• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins drive for 90 losses...

greebs

I believe attendance is based off of Tickets sold, not butts in the seats. During some of those weekday games, I swear the two outfield upper decks look almost empty. On weekends they seem to fill up though.

And, the few people that are in those seats are mostly paying half price for their tickets. Have you checked out the "for sale" pages on Facebook lately? Full of deeply discounted Twins tickets. The "new" wore off the stadium fast when the product it is producing is putrid.

Buddy of mine buys his tickets from the scalpers when he goes to the games 3-5 times a year. Last game he was too not that long ago, he told me he got 2 tickets and fairly nice ones for $5 each. he did buy that at the last minute when they go for almost nothing.

Pretty cheap tickets to go to a game, but, pretty cheap team to watch.

The Twins are a garbage orginization.

Run by clueless people.

They are the laughing stock of MLB.

Maybe not, since Jim has taken over, the team makes money, guess that is all he is concerned about.

I see no changes unless the team starts to lose money.

have to remember, some owner are in it for the money and some are in it for the money and to win some also. Jim forgot about the winning and it shows but his profits are there so, no changes until the bottom line goes red.

I don't really believe getting rid of Gardy will change much, but I do think it's just time for a change. Granted Tony LaRussa wouldn't have won 80 games with this crew but sometimes new ideas, new ways of doing things are just needed. His way of doing things seems to have run its course and really isn't inspiring anyone anymore. There's no doubt we are in desperate need of a new pitching coach.

One thing that strikes me is how many guys get better when they leave the Twins and how few get better when they come to the Twins. Phil Hughes is maybe the only guy in the last 10 years who I could argue has had an "up year" when joining the Twins mid-career.

I know we are already on the same side as far as replacing mgr and staff but disagree that it is a given that no other mgr would do better with this roster. I'd argue that a good manager the past 4 seasons could have had this team back to .500 or better ball by now. good chance that the roster would look a little different too had a top mgr been in charge last 4 seasons. some of those many players who started playing much better after moving to a different team likely would still be here and producing under a better coaching staff.

quote=UMC]I don't really believe getting rid of Gardy will change much, but I do think it's just time for a change. Granted Tony LaRussa wouldn't have won 80 games with this crew but sometimes new ideas, new ways of doing things are just needed. His way of doing things seems to have run its course and really isn't inspiring anyone anymore. There's no doubt we are in desperate need of a new pitching coach.

One thing that strikes me is how many guys get better when they leave the Twins and how few get better when they come to the Twins. Phil Hughes is maybe the only guy in the last 10 years who I could argue has had an "up year" when joining the Twins mid-career.

Quote:
I'd argue that a good manager the past 4 seasons could have had this team back to .500

I do get you are past wits end like a lot of Twins fans are.

So we can let slide a couple 2-3 Preposterously absurd deductions like the one above.

Molitor isnt ready I hope they go, when the time is right, with a coach with actual coaching experience.

Hog pile on Pier!.. grin

Surprised it was that high...I would guess Ryan's would be even lower!! I have been saying it for years "Fire Gardy!!!" Good guy but we need change in the organization and that starts with Ryan and includes Gardy!!

Caught the end of tonites game. After tigers won bremer was talking about "another championship" for the tigers. Get so tired of anyone with this organization and how they consider winning the division a huge deal. I highly doubt the tiger organization is content with a division "championship".

Bummer, the Twins hit 70 wins. Now the owners can say, "Look, we hit 70 wins, what an improvement this Year! Another on the cheap player here and one there and we'll be set for 2015." We'll see I guess. Maybe they will surprise us and spend some money, but I

m not holding my breath.

Dang. I missed my prediction by one game. They were better than I expected.

So with Gardy gone, how many of the other Twins coaches will be gone as well?

I blame the front office more than Gardy for the position the twins are in.