• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Photo Gallery

Team Otter

Nice Sauger there! Here's a couple of walleye pics from our Mermorial weekend at the lake. First one is a 23 incher that my 6 year old caught, her first also. Caught on a silver Fickr Shad. She was really excited about it. Second is a 17 incher that was my first walleye of the year, hand tied spinner rig with leech. Crappies moved in around or dock too, so that was fun. Great weekend all around!

mermorial2010036.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mermorial2010095.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

a trip to Rainy over the weekend produced some pretty nice fish

P5291879.JPG

Brother-in-Law with a nice eye

P5281857.JPG

My new PB walleye at a chunky 27+

P5291880.JPG

A look at the business end of a big boy

P5291881.JPG

My old man even got in on the action

P5291884.JPG

Pretty cool tagged fish our faithful guide landed

P5291873.JPG

is a 29.5 walleye common? are these found way north, not looking for spots but just curious? i was pretty excited last year with the 25 that i caught in leech. could not imagine a near 30 . nice fish

28" + fish are not that common, most folks consider everything over a 28" walleye a "trophy". Certain lakes do better than others as far as size goes! The 25" fish you caught is also a great fish, not too many people even catch one that big.

Here's a few fish from Memorial. Nothing huge, but some real nice fish for the lake we were fishing. It's the lake I grew up on, spent the first 18 years of my life out there. My dad was real bummed, he lost his 30" hog right at the boat. He still hasn't broken the 28" mark, he was in shock when it got off!

Dad with a nice 25"er

1276028768.jpg

My sister's first walleye in years, she just started getting back into fishing the last couple of years.

1276028725.jpg

My son's first walleye! I know, it's a little 12"er, but there was no way I was throwing it back!!

1276028734.jpg

And she tops off the weekend with a real nice 25" fish

1276028736.jpg

The finished product.

1276028714.jpg