• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deadliest Catch

bassNspear

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember trying to cover our camper with a 30x50 foot tarp in the fall time. Was so windy, it would have picked up 2 or 3 people right into the air if you would have held the corners. I put it on three straight years and had it tied up really tight. Every spring when I returned it had come off from the wind.

Now try to imagine doing this with a bigger tarp, in 32 degree water, in 20-30 foot seas, and with 40 knot winds?!? Absolutely one of the worst ideas I have ever heard about on that show. I hope no one gets hurt for that one. This is one situation where I don't think they over hyped it.

Lol Nice

Atleast your boat is bigger than the lisa marie, the tiny boat we saw during king crab!

Well it might be a touch bigger... grin As for the pots and wheels, crab seasons over. Its time to fish for Walleye and trout. I'd like to see some of those guys on the show fishing for real fish!! grin

I can't wait tell Tuesday to see what happened when that huge wave hit the Wizard. You know someone had to get knocked around a little off that one.

Oh yeah and I really think that has to be one of the stupidest moves on the show to date. Who in there right mind would try put up a tarp that size in those kind of conditions??? confused

WOW!!!!!!!! now that can't be fake. These guys got the you know what beat out of them. No telling who could replace Mouse but its a bad deal for sure. What about the new boat?? I forgot the name but dang!! those guys know how to fish. Nice... Like I said before, I'm hooked grin

Good to see Phil pulling in some good pots. I wonder why Murry quit??? seemed kind of sudden.

Incentive was the name of the new boat I believe. I liked that Captain a lot, he had some great sayings.

Too bad for Keith and the Wizard. He was beating himself up for it pretty bad. I'm sure he'll never overload like that again going into the ice pack. I remember his wife calling earlier in the season about how the bank account was empty from repairs. I suppose there is a lot of pressure to go out and catch your quota and return in 3-5 days. I've never seen a shiner so black as that one guy had. Ouch!

Do you suppose Murry got a captains job somewhere else, and that's why they didn't mention it? Or maybe Phil has plans for his two sons to transition to the wheel hosue?

According to the Cornelia Maries HSOforum, they still list Murray Gamrath as a current member of the crew. It does say he is working on opening a coffee shop in New Mexico, where he lives.

For what it is worth.

DD

Question gentleman, I watched last nite. How much money do they get for those 4 days. Is there a price per pound rate or is the number of crabs the key for payment.

I know the 1 boat spent 100,000 for repairs before starting out.

Why was this work not done sooner. I would think this would be done way before the season. Great show and very entertaining.It did make me hungry for crab legs also.

They were trying to avoid freeze up of the pods, and by putting on this specialized tarp, it would reduce the weight as the ice builds up. This would cause the ship to be harder to handle and top heavy. The question I had, why did they not put in on b-4 reaching the rough seas.

Yeah kinda odd they waited so long to try and put those tarps up there. Those guys really took a beating. Very lucky the that is as bad as they got. The other kid(on the Cornelia Marie)got SUPER lucky also. That rope could of taken him deep into the ocean. I also like that captain from the Incentive. Seems like he knows what is going on.

Question gentleman, I watched last nite. How much money do they get for those 4 days. Is there a price per pound rate or is the number of crabs the key for payment.

I know the 1 boat spent 100,000 for repairs before starting out.

Why was this work not done sooner. I would think this would be done way before the season. Great show and very entertaining.It did make me hungry for crab legs also.

Gary, most of them are out for 10 days to a couple of weeks easy. They get paid by the pound and the crew gets certain percent of that. I know some of those ships you can make 50k for the time out there. I think they just had the boat looked over before heading out since the captain just got back. Found more than they thought they needed to fix.

That had to be the biggest bone head thing I have ever seen on that show. Way to put lives at stake. He should never have taken that many pots out, even Phil said something when he saw them leaving port. I have no idea why they didn't put that on before they left if they were going to use it. But yea, that crew is beat up and the ones that weren't hurt to bad were pretty PO'd.

That had to be the biggest bone head thing I have ever seen on that show. Way to put lives at stake. He should never have taken that many pots out, even Phil said something when he saw them leaving port. I have no idea why they didn't put that on before they left if they were going to use it. But yea, that crew is beat up and the ones that weren't hurt to bad were pretty PO'd.

Yeah and not to mention all the lost time?? Almost reminds me of fishing with my two boys and one needing to go home for a mama brake LOL. And yeah why didn't they put up the tarp right away??? Seems like its a little Odd.

Thanks Sandmannd, I will tell, it makes you appreciate the Crab Legs even more after watching. It also makes me very hungry for some crab legs and this weekend I am going searching.
Make sure you get them pots in the right area, and make sure them bait bags are full. wink