• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sorry not birds, but snowmobiles.

I haven't had much time to spend here or out shooting with the holidays and trying to get a new computer and monitor up to speed. I finally got Photoshop up and running everything calibrated so here are a couple of shots over the Christmas holiday. I did some similar shots last year but gee it sure is fun to do these.

I did kill one battery, got a four-wheeler stuck, broke one snowmobile all in one afternoon of shooting. Still was fun though.

#1 Your classic trail riding shot.

447020280_FbYJi-XL.jpg

#2 I just kind of liked the background and the disappearing snowmobile.

447020595_AuJDD-L.jpg

#3 Some airborne action.

447021045_8QjbG-L.jpg

#4 More air.

447021366_wLuWu-L.jpg

#5 A remote camera shot sequence from two angles. First landing.

447020952_aVfWP-XL.jpg

#6 Second camera just after landing.

447021131_Fa2ua-L.jpg

#7 The result from the second camera.

447021213_3m8gB-L.jpg

And to add one more shot along the discussion of shooting bursts in another thread. I am not a big proponent of shooting bursts with the exception of a 3 or 4 shot burst on occasion, no matter what I shoot, birds, athletes, or anything.

I just haven't had much success in shooting a long burst and getting the exact peak action I am looking for. Generally my first shot or maybe the second is the shot I want. I also find it difficult to track action when the shutter is constantly closing in my face.

Everyone has their own style, and to find that style try every possible method and see what works for you including shooting in bursts. A couple of the above shots are from 2 or 3 shot bursts. Here is one taken last week with just one shot. When things move this fast bursting does no good.

447190699_Vpa9Q-L.jpg

HOLY wipeout! Nice series! That would be fun to get during a snowfall as well. Hey, its only about 45 miles to the bog from Grand Rapids... I'm just sayin'.

You in town Tuesday the 6th or 13th? Wings.....

I doubt I will make it to the bog with the predicted weather and the fact I've got a couple of games to shoot Saturday. Would like to get over there and see it though! I am thinking I will make the 6th if that is the date.

Yeah, I used to have a 338SL back in the 70's and I got a heck of a deal on this one. I've also got a 74' Ski-doo Elan 250T. I kind of like the old stuff. You remember, snowmobile for 1/2 hour and fix for 2 hours. grin

Love that series. Birds shmirds, give me air and powder every time to get the blood pumping! gringrin

I also tool around on an old Yammie. A 1980 Exciter 440. Light as a feather and sooooo fast! Well, not as photogenic as yours, Dan, but a guy's gotta haul his ice fishing gear to lake trout heaven with what he's got. Not to mention on the rare occasions I get bogged, I can pick up the back end and move it over with one arm. gringrin

Love that series. Birds shmirds, give me air and powder every time to get the blood pumping! gringrin

I also tool around on an old Yammie. A 1980 Exciter 440. Light as a feather and sooooo fast! Well, not as photogenic as yours, Dan, but a guy's gotta haul his ice fishing gear to lake trout heaven with what he's got. Not to mention on the rare occasions I get bogged, I can pick up the back end and move it over with one arm. gringrin

You got to love those older much lighter sleds! I am not sure any of these older sleds are all that photgraphic but they are what they are...cheap transportation that is paid for!