• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

so who all uses this site?

jascher20

Relatively new to MN...reloacted here from AZ in last 6mos. Originally from SD and did alot of ice fishing there until moving to AZ for school...not much ice in AZ!!!
Moved back to midwest this July and am getting back into the game. Work for Safari Club Int'l and fight the anti-hunters each and every day to preserve our freedom to hunt/fish. (www.firstforhunters.com) if that is appropriate to list. Apologies if not.
Live in the Metro area and have a 5 yr old that loves to get out w/me whenever time permits.
Looking to get familar w/Mtka as much as possible for eyes, and panfish. Any advice from all of you is appreciated as well as all the help from this site. Thanks to all that have helped me so far and to all who will likely in the future.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up in Stillwater, graduated from Bemidji State and now live in the St.Cloud area, hence the name. I love to hunt(grouse,duck,deer)and fish.I've really gotten more into hard water fishing in the last 3yrs. Lack of snow forced me to spend more time and money on my fishing equipment than on my sleds. I work as a mgr for a retail store that sells just about everything that a guy could need or want. I have recieved lots of great information on this site from all the posting areas on the site.

Joel here,
Grew up in ND fishing Devils Lake and LOW as a kid. Moved to MN as an aircraft technician, chased fish everywhere; then to cheese land, where I became a Packer fan, or get chased out of the state! wink.gif I then moved back to MN to Duluth where I built my own house, and worked for Northwest Airlines as an aircraft technician until I lost my job in July of 2002. So I turned my long time passion into a summertime job as a charter captain on Lake Superior. I also have a huge sleeper on LOW for fishing in winter and make a few trips to Upper Red Lake when I can. Still looking for work that doesnt interfere with fishing now! Hope something comes soon!

------------------
End of the Line Charters
Lake Superior
1-888-U-HOOK-EM
www.fishontheline.com

Editor of the Ely Timberjay newspaper. Before that, city editor at the Duluth News Tribune. Before that reporter, columnnist and assigning editor at the Grand Forks (N.D.) Herald.

Like End of the Line, I fished Devils Lake a LOT, and LOW quite a bit over the years, not to mention lots of other water in N.D., Minn., Wisc. and a bit in Colorado.

It's fishing that defines me, not work. I was a fishing FANATIC long before any of those newspaper jobs. And I can tell you, fishing is more important than work, hands down. grin.gif Fishing, after all, is life. Work is just what gets you the money to fish. wink.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 01-10-2004).]

Wes from Byron, MN - employed with a company that prints magazine insert cards that most people love to hate - but it keeps me fishing! 13 years ago I didn't know how to turn on a computer and now I make a living on one and thoroughly enjoy offering whatever help I can on this site. My youngest bro would be my favorite fishing partner and is also a moderator on the Rainy Lake thread.

I grew up in western MN fishing Traverse and Big Stone lakes and hunting waterfowl and pheasants. I live in one and next to another of the 4 counties in MN without a natural lake so have now learned about fishing streams and rivers.

I am a registered nurse working in the ICU in Cheyenne, Wy. Have been here for 16 years now, Transplant from Slayton, Mn. Love to fish for North Platte eyes, Hawk Springs Jumbos, and Mountain carp (or as they call them out here, trout. Just can't stand to eat them). Have not moved back to Minnesota as the Elk hunting here is top notch. Just wish the ice was a little better!

Scott

I'm Ed from Austin, TX, a network engineer (originally from Ohio). I get to Minnesota once a year for an annual ice fishing weekend on LOW and I always visit this site for tips & tricks during the weeks preceding my trip. The fever is bad as we don't have much hard water down here, but I can use my boat pretty much year round. I'm off to the dock today to practice with the Vexilar.

This forum is a great resource!

I'm Dick Kaitz, aka Kaz...Live in Plymouth MN, a two iron from Medicine Lk. Retired and fish every time I get a chance. Was owner of a Beauty Product company in Golden Valley MN for 42 years. Sold the company in '99 and now fish LOTW,(have a place at Wheelers Point) Lk Michigan, Sturgeon Lk south of Duluth, Superior, and annual trips to Alaska for the Silvers in the Kasilif. Traveled all over the world for business and found that Minnesota is one of the best places to live. Although after some early ice on LOTW I find the fishing in Florida is not to bad either. Enjoy Ham Radio as a second hobby, computers come in third. ...Kaz

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 01-11-2004).]

Name is Adam, I have lived in the metro area my entire life, except 5 years up in moorhead for college. I just finished the licensing requirements to be a police officer so hopefully soon thats what I will be doing since I havent won the lottery so I can fish and hunt all the time.

My name is Clint but everyone calls me Cliffy. I grew up in the Pelican Rapids (MN) area and my family lives on Lake Lida. I recently got married to a young lady from ND who shares my passion for fishing. I am an investigator with the local police department and enjoy hunting and fishing. Of all the fishing web-sites that I visit, this one is by far, the best!

greeting, I am Sam, grew up here in northern Minesota. Been fishing as far back as I can remember. retired military, now I drive for a shuttle company, we take new military recuits down to the processing center in St Paul, from Duluth three days a week.

Man I can't believe I have missed this forum since I have been in the FM family..

I am Rusty a Full time Police Officer in Crookston since 1994 and run Wiskers Guiding Service. I have worked LE since 1989. I grew up on the Iron Range, Babbitt. I have fished all my life around the Babbitt and Blackduck areas until I moved to Crookston.

