• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 Waterfowl Photos

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quack way to stack them up!!! You must know Cory???? Lots of DRC?? He used to hunt with us up around Warroad.... We have managed to stack up 227 so far this year with 3 bands kinda low band count considering the area. To all of you guys who wonder what we do with hundreds of geese. I personally smoke 75% of mine, best way to use them up. I usually give away most of them to the farmers along with walleye, and eat the rest. Once its processed "SMOKED, CANED, JERKEY...." no longer part of your possesion limit.

Quack way to stack them up!!! You must know Cory???? Lots of DRC?? He used to hunt with us up around Warroad.... We have managed to stack up 227 so far this year with 3 bands kinda low band count considering the area. To all of you guys who wonder what we do with hundreds of geese. I personally smoke 75% of mine, best way to use them up. I usually give away most of them to the farmers along with walleye, and eat the rest. Once its processed "SMOKED, CANED, JERKEY...." no longer part of your possesion limit.

I hope you are not over your posession limit grin I'll have to try the smoked goose, never tried that. But boy, you guys have shot a ton of geese lol, keep whackin' and stackin'!

Yea I know Cory and he did hunt around Warroad quite a bit in the past years.

Yea quack Cory hunted with us 65% of the time when he was up here. You might remember the War Wagon pics of us with the Polaris ranger with mat tracks!! It was a sweet rig. We failed to get our limit for the first time this year today. We had a freshly swated barley field this morning Yea Barley.. really late up here with some of the crops. managed 13 for 2 guys and 2 kids shooting 410's we would let the geese land so they could ground pound them. lol not very sporting but at 7 and 9 years old who cares. We got our 10 but the little ones struggled lots of shooting and lol!!!!

Walleyeswest- I remember that rig! Way to get the youths out today...some of us and Cory will be taking out a few youths tomorrow morning in a public plowed wheat field that is holding good #'s of ducks.

I was out this morning with one other and shot 10 plus a band as well. Pics to come later in week!

Hunted on Friday morning and shot our limit plus a band

IMG_0786.jpg

Saturday morning some of us took youths out for duck hunting, hunted geese in the evening shot 5 more.

This morning shot 25 more for 4 guys, 1 gal and 2 bands. No pictures, I was having some difficulties with my camera so I'll try to get some pics from the guys I hunted with today. Looking forward to Waterfowl Opener- the Ducks are thick!

Hey Quack keep up the good work and hope to someday join you on a hunt. You guys really got it down and what ever you do dont stop cause I for one love to see all the pics and stories that go along with the hunt. early goose season was implimented for thinning the flock and you guys are or seem to do a great job of it.

I don't have any pictures to share but we ended the season with 10 more birds this past weekend. Total for the early goose season for our group is 41 birds.

Headed to Saskatchewan Friday morning. I am trying to get the knots out of my stomach. We are going to a new area and I am nervous to say the least. Just talked with the hotel we are staying at and they are seeinf lots of birds.

I'll post again when I return.