• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Night Prowlers

kenandheather1121

Went out to the permenant house last weekend and the lock was cut off. Must of been someone trying to steel stuff. We dont leave anything in there so nothing missing this time. The guy next to us said they got in his house too, and a house a little furter got everything stolen out of it. We learned our lesson a couple years ago. We had our house on Clear Lake in Waseca and got everything taken. Makes you so mad.
Just a warning it is happening so don't leave your equipment in your house. The house was out on Madison Lake this year but I'm sure it happening all over.
Good Luck and be safe.

Take a beautiful shack with some "decoy" antennas, drop off a group of guys(it's better if they were previously victimized), keep the lights off, sit, wait, SURPRISE!!! Let the party begin!...."Hey Bill", "It looks like our guests brought some bolt cutters to the party!"...."How nice!"

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

kenandheather. I don't recall it happening too much in the southern lakes, but it nearly happened to me a few years back out on lake Crystal. The crooks didn't realize that most of us were walking out to our houses and I actually locked my door in there at night when I was sleeping. (only fished out there on nights till morning). Some joker came and tried getting in. They failed on the door, but then broke the window. All that activity at the door was enough to wake me up. By the time they broke the window, I was ready with a gaff that had a big ol treble hook WITH barbs. Some sorry sap got it right in his hand or arm. Blood everywhere, but I lost my gaff smile.gif

Too bad I couldn't carry a hand gun back then smile.gif

I never did get a license plate #, but never had anyone mess with my house after that.

CAN IT BE LUCK my buddy and i talked about doing that exact thing years ago never got around to it though. i would wait all nite though if i new the scum were going to show up. the look on there faces would be priceless before it turned to a very painful look

Here'a a true story...

I have a friend who had his permanent out on a lake and there were problems with someone during the middle of the night that would ram the houses with a truck and then take off. It happened to a few houses. So one day my friend put a piece of telephone post down his hole and let it freeze in, then a couple days later he came back to his house to find an old truck wrapped around this post with the license plates gone and no one around. I don't know whether or not the caught the people who did it but I have never heard about any problems since.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

A guy we work with said his uncle had his house out on German Lake last year and some SOB drove up and hunked on, and drove off with the whole house. Hasn't seen it since. I have heard of many houses broke into on the Southern Lakes.
Canitbeluck, we had that same idea but our luck we would do it and it would be the Game Warden at the door. That wouldn't be cool. We need laws like some of these other countrys, if your caught stealing, off with your fingers.
Good luck and be safe.

Ok, so maybe it is the cold that has finally gotten to my brain. Or maybe it is my hatred for the lil %%^#@#@! that do break in, steal, or simply ram our fish houses. At any rate, I'm thinking of watching the home alone movies and using his ideas to rig up a fish house. On a different post someone mentioned a shotgun on a string tied to the doorknob. I like that idea, but I'd probably forget it was there myself. Maybe a capacitor fully charged and wired to the doorknob? Or a balsa floor in a "fake fish house", with the ice cut out from under it? As with my own home, I feel no remorse for someone who tries to break in. They'd better hope the cops get to them before I do! mad.gif

Dont leave anything behind, leave the curtains open and if that dont work how about a fish net tied to the ceiling made from mono with trebbs and small hooks that drops on them tangles them up and then the fun begins. Making some moron take a hundred hooks out himself is sweet justice.
Or grease the floor and throw down hooks all over the floor

------------------
en kala
(I fish)

The way it sounds, I think most of you guys have just watched the movie, "Home Alone" over the holidays! wink.gif
How about using the syrup and chicken feather trick? That's pretty harmless, and if they want to go to the cops, let em.
These low-lifes that break into shacks are absolutely pathetic! I don't ice fish too much but hearing these horror stories makes me want to go out and set up my own little sting operation to bust these losers!

Coach Dog

------------------
GIT-R-Done!

There mostly high school kids or drunken snowmobilers. I know some kids who would break into fish houses steal everything for the rush and then throw most of the stuff in the ditch. It's a good thing homeowners insurance covers fish house theft.

