• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Halladay available

UdeLakeTom

I think it would cost more then the Twins would be willing to give. They are a couple pieces away from being champs, so it wouldn't make sense to trade away the future to one player which wouldnt get us any further any how. JMO

They say the Phillies could have a real good chance of putting together a package to get him. Halladay is going to be a free agent after this season anyways so the idea for the twins to give up prospects for him is insane.

I can't fish well, so I'm turning my attention to playing devil's advocate. I wouldn't say giving up prospects for Hallady would be insane. He could very well be the piece that would get us to the World Series. If we took the chance, and it got us another World Series berth, we could look back in 3 months and say it was worth it.

But there's no way the Twins will put together a package to land him. Plus, Toronto's GM clarified his comments that he would "listen to offers," not that he's actively shopping him.

I'll stick to our Premier Professional Sports business model and say NO to overpaying for a supposed Star player. The Farm system and our money management have made the Twins the envy of ALL sports teams!

I can't believe we're in contention again this year the way we do things around here...LMAO!

Go Pohlad Go Twins!!!!!!

I can't fish well, so I'm turning my attention to playing devil's advocate. I wouldn't say giving up prospects for Hallady would be insane. He could very well be the piece that would get us to the World Series. If we took the chance, and it got us another World Series berth, we could look back in 3 months and say it was worth it.

But there's no way the Twins will put together a package to land him. Plus, Toronto's GM clarified his comments that he would "listen to offers," not that he's actively shopping him.

he pitches one-two days a week, who will win the other 4-5 games a week?

That would depend on who we had to give up. Toronto has a lot of young pitchers, so we may not need to give up one of our starters.

If we didn't, our bullpen could also be strengthened by moving Liriano or Perkins to the pen.

This rotation would look pretty good:

Hallady 10-2 2.79 ERA

Slowey 10-3 4.86 ERA

Blackburn 7-4 2.94 ERA

Baker 6-7 5.31 ERA

Perkins 4-4 4.38 ERA

Look what the Mets gave up to get Johan... I would give Toronto the exact same players we got Gogo, Humber, etc. etc.. Pay Halladay $22 mill a year and hopefully get to the World Series.

would love to have him but have to think it would take too much to get him. A pitcher like that would be huge in a potential 7 game playoff series but of course you have to get there first. I'd think they'd want one of our starting pitchers and another key player such as Span and don't think that would be good idea.

The fact that to be in a race makes people happy and giddy versus the fact we could win this division/playoff if we would spend some money. I can't stand the "oh we are a small market team playing our butts off mentality". It comes from the manager and staff. The Punto's, Cuddy's, Redman, thats what people want around here, average to below average players but it is the twins way. Just a cop out on always just doing e

nough. Would Halladay be a good fit here, yes, but realistic? People seem to be content with having a average team.

He would be an awesome addition to the team... but has to come wiht too high of a price tag. The twins are gonna have to cough up some cash to keep Joe behind the plate... I dont think they are in a position to spend it on Halladay.. although it would be SWEET if they did.

I'll definitely agree with you that the front office has been too successful at selling the small market mentality to fans. The Twin Cities is something like the 13-15 media market in the country, but we're ranked 24 out of 30 teams in MLB payroll. Here's a link to team payrolls, it's interesting how Detroit and even Cleveland are way ahead of us in payroll.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/salaries

I'll also agree that we should have better starters than Punto. But Cuddy is putting together a pretty solid year. He's on pace for 30HR and 90+ RBI. I don't think too many teams would expect more out of their right fielder. Can't have all-stars at every position.

He (cuddy) is having a nice season on paper when you look at the overall stats. But at the same time he is very frustrating to me as he never seems to come through when the pressure is on. It seems that two things need to happen for him to be a reliable bat in the lineup. First of all the game needs to be in the dome and secondly, there needs to be nobody on base. His stats when those to factors are involved are very good but those numbers drop significantly when there are runners on base or it's an away game and if you combine both of those factors, it drops even further.

The first two games of this yankee series are classic examples. He gets the hr the first game when the bases are empty in a basically non-pressure at bat situation and then last night where a hit with the bases loaded would have been huge and he strikes out in one of the most pathetic looking at bats I've ever witnessed.

I still think he belongs on this team and is their 2nd best overall outfielder behind span but from an offensive standpoint, he really shouldn't be batting #3, 4, or 5 in the lineup like he has been most of the year because those spots should be reserved for the better clutch hitters. He's probably ideally about a #7 hitter in the lineup on most contending teams and I wish the twins had a couple other players that could take over for cuddy so he could move down in the lineup to a less pressure spot in the lineup where I think he'd do well at.

I agree with most of what you said greebs cept, "the 2nd best outfielder". He has limited range and everyone brags up his arm, but I would take diving catches for an out, rather then a 1 bounce and quick throw in.

Cuddyer's Career overall numbers are:

BA - .269

OBP - .345

SLG - .449

OPS - .794

Cuddyer's Career RISP #'s are:

BA - .278

OBP - .381

SLG - .447

OPS - .828

His career numbers with the bases loaded are:

BA - .278

OBP - .353

Slug - .542

OPS - .895

With runners in scoring position Cuddyer's numbers for avg, on base, and OPS actually go up with his slugging remaining about the same. I would say he is actually a slightly better hitter when runners are in scoring position. That being said, his average with RISP this year is .243 with half a season to go.

Cuddyer's Career overall numbers are:

BA - .269

OBP - .345

SLG - .449

OPS - .794

Cuddyer's Career RISP #'s are:

BA - .278

OBP - .381

SLG - .447

OPS - .828

His career numbers with the bases loaded are:

BA - .278

OBP - .353

Slug - .542

OPS - .895

With runners in scoring position Cuddyer's numbers for avg, on base, and OPS actually go up with his slugging remaining about the same. I would say he is actually a slightly better hitter when runners are in scoring position. That being said, his average with RISP this year is .243 with half a season to go.

That's what makes him so frustrating to me. He's having a relatively good season when you look at his all around stats and he's been a decent hitter in prior years in situations where the hit is crucial so why the huge dropoff this year when we need him to come through? And why the big dropoff when he plays anywhere other than the dome?