• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NFC North Predictions

Badger

Packers 10-6

Vikings 10-6

Bears 9-7

Lions 4-12

Packers win the division! wink

There's no F in Way 3 teams finish above .500 in the NFC North. We all have to play Bmore and Pitt. So what, they all go 4-2 in the division, splitting against each other and sweeping the lions?

Bears defense is going to give them problems. Chili will give us problems, and the pack needs to stay healthier than last year. But I think 10 wins is a big jump.

But I've been wrong before.

Bears 11-5 Lose in Super Bowl via Cutler interception, still love the trade! Wait till next year.

Queens 9-7 Farve makes it 5 games before going down with injury

Cheeseheads 9-7 maybe 8-8, just to hear them whine about Farve

Lions 4-12 But does anybody really care about the Lions?

Guess I don't see a combined 29 wins out of the top three North teams.

Vikes 11-5

Pack 9-7

Bears 7-9

Lions 3-13

Cutler has some great skills, but his mouth has already gotten him in trouble with Hester. Which reminds me. I wonder how many times Kluwe will send those punts WAY out of bounds when we play the Bears?

Originally Posted By: Badger
Packers 10-6

Vikings 10-6

Bears 9-7

Lions 4-12

funniest thing I have heard in 13 days. I know, I keep track in my "blog"

Come on Zambo make a prediction! smile

Any branch of service that has a rear admiral in charge of a bunch of seaman, just isn't right.

Now that's funny! smile

Packers 10-6

Vikings 10-6

Bears 9-7

Lions 4-12

Packers should be tough but have many questions to answer and it is yet to be seen if they have answered those. The Vikes had one question (QB) and it has been answered. The Pack may win the division but I wouldn't lay that bet down today. As it sits today I think it will be a very tough division to win with potentially 3 teams in double digits due mainly to improvements and easy schedules. Packers will lead early due to schedule set up but have a very tough schedule to finish the season.

Vikes 11-5

Bears 10-6

Pack 10-6

Lions 3-13

Have to agree with Fishguy......Packers defense is still a huge question mark. Moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4? Whole new system to work the kinks out of and how much upgrading did they actually do to the postions? They couldn't stop the run last year. If they are to win the division, #12 is going to have to play a lot better than he did last season. Just don't see it happening. Vikings take the division again. Maybe next year the Pack will be back.

Vikings 12-4

Bears 9-7

Packers 8-8

Lions 6-10

Vikings lose to the Giants in the NFC Championship game!

Have to agree with Fishguy......Packers defense is still a huge question mark. Moving from a 4-3 to a 3-4? Whole new system to work the kinks out of and how much upgrading did they actually do to the postions? They couldn't stop the run last year. If they are to win the division, #12 is going to have to play a lot better than he did last season. Just don't see it happening. Vikings take the division again. Maybe next year the Pack will be back.

Vikings 12-4

Bears 9-7

Packers 8-8

Lions 6-10

Vikings lose to the Giants in the NFC Championship game!

The Pack had a lot of key injuries on defense last year, (yah I know every team has injuries blah blah blah...), but they played many games without key starters. They drafted two studs (Raji and Mathews), who should have an immediate impact on defense.

What didn't you like about Rodgers last year? It was his first year as a starter, and he ranked 4th in the NFL. 28tds 13int over 4000 yds and no INT's in the redzone.

As good as AP was last year, he had the most fumbles. Guess who had the most interceptions..... #4 wink

I would have to say that Rogers is the best QB in the North. I'd take him on the vikes anyday. But the QB alone isn't going to win you squat!!! Look at Marino! It's simple, the pack just don't have the WHOLE PACKAGE, like the vikings do.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it badger!

Badger,

I think Rodgers played well last year but that obviously was not enough. Yes you had injuries and yes, everyone had injuries, but if injuries were the main problem they would not have fired the staff they fired, nor would they have completely revamped their scheme on that side of the ball.

As far as Raji and Matthews, I ask this, who doesn't think their first rounders are studs at this point. Time will tell whether they are the real deal or not.

Badger,

I think Rodgers played well last year but that obviously was not enough. Yes you had injuries and yes, everyone had injuries, but if injuries were the main problem they would not have fired the staff they fired, nor would they have completely revamped their scheme on that side of the ball.

As far as Raji and Matthews, I ask this, who doesn't think their first rounders are studs at this point. Time will tell whether they are the real deal or not.

I was just responding to Musky18's post regarding what did the Pack do to improve their defense....new coaches,draft picks and healthy veterans should help. Yes, many 1st rounders don't pan out (have to wait and see). His comments about Rodgers were ridiculous. The Pack has a lot of weapons on offense. If the defense can improve, they have a good shot of turning some of those 7 losses (by 4 points or less last year) into wins. Do you think the Vikings will make any coaching changes if they don't go deep into the playoffs this year? Then there's that search for another starting QB!

Looking forward to the season! smile

It should be a very interesting season. If all the Vikes, GB and Chicago, live up to their potential there will be a very good team in 3rd place. I think one thing is certain, this rivalry will will get intesified this year. Two good teams, one aging QB looking to take his new team to the promised land and millions of cheeseheads hoping their former idol fails, at least a little bit. Should be fun and possibly painful.

I must admit Fish, I'm a bit concerned about you thinking our Division is going to win 35 games this year.

I don't see how anybody can write off any of the top 3 teams in our division as far as winning the division. This is the NFL and season's are won or lost on the bounce of the ball "luck".

Should be a fun one.. see-ya Friday Night at the Dome boys!

Go Vikes!

I must admit Fish, I'm a bit concerned about you thinking our Division is going to win 35 games this year.

I don't see how anybody can write off any of the top 3 teams in our division as far as winning the division. This is the NFL and season's are won or lost on the bounce of the ball "luck".

Should be a fun one.. see-ya Friday Night at the Dome boys!

Go Vikes!

I agree. It does seem like a awful lot of wins for our division (it was 34 by the way grin) but I did go through each schedule game by game to come up with that. Look at it this way. If Farve is good for two more wins that TJack and Ferotte, I am on with the Vikes. If Cutler is good for just one win in Chicago, I am on with the Bears pick. If Detroit just wins 3 games, I am on with them and they do have a couple of winnable games against teams that might be as bad as they were last year. The big question is am I giving the Pack too much credit given the questions they have, but if a healthy defense and a better record in close games is worth anything to them, I won't be far off. I don't think the teams in our division are that solid but the schedules set up nicely some deceiving records.