During my lifetime of fishing I have had my houses broken into six times. Nothing ever stolen as the only thing I leave is an ice scoop. The best defense against these people is don't leave anything of value. It shouldn't be that way but once the ice is thick enough to drive on it is going to happen!!!

This is fun to talk about what we'ld all do to "intruders" etc. but the bad part of the whole deal is that if you booby trap your own personal property (including home) the intruder can sue your but off and win every time. It just isn't fair.

Where's Granny when you need him? He'd say something like take some M80's and rig them to the.......then use some gasoline for the.... grin.gif

I like the fish net with hooks idea. Want to hurt them (pretty bad, wink), but not kill them. That frozen pole was a good idea - LOL

Mount and bolt down a metal box, high enough that you can't look down inside it. Write "Donations, KEEP OUT!" on the front. Leave a dollar bill sticking out of the hole. Inside the "donation box", set a Conibear trap! They'll donate a few fingers, maybe thier whole hand!! Jaw traps? Poisonous snakes? grin.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 01-20-2004).]

Fivebucks, here's your defense.

Your honor that 4x6 hole in the ice under my 6x8 house was not a booby trap, it was my spear hole.
And the flimsy material over the hole was never meant to be a floor, it was insulation to keep the spear hole from freezing over.
Plus I had the hole properly covered to prevent anyone from falling into it UNLESS they were so determined to join the polar bear club that they would tear a locked door off of a spear house.

A few years back I was at a friends house out on Mille Lacs it was out in front of Garrison. We had a buddy that was heading back to the cities on Sat. evening and his house was about 75-100 yards away from us. It wasn't 4-5 minutes after he left that we heard some truck driving by I looked out the window and saw the truck stop at our buddies house, it wasn't him. We called him on his cell phone, he hadn't even made it back to shore yet and we told him someone was breaking into his house. He blocked the road off the lake with his truck and called the sherriff, when the thieves tried to get off the lake they had a crew waiting for them, the sherriff and one PO'd fisherman.

Ole

Went out to the ice house this weekend and someone broke in again. Second weekend in a row. The only thing that was in there was my dads sunflower heater. They took it. Hes got gas lights on the wall and they took one of the glass globes for it. How stupid. They busted one of the windows on the door and reached in and unlocked it. We have to come up with something to catch these idiots. I just couldn't believe that they came back. I hope they try to use that sunflower because it has a gas leak. That will teach em. Anyway if your house is anywhere near Madison Lake, take everything home with you or it will be gone.
Good luck and be safe.

Ken and Heather, I just put my house out on madison lake. Where is your house out on the lake? I am just about staight out from the DNR access...nothing in the house, but its a nice house and I am affraid that someone is going to think there is something good in it.

Besides Burntside lake, another "Bash" is in order! Gather up the troops! Some of you guys that practice CPR are more than welcome, we may need you when it comes time to string up a line on a ratso or a ratfinkee. Well, maybe not that far, but we can still try CPR, Catch, photo, and rehabilitation! It's easy to break into a fish house..... Let's see about breaking out of the "Big House!". "Hey Bubba!" "Look what the prison warden sent us!" "Here phishy phishy" blush.gif .........First letter to home:....."Hi Mom", "I met a lot of new friends"!!! shocked.gif

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 01-27-2004).]

A few years ago sitting at the local pub one nite a couple of drunks came in and were talking about ripping off fish houses. Soon a few guys got up and went to check on their houses. Sure enough they were ripped off or vandalized. Knowing these drunks they checked their house and low and behold everybodys stuff was there. After retriving all their gear back they went to the bar and started saying how houses were ripped off and even one house was burnt to the ice! You can guess whose house got torched. Never had a problem with those low lifes again.

Ken and Heather, I am in the Green and Gold house out from the DNR access, stop over if you are around. I will be out wed and thur nights. Good luck and I will keep my eye out.