• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KFAN's Puffy arrested for Crack

toughguy

Dakotakid31 -

I have used drugs before, back in HS and college times.

I drink alcohol now as a 32 year old. And sure, I may smoke a little once a year maybe with the guys at fishing opener or something.

I have a wife, 2 wonderful children, a home and a job. Mind you I hold an executive position also.

Am I a bad person? Are you now going to judge me as "bad" because of what I have done?

Would you still go fishing with me? If I never told you any of that, we could be on the boat all day slaying some fish having a great old time, and if you found out afterward, would that change your opinion of me?

C'mon buddy, lets let this thread die, and hope Dubay can seek the help he needs, on his own, without others scrutiny.

There are walleyes to catch. Lets move on.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I was as brave a man as Muc33 was earlier in this thread. At first, I was just cautioning some rather sanctimonious chatter.

I crashed and burned a long time ago. I come from a close, loving family. I'm the youngest of 7 in a big, Irish Catholic family on the south side of Chicago. I kind of lost my way when our family hit on very hard financial times. Then I lost someone important to me. I made some bad choices and succumbed to peer pressure at a young age. They say kids are stupid, but I share the belief that some folks just carry a little genetic tendency towards addictive behavior (no, not making excuses for my own choices). I'm sure that many of the righteous here would have handled what I went through in a completely different fashion, but we'll never know, will we? My demons are nearly 20 years behind me now. I lost a lot of time to drugs, but I think I gained a fair amount of understanding.

If the clean-living crowd here were to meet me on the ice one day, or in the field following my dogs, I'm willing to bet you'd have a hard time accusing me of not "just plain having a brain". The eloquence, and compassion for a huge percentage of the people you share this world with (friends family and neighbors as well, I'd bet) who have walked down this path (many to never come back) is astounding. The venom you carry will not just hurt those who have struggled with addiction. It poisons other people's perception of the kind of person you are. It doesn't look real good. in man's eyes or God's.

I'm glad your sober.

I'm glad your smarter than me (but I'm always up for a debate at a later date if you wish wink )

I hope you or someone you love never wrestles with addiction.

It will make the tone you're taking right now seem really ugly. Really hurtful. I think it's great; how great you are.

But watch out for Karma.......

Until that point, I wish you nothing but love, happiness and success in all your endeavors.

Signed,

A "Dumb Knob"

P.S. keep your "sympathy". Your brand isn't needed or wanted.

I wish I was as brave a man as Muc33 was earlier in this thread. At first, I was just cautioning some rather sanctimonious chatter.

I crashed and burned a long time ago. I come from a close, loving family. I'm the youngest of 7 in a big, Irish Catholic family on the south side of Chicago. I kind of lost my way when our family hit on very hard financial times. Then I lost someone important to me. I made some bad choices and succumbed to peer pressure at a young age. They say kids are stupid, but I share the belief that some folks just carry a little genetic tendency towards addictive behavior (no, not making excuses for my own choices). I'm sure that many of the righteous here would have handled what I went through in a completely different fashion, but we'll never know, will we? My demons are nearly 20 years behind me now. I lost a lot of time to drugs, but I think I gained a fair amount of understanding.

If the clean-living crowd here were to meet me on the ice one day, or in the field following my dogs, I'm willing to bet you'd have a hard time accusing me of not "just plain having a brain". The eloquence, and compassion for a huge percentage of the people you share this world with (friends family and neighbors as well, I'd bet) who have walked down this path (many to never come back) is astounding. The venom you carry will not just hurt those who have struggled with addiction. It poisons other people's perception of the kind of person you are. It doesn't look real good. in man's eyes or God's.

I'm glad your sober.

I'm glad your smarter than me (but I'm always up for a debate at a later date if you wish wink )

It will make the tone you're taking right now seem really ugly. Really hurtful. I think it's great; how great you are.

Until that point, I wish you nothing but love, happiness and success in all your endeavors.

Signed,

A "Dumb Knob"

No "sympathy" coming from me dude. Have someone inocent,minding thier own killed by a KNOB that makes the choice. Dont care about sob stories-everyone has bumps in life-its how you choose to deal with them. You may be changed men now but you were deffinetly KNOBS back then.

Dakotakid, what would you do if found out your best friend or even a child had a drug problem? Would you change your tune? Would you be supportive and do everything you could to help them? Or would you hold onto your previously posted thoughts and judge them, label them, and hold yourself superior to them?

If you stick to your same story then I'm glad I'm not your friend. With friends like that who needs an enemy.

Originally Posted By: irvingdog

I'm glad your sober.

Signed,

A "Dumb Knob"

No "sympathy" coming from me dude. Have someone inocent,minding thier own killed by a KNOB that makes the choice. Dont care about sob stories-everyone has bumps in life-its how you choose to deal with them. You may be changed men now but you were deffinetly KNOBS back then.

OMG it does exist, the perfect person who has never made a mistake in their life grin Wow, never thought I would hear from that person. grin

Here is his recent criminal history (cases that have been closed)

09/28/2004

Crow Wing Speeding-Petty Misd

Converted Closed SPEED 66/55

01/09/2001

Closed DRIVING AFTER SUSPENSION

01/30/2004

Hennepin Criminal/Traffic/Petty Downtown Crim/Traf Mandatory

Closed UNREASONABLE ACCELERATION

06/19/1985

Closed DRIVING WITH AC OF .10 OR MORE AS A MISD

02/22/1994

Closed ASSAULT 5TH DEGREE (DOMESTIC)

OMG it does exist, the perfect person who has never made a mistake in their life grin Wow, never thought I would hear from that person. grin

Thank you. Thank you. You're to kind, but my wife would argue the point that I'm....

Wait....

You were talking about ME, right? grin

Thats funny all of those post are about how ignorant i am and how i shouldnt judge....hmmmm..thats alright you guys can though. How is it judging when he did the crime-i could see if they didnt have proff it was him but thats not the case. Never once in any of my post did i say i was perfect mr. UPNORTH. not once. But i can say for a fact that none of my mistakes have caused anyone thier life,bodily harm or finacialy ruined them. You are so quick to judge(funny your lesson skipped yourself) ya ever think maybe i am so sinical because the effects its had. You lose a friend and his wife to a KNOB that decided to get hopped up on drugs and wiskey because his wife left him(because he was an alcy) and try to have a heart for these fools. This was about drugs-sorry never gonna feel sorry for them no matter what thier story. Thats the whole point you need to hit rock bottem before you hurt or kill someone and come to the reliezation that drugs or alcho are not the solution to lifes problems. I was saying the decision to do drugs is so stupid no matter what!! And yes i think people can change but if you do it after the fact what good is that. Bring people back? no heal wounds?no. And yes i have drug a friend kicking,hitting and crying the whole way to the hospital. He changed and fully admits what a KNOB he was. Now i need to go convince myself to feel sorry for murderers,rapist and child molesters because hey they had problems they couldnt deal with and i shouldnt be so ignorant or judge. Signed Mr. Perfect

Quote:
Never once in any of my post did i say i was perfect mr. UPNORTH. not once.

So then quit acting like you have never made a few mistakes and calling people have made a mistake "a knob". You may be looking at your intentions while the rest of us are seeing your actions(what you are posting).

We are all human and all humans make mistakes. The difference is we don't all make the same mistakes.

Dakotakid, you sound a little bitter and resentful.

I read a book once that talks about forgiveness and compassion. I found it in a hotel nightstand, it was a pretty good read. The main character is a carpenter, there are even several fisherman in the book so its a book any guy would like.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin', ya know.