• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 King of the Cats Contest

DTro

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot get ANY Catfish AT ALL to bite. I would definitely have to say the bite is not on down in Kato. All I have caught this year are Sturgeon and Redhorse. Lately now that the water temp is 55 degrees I have been using cutbait and live bait instead of just crawlers with no luck at all.

I have seen Cats surfacing, just small ones, but I know they are out and about just not feeding yet.

Catching sturgies down there on the Minnesota? That's cool. Shovelnose or lakers? I saw a dead one floating by the Harriet island docks in St. Paul. Even though it was dead, I took it as a good sign that maybe the water quality might be improving enough that they spread more in Pool 2 and the Minnesota here by the cities.

Quote:
I cannot get ANY Catfish AT ALL to bite. I would definitely have to say the bite is not on down in Kato.

Sounds like you just need to find a different spot.

If I were a bettin' man, someone is catching flatheads down there right now.

Originally Posted By: Lowblazah
Quote:
I cannot get ANY Catfish AT ALL to bite. I would definitely have to say the bite is not on down in Kato.

Sounds like you just need to find a different spot.

If I were a bettin' man, someone is catching flatheads down there right now.

Your bet would be correct!

Catching sturgies down there on the Minnesota? That's cool. Shovelnose or lakers? I saw a dead one floating by the Harriet island docks in St. Paul. Even though it was dead, I took it as a good sign that maybe the water quality might be improving enough that they spread more in Pool 2 and the Minnesota here by the cities.

I wish there were Lakers in the Minnesota, but we are stuck to just Shovelnose down here. I think back in the day there was a Sturgeon population in this river.

WWG and I finally stuck a hook in a couple of channels that were entry worthy.

I'm going to go out on a limb right now and say that one guy has already locked up a spot in the top five and it's not even May.

Biggest MN river channel cat I've ever seen!

Haha enjoy the leaderboard while you can Nick because you won't see it after this! Just kiddin' buddy congrats but hopefully we can catch some big girls early May and put some points up.
Haha ain't that a fact brotha ... I have a feeling Darren will have more than just 8 points on me very soon ... but for the time being, I can just hit print screen and bask in the (temporary) glory of second place wink haha

Oh I forgot, this little Flat was pulled out on a 6/0 Gamakatsu Octo-Circle tipped with a nice fat chunk of Sucker. Anyone able to find Chub yet? I'll be darned if we can turn up any near Kato yet ...

Edit: Might as well throw a picture of that little flat on here ....nickflat.jpg

Hey, the big 9000 grin Congrates Dtro.

Bullheads are running pretty strong up this way. I have about 40 for the bait tank to pick up after work, that where picked fresh yesterday.

Some nice suckers are running up this way now also wink Trying to see how long I can keep some big ones alive.