday as players cleaned out their lockers. "Who likes to lose? You show me a good loser and I'm going to show you a loser. It's not a popularity contest. I'm here to win football games.''

Newton said if he offended anyone, "that's cool."

He added: "But I know who I am and I'm not about to conform nor bend for anybody's expectations because your or anybody else's expectations will never exceed mine."

I thought that game was pretty good, who don't like to see Clam getting smeared repeatedly and then pouting like a baby?

I suppose people that are in the camp that you need elite QB's going neck to neck in an offensive shootout it wouldn't be that great.

Half time show was horrid but that is pretty normal.