• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deadliest Catch

bassNspear

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there goes another season of Deadliest Catch. Still entertaining to me, though not nearly what the show was 3-5 years ago.

Looks like the NW will be okay with out Edgar. Would of course be a promo gig if he returned in the next year or two. Although the fireworks between NW and Time Bandit was clearly staged (why else would they each have had so many?), it was still cool to see.

Keith should pay Freddie a little extra to diffuse all the tension on his boat. Mohawks worked and got everyone fired up. All boats caught crab well though on the last episode. Weather must be a factor.

More drama on the CM, or is there a legit chance that the other 50% owner pulls the plug on a return? I wish they would stop playing around and go get their captain license if they are so confident they can run the boat. Might as well try it.

Still entertaining to me, though not nearly what the show was 3-5 years ago.

I agree... Too many boats on the show now and with more boats, that means less time devoted to each boat's storyline in each episode[note, each episode has roughly 45 minutes of actual show]. Instead of seeing 12 minutes of 4 different boats on each episode like we did back in season 1, we now see 6 minutes of 7 different boats each episode (roughly). They should keep the number of boats on each season limited

Keith should pay Freddie a little extra to diffuse all the tension on his boat. Mohawks worked and got everyone fired up. All boats caught crab well though on the last episode. Weather must be a factor.

I told my wife last night that Freddie worth at least a share and a half. One heckuva deckhand!

I thought about the catches were increasing too but I suppose if you spend 6-8 weeks getting dialed in on the crab you probably should be on 'em big time when you're putting on your final weight?

Fireworks staged? Oh yeah, but like you said, a fun way to end it. It was an impressive show. cool

I really liked this year's Behind the Scenes show. For some reason it seemed better than others past.

I agree that this season's was a little less, maybe like others said, new boats and new faces. Miss Captain Phil, man when he was on camera you never knew what was going to come out of his mouth, either about crabs, life or telling off his kids

Cap'n Keith seems like an overall jerk, seriously expecting the camera guy to make him coffee? I suppose in some way, that camera guy could press assault charges on him, as Kluwe would say seemed a bit D-bag move on Keith's part.

Thought the same thing about the fire works battle, but it was cool video

I agree that this season's was a little less, maybe like others said, new boats and new faces. Miss Captain Phil, man when he was on camera you never knew what was going to come out of his mouth, either about crabs, life or telling off his kids

Cap'n Keith seems like an overall jerk, seriously expecting the camera guy to make him coffee? I suppose in some way, that camera guy could press assault charges on him, as Kluwe would say seemed a bit D-bag move on Keith's part.

Thought the same thing about the fire works battle, but it was cool video

I agree I miss Phil, and if I was on Keith's boat I'd knock him on his a$$, he's as jerky as they come. Still a great show!

Keith is a couple french fries short of a happy meal. Can't stand the guy... I'm surprised none of his deckhands or even his brother have knocked him out yet in a bar back at the docks. You can't even say one word to him after he said something to you without it being considered "talking back"... What a clown

Regarding Keith... One thing that an attitude like that will do is make everyone else hate you on the boat. The thing that you don't see happening even though it's plain as day is that the rest of the crew is unified in their hatred, and you end up with less skirmishes on the deck between themselves. It's not eliminated, but I'd say it is minimized. Plus; he is the captain. Their paychecks, their livelihood, and their safety is in his hands. Lynn had 4 years to figure out this stuff, yet he is still working and acting like a greenhorn.

You might think you have to love your captain, but really all you need to do is respect him. Plus: No crab= bad attitudes. Lotso' crab= happy boat. And the Wizard gets crab. Every year. 'Nuff said.

Keith is a couple french fries short of a happy meal.

Don't know if this saying will hold true anymore after Michelle Obama got McDonald's to cut down on the french fries and add more apples? Maybe we have to say is a few apples short of a Happy Meal now?

You might think you have to love your captain, but really all you need to do is respect him. Plus: No crab= bad attitudes. Lotso' crab= happy boat. And the Wizard gets crab. Every year. 'Nuff said.

81k per deckhand for 2 months work. I'll make the biotch coffee if it wants it.... wink

This blog has some interesting info Deadliest Catch: No Cornelia Marie

Harris Boys will be working as deckhands on other boats this season

Red King Crab Quota Has been cut in half and Bairdi is closed completely

Meanwhile the boats will have to face this:

Monster Storm bearing down on Western Alaska

Ah, those boys love the limelight.

I read an interview last spring with Cornelia Marie Devlin, half owner of the boat. She was the one who stated there will be NO cameras on her boat in the future.

Harris boys want TV, hence they have to work somewhere else.

DD