• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 Waterfowl Photos

Hey Quack, what the heck do you guys do with all those birds you shoot every day?? I cant beleive you live only duck and goose.

I can't tell if its sarcasm or whatsoever but I'll go with it... I wonder why I did not get any of these comments last year, this is like the 5th time now.

Ever tried marinated duck breast with bacon wrapped around it on the grill? MMMM great tasting, kinda tastes like vension steaks that I've had in the past. How bout Goose alfredo pasta? Or Goose brats? That's how I cook my birds most of the time...I ask the guys I hunt with what they do with theirs, they say they eat them- mostly Jerky, brats, and give them away to friends/families.

I don't hunt everyday, I have a job as well.

I live for waterfowling, yes it's my passion and I love everything that relates to it. Is that a bad thing? Some others live for deer hunting, pheasants, grouse, fishing- walleyes, panfish, muskies/pike, even sewing or knitting.

Plus this is a photo sharing thread, not a "what do you do with your meat" thread.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Quack, what the heck do you guys do with all those birds you shoot every day?? I cant beleive you live only duck and goose.

leave the young guy alone and worry about putting ducks and geese in the bag everyday you can... you guys that make comments like that drive me freakin nuts...

my best guess is that there is about 30,000-50,000 geese within 50 miles of Mankato, Mn and a great number of the are small geese. Get on any body of water and set some deeks blow your call and you to can have 300 lessers tornado into your spread!!!

All you have to do is scout! wink

Originally Posted By: Spearing Machine

I can't tell if its sarcasm or whatsoever but I'll go with it... I wonder why I did not get any of these comments last year, this is like the 5th time now.

Ever tried marinated duck breast with bacon wrapped around it on the grill? MMMM great tasting, kinda tastes like vension steaks that I've had in the past. How bout Goose alfredo pasta? Or Goose brats? That's how I cook my birds most of the time...I ask the guys I hunt with what they do with theirs, they say they eat them- mostly Jerky, brats, and give them away to friends/families.

I don't hunt everyday, I have a job as well.

I live for waterfowling, yes it's my passion and I love everything that relates to it. Is that a bad thing? Some others live for deer hunting, pheasants, grouse, fishing- walleyes, panfish, muskies/pike, even sewing or knitting.

Plus this is a photo sharing thread, not a "what do you do with your meat" thread.

I had Bacon wrapped mallard monday night!! MMM MMM GOod!!

Not to add insult to injury, but I got a good laugh out of that pic of your truck tires. I can't even imagine how many hours and quarters I spent with a power washer on the wheels of the ol' Nissan!! laugh

They are 20" wheels so you can imagine the volume of mud they can hold. I managed to clean them out with a hose and a snow scraper. Although when I made it back home it took around $20 in quarters at the St. Michael auto showers to clean the mud off, and it is still falling off as we speak.

Originally Posted By: norwall
Simple answer - you carry your decoys out to the field !! You better have had permission to drive out into that muddy field (posted or unposted) or you may have ruined access for everyone in the future.

Why assume the worst.....:(

In his photo he says WHEN YOU GET INTO A FIELD

Because in ND you can hunt unposted land ... if you access a muddy field and make a mess ... you ruin it for everyone becuase posted or unposted the land may become off limits to hunters. I was in NoDak last week and never picked up mud like that. No way was that from a field approach...

Hunters visiting NoDak stay out of the fields and tread softly on minimum maint. roads and trails. NoDak will probably freeze up before it dries out.

Some of that mud was from accessing a cut hay field earlier in the day, the rest came from crossing a turned field to access a water hunting spot. The landowner said ti was perfectly ok to cross the field, actually going back to the spot the next afternoon you could barely tell a truck had crossed the field.

My brother (cutter08) and i were at it hard this weekend and didn't do to bad. Saw a lot more birds than we have in the past couple of weeks.

One of the many reasons i love waterfowl hunting, a great sun rise.

[img:center]2009_10_24_2160.jpg

My brother and his dog Cutter with the five we shot on Saturday.

[img:center]2009_10_24_2196.jpg

Me and my dog Dakota with the 8 we shot this morning. The Bufflehead I'm holding is Dakota's first retrieve.

[img:center]2009_10_25_2223.jpg