• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's Time for Gardenhire to go!!!!!

bassislife

Quote:
Do you really think putting Nathan in most of the season with the game tied in the 9th is great Coaching??

Actually I do. If you haven't noticed, almost everytime he puts Nathan in when the game is tied they are the home team. The home team gets the last at bat. Meaning if the Twins take the lead in the bottom of the 9th on the game is over. There would be nothing left for Nathan to save. So, I guess if you are trying to preserve a tie in order to play for one run in the bottom of the 9th it would be a excellent move to put your best pitcher in the game to ensure the tie continues to the bottom half of the inning. Very common practice.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to know either. To me, a Twinkie is, well a Hostess Twinkie and they are darn good with milk!

Bassilife at first I thought you were a bit "joke" but you seriously believe the ignorance that you are posting.. Keep up the good work my friend! LOL!

Bassilife at first I thought you were a bit "joke" but you seriously believe the ignorance that you are posting.. Keep up the good work my friend! LOL!

Your first mistake.. trying to think!! Keep up the good work my friend!

Now lets get serious boys! I really think Gardy is the best answer to this team! Lets keep him around another 10 years, I'm sure we will win 5-6 division championships!!

Disagree, remember the [PoorWordUsage] Kelly got stuck with! Gardy has alot more talent than TK. Short memories.

Tk's record...

Managerial record

Team Year Regular Season Post Season

Games Won Lost Win % Finish Won Lost Win % Result

MIN 1986 23 12 11 .522 6th - AL West - - - -

MIN 1987 162 85 77 .525 1st - AL West 8 4 .667 Won ALCS vs. Detroit

Won World Series vs. St. Louis

MIN 1988 162 91 71 .562 2nd - AL West - - - -

MIN 1989 162 80 82 .494 5th - AL West - - - -

MIN 1990 162 74 88 .457 7th - AL West - - - -

MIN 1991 162 95 67 .586 1st - AL West 8 4 .667 Won ALCS vs. Toronto

Won World Series vs. Atlanta

MIN 1992 162 90 72 .556 2nd - AL West - - - -

MIN 1993 162 71 91 .438 6th - AL West - - - -

MIN 1994 113 53 60 .469 4th - AL Central - - - -

MIN 1995 144 56 88 .389 5th - AL Central - - - -

MIN 1996 162 78 84 .481 4th - AL Central - - - -

MIN 1997 162 68 94 .420 4th - AL Central - - - -

MIN 1998 162 70 92 .432 4th - AL Central - - - -

MIN 1999 162 63 97 .394 5th - AL Central - - - -

MIN 2000 162 69 93 .426 5th - AL Central - - - -

MIN 2001 162 85 77 .525 2nd - AL Central - - - -

Total 2,386 1,140 1,244 .478 16 8 .667

I liked TK as a manager. Gardy has good qualities also.

Change in time??? If our division didn't suck so bad, we would have been 10-games out! How did you like the call bringing in Nathan in the detroit series to face Granderson in the 9th only to watch him hammer a homer and the 2-prior at bats with Nathan he got a triple and a home run! To replace Guerria that was awesome in the 8th????

How did you like the call bringing in Nathan in the New York series and leaving him in for 1 1/2 innings, after he got beat up, and looking like he wanted to hide behind the dougout after the first 2 batters?

How did you like Gardy's call bringing "Nervous Nellie Nathan" back into game 3 of the NY Series with bases loaded and giving up 2- hits to the first 2- batters.

Great Coaching!

That a boy Gardy!! You should get Manager of the year!!!!

Just lucky he's coaching in a very lame division. The St.Cloud River Bats would give our Division a run for its money!!

Oh by the way... Scottie Ullger is a great sidekick also!!

i thought this post died, i dont know why i'm bothering but here goes, gardy will finish in the top 2-3 for manager of the year. lots of injuries and did a great job keeping the twins in it. any fool would know the reason morales isnt up in the bigs is he gets to catch every day and not watch mauer every day. duh! nathan's record speaks for itself.

Being a Twins fan I'll admit that I'm biased. More importantly, however, is I'm a fan of the game of baseball. From a coach/manager standpoint you take the players you're given and maximize their talents. I remember an interview where Gardy said, "I have a bunch of real ballplayers here." Yeah, the Twins acquire a lot of potential and work it in AAA, we all know that. The thing that makes Gardy good is he knows how to take a bunch of pretty good ball players and make them hard chargin ballers, every game, and not a bunch of Randy Moss's "I play when I want to play" kind of guys. There are only a handful of managers out there that have that talent. Fire Gardy????? Worst move the Twins can make. I guess I'd rather watch a bunch of hard charges go 3 and out than a bunch of prima-donnas on a bought team.

Sounds corney but I'm in it for the love of the game.