• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how many shoot year round?

mnguy152

Brainerd Archery Club used to have some good indoor 3-D shoots one weekend a month all winter that I would go to. They had it at the roller skate rink but now that is becoming a VA hospital so I am assuming those shoots are cancelled. Kinda sucks becaues it was nice to bust out the bow once a month until spring. During spring and summer I am shooting probably 4-5 times a week.

I'm starting an indoor animal league at Chilakoot Bowhunters this week. smile Summer league starts in May and runs through August. I also shoot several 3D shoots during the summer. It seems during the hunting season is the only time I don't shoot much. frown

I don't enjoy tourneys or competitive shooting, but I shoot year around. I usually take the month of Jan off for the most part. However, I'll shoot 1-3 times per week otherwise. I'm lucky because the archery club is 5 minutes from my work, so I do a lot of shooting lunches.

I take a little time off after deer season to concentrate on ice fishing. I like to shoot atleast 3-4 days a week and take in a 3D shoot every weekend in the summer. My wife cannot wait for them to start this year, I bought her a bow last year and she really likes the 3D's.

I wish I had a partner to shoot indoor around fargo. Otherwise I shoot in my basement. You guys must have big basements mine's 9 yds wall to wall but it's 12 if i go entry way down the stairs to the back of the basement. Scared my roommate the other day when we went to see what I was doing cause I had the closest room to me blocked off.

I joined one of the ranges in Fargo that is close to work and shoot 2-3 times a week. I enjoy the lunch time shooting and it is a great way to break up a tough day. This is the first time I have done any shooting in the off season. I have yet to shoot any league or 3D shoots but I have been thinking about giving it a try.

Code, I joined Lake Agassiz not knowing anyone and everyone I have met there has been very friendly. I try to introduce myself to any new face and have met quite a few people. It doesn't take long to not feel like the new guy. Scoot showed me the place and I have been very pleased with everything and just knowing that there are people around to help out if you have any questions or problems is nice.

Year round outside.

I am one of those guys that shoots a silly stick and string with no sights so I need to stay in tune with the whole deal or you will lose connection or "un become the arrow" wink

Plus I like shooting in the sub zero cold, makes chilly fall nights a breeze...and it justifies to the locals I am a little off. crazy

I just got new bow last week. I have been shooting since about the first of the year 20-50 arrows every other day. In my basement I only have enough room to shoot 10 yds so it is very limited. I really just want to get my form down and get my arm in shape and keep it there. I really like to shoot. I don't know of any archery clubs that are close to me. I know there is on in Tracy and also one in Willmar but other then that they are a ways away. Tracy being the closest at 20 miles or so. If anyone knows of anything closer pm me I would like to join one.

I have to drive about 35 miles round trip this afternoon, in the "blizzard", to set up our Thursday night animal league.

Aaarrrgggg.

Sometimes I wish I didn't shoot year round. Days like this and the sweltering, buggy days in July and August make me wonder...

I used to shoot year round including winter leagues, regional and state tournaments...but in the last 8 years or so, as my shoulders started bothering me, I just take about 4 shots before I head out bear hunting for the first time and then an occasional practice shot here and there during deer season depending on where I'm setting up for the next hunt...works for me

I set up a target in the house and shoot 20 yarders from the livingroom, through the kitchen between the upper and lower cabinets, through the bedroom door accross the room into the closet. With no one around though, but my wife looks at me wierd when I am playing.