I have been hooked on Catfishing since my first outing here in Crookston in 1995. Since then I have started up my guiding business, help set up a catfish league out of East Grand Forks and am now organizing an anual Ice Buster daze in Crookston which includes an ice fishing contest. Once I got started on FM I am also addicted. My goals are to meet as many good people as I can and introduce them to the art of fishing and one day make it on TV with one of them fishing shows to be a house hold name.

Lines tight and bait fresh.......................

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

[This message has been edited by Wiskers Guiding Service (edited 01-11-2004).]

AL 47 Sounds like i'm the only Hoosier here, thats Indiana if you've never heard of a Hoosier before. I'm a terminal manager for a local towing company. Hunt for turkeys every spring and fish whenever i can whether its a local lake or on Lake Michigan for trout/salmon of perch in the summer and late fall. Just wish i could get more hardwater time in, but this is the time of year when we make our best money

My name is Brad. I grew up near Lewiston, M and currently live in Coon Rapids. I will be closing on a house in Waconia the end of this month and can't wait to move out there. I am a purchasing agent for a pre-cast concrete producer based out of Maple Grove.
I enjoy fishing pretty much anywhere I can wet my line: trout fishing in SE MN, bass fishing metro lakes (mostly Tonka) and also enjoy the Grand Rapids/Marcell area for fishing bass, walleye, northern, you name it. Also deer hunt and waterfowl hunt.
Great site! I really have learned a lot from fellow FMers.

Coach Dog

------------------
GIT-R-Done!

Hi, my name is of course Adam McDermott. I am 17 and living in Owatonna, Minnesota. I love to do anything in the outdoors. I work at Napa Auto Parts. With all my activities I am still broke every week and loans to pay off for my toys. I am looking into being an Emergency Medical Technician than possible Parmedic. I am also involved with car racing, I have one now and hope to make a big step into a bigger one next year. I'm sure I will be broke for years to come. But who cares I can still go fishing.

My name is Gary. I fish around Mille Lacs mostly since I have a place near there. I was born a Hoosier but was relocated to Minnesota at age 12 a long long time ago.
I am a Manufacturing Engineer for a local
autombile plant in St. Paul, MN. When the ice is too thin, I think about duck hunting. When the Vexi isn't indicating a fish below, I think about duck hunting. In between breaks at work, I think about duck hunting. All other spare moments, I think about goose hunting, open water fishing, and deer hunting.

Call me Dynamo -

Self employed MWM consulting a financial services firm. Trying to find useful outlet for weekend carousing.

Just arrived in MN in Twin Cities area and looking to hookup with experienced ice fisher for an intro to icefishing.

Will return favor in Redington Beach, FL at future date TBD...

Send email to redingtonbatyahoodotcom

My name is Jason Muchow and I am a fish-a-holic. I am 29, live in the Alexandria area and am partners in a construction company. I love to hunt and fish, especially with friends. Crappies are my favorites but I enjoy catching other fish too, so anyone in the area feel free to get in touch for an outing or two.

My name is Jim, married, no kids, 43 years young. Grew up in Ely, but have lived in Brooklyn Park for the past 15 years. Have worked in sales for the past 20+ years. Ice fishing trips this year will include Winnie, Mille Lacs (house out of Myr Mar), Burntside, Red, and LOW.

I'll fish for whatever the body of water I'm on is giving up. #1 Walleyes, #2 Slab Crappies, #3 Jumbo Perch, #4 Lake Trout.

Favorite place to fish - Basswood Lake in the motorized area of the B-Dub.

My name is Kurt. I'm a technical writer/project manager (yes, that means computer geek). Lifelong resident of the Rochester area. Will fish and hunt for anything when work and the family permits it. Turkey hunting is my latest all consuming passion, but I live to chase deer, ducks and geese in the fall. I fish year round and try to make several trips every year 'Up Nort'. I grew up fishing the Zumbro for carp and suckers, though and still chase them for fun.

------------------
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (When all else fails, play dead)

I'm Marty, I live in Sauk Centre, MN after working 2 years in Mpls and going to college in Duluth(UMD). I am an insurance agent, there are almost as many people in insurance on this site as computer guys. I love to fish and hunt. Any kind of fishing for any kind of fish. My favorite is sunfish in the winter and walleye in the summer. Just bought my first house this fall, and I am getting married in April, so its tough to see a lot fishing time right now, but I do manage a couple outings a week. Just bought a lab puppy so that is also one of my latest challenges. A lot going on right now when I think about it! We have a place up in Blackduck, so this years fishing trips include LOW, Red, Winnie, Mille Lacs, the Mississippi, and about 50 other less known lakes. I did hunting trips to ND, SD, WY, and Nor. MN this fall. This forum is definetly a great tool for fishing new areas and for getting tips for the old ones.

I'm "Big Wayne". I live on Big Kandiyohi Lake SE of Willmar, MN. I'm a Prof. Geologist, also a Biology Major and work for an Environmental Consulting Firm. I love being outdoors doing just about anything. I especially love fishing for walleye's but I don't eat fish at all! Go figure! smile.gifsmile.gif

My name is Tim I'm from Duluth born and raised, (Raleigh St. forever!!) I am a Commercial Sales Rep. for a large cleaning company.
I have fished for over 30 years concentrating my efforts mostly on crappies and walleyes. Though I mostly fish local lakes and rivers, I do travel and my goal is to fish the 3 largest crappie bodies in the U.S.
1. The John Kerr Resivour - N.C.
2. Lake Sam Rayburn- Texas
3. Upper Red Lake - Minn (been there)
I also want world peace
Thank you

------------------
en kala
(I fish)

[This message has been edited by frozenminnow (edited 01-12-2004).]