• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HANGING DEER

MCI

I guess I should have also added the fact that its going to be sunny and in the mid  to upper 40's where I'm hunting, so I guess I'm more concerned about it not getting very cold at night after a fairly warm sunny day.

Thanks for the input. We usually hang them from the swing set but with it forecasted to be sunny we will hang them in the wood shed to shade them from the sun.

Let the count down begin, I work Friday til noon and then it's off to area 247 thru Monday.

good luck to all and be safe.

Guy that used to process my deer said to split the chest open and keep it spread with a stick if its warm out. It lets the heat escape from the animal and not just stay in the chest cavity. The hot air rises deal.

Guy that used to process my deer said to split the chest open and keep it spread with a stick if its warm out. It lets the heat escape from the animal and not just stay in the chest cavity. The hot air rises deal.

a butcher that came to a MDHA event said to hang deer from a gambrel from back legs.  That keeps the heat from staying in the chest and there was something about gravity getting the blood out of the choice cuts, I can't remember that part as well.

Unfortunately most of us hang the deer from the head at deer camp, way easier.  Some just leave in truck...on that note don't drive home with your tailgate down or some other show off fashion.  I get it were proud but it can look bad to those that don't like hunting.