• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

so who all uses this site?

jascher20

Hey-- GSP-- your originally from CC??? I am a CC boy, too... I am curious what your name/family would be....

Also, I lost my German Shorthair Pointer this past winter--- tough fall for me w/ no dog... didn't even buy a license... sad... tt you later..

Sorry, this wasn't related to the thread, just saw a CC reference so had to check it out!!!

Oh--- I am a Real Estate Guy/Banker in Willmar-- live in Clara City-- own a cabin on Norway.. 3 kids and the 4th is almost ready to come out of the oven!!! trying to raise them to fish.

[This message has been edited by jascher20 (edited 01-09-2004).]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a "grunt" working for a smal label manufacturer in roseville. I own a house on an AWESOME 240 acre lake in the Marcel area, that I fish religously. Primarely largys and smallies( I do quite well I might add). I deer and grouse hunt. This HSOforum, the poeple who run it and all its participants- ROCK!!!!!!

------------------
Ice fishin SUCKS...
But I do it anyway.

Name is Eric and I work for a software company in Eden Prairie, but my role is Support aka Cust Service.

Any who, as my handle will show I love bass fishing. In the winter I chase eyes and crops.

I also like to go catfishing in the summer to. Favorite lake is Tonka, Favorite River is a toss up between the MN and da Sippi. Bass or cats, bass or cats, it's such a hard decision. grin.gif

Welcome aboard sir!

I live in Decorah, Iowa. If it swims I like to catch it. I coach football and manage the athletic facilities at Luther College. I Fly fish here in Iowa for trout. Teach a college credit Fly Fishing class in the spring. Spend a lot of time on the Miss. fishing for everything from panfish to pike. Love to go to the BWCA. Spend a week every year fishing muskies on Man Lake. Also spend a lot of time hunting deer and pheasants.

I spent the last 20+ years in mfg./operations management. I just switch careers to Insurance, auto/home/ATV/boat etc... I fish mostly for walleyes, perch and crappies. I spend alot of time on Mille Lacs, Leech and Cutfoot/Winnie. I bow and rifle hunt for deer in MN and bow hunt for deer in WI.

I'm originally a RANGER, but for the last 27 years i've lived in Eagan.

Ole

[This message has been edited by Ole1855 (edited 01-09-2004).]

Another computer geek here. I work as a helpdesk analyst/tech. Live in Corcoran and work in Minnetonka/Eden Prairie border. Love fishing. Started surf fishing when I was kid in the Philippines. If I'm not fishing for walleyes, I'm river fishing for cats on the MN. I also love trout fishing.
Roland

I'm a dad, a husband, a hunter, a fisherman, a trapper, a former firefighter/medic/reserve cop and when I'm not busy I own and operate a DQ. Wait I got that backwards, Work should come first, RIGHT? grin.gif

cabinfever,
I don't know alot of trainers, but I do know one real well and he is a very good trainer and a good guy. His name is Phil Mathiowetz, he owns Windwalker Kennels in Goodhue.
phone: 651 923 4348
web: http://windwalkerkennel.com

Shameless plug coming... I've known him for 10+ years and trained with him on weekends for a couple of summers. He is a horseback field trialer and is the field trial chairman of the GSPCA so he has connections all over the country. You couldn't do much better for a trainer. He usually has a winter camp somewhere down south (So. Iowa, Kansas, New Mexico) and a summer camp (SoDak, Iowa) for dog training. The question would be what are your needs. If you're into NAVHDA he might not be the best fit but overall he's a great trainer. He trained the 2000 (I think) GSPCA National Amateur Gundog Champion and has finished many field champions so he's quite accomplished.

I just got a new pup from him last September and am very excited for next hunting season. I will probably send the pup to summer camp so she has a clue next fall.

If you talk to Phil or his wife tell him Clark sent ya. He'll probably roll his eyes and mutter something under his breath. 8^)
Good luck.
gspman

I am an official ROF.(retired old fart)Owned my own business,a beauty salon and suntanning studio, for 40+ years. I love fishing, hunting, and wild women.Not necessarily in that order. Grew up in the country near Cambridge,MN fishing the length of the Rum River, whenever I could sneak out from under my mother's watchful eye. Recently sold my house in Maple Grove and moved up here to where God would live if his wife let him. Warroad,MN. LOW, Manitoba, Ontario, lots of places to explore. Biggest fish this year:46 inch muskie, caught in Pipestone Lake,Ontario. CPR'ed it.

------------------
DIRTBALL2

I am a person who just made a major change of direction after 30 years in engineering. After almost a year of fishingafter being layed off, I was hired by Gander Mountain in the fishing department. It is a fun place to work.
I fish as much as I can year round. I like to catch whatever swims, but target bass and muskies in the summer. I live in the south metro, so I fish lakes that usually are heavily pressured. Love Lake of the Woods in the spring and late fall.

Hi my name is brian. I have been addicted (to fishing) for the entire 18 years of my life. I'm from Faribault and live on wells lake (should be called wells swamp) and fish mostly around here, and up near grand rapids. I work at Spikes Sports Bar and Grill. Thats about it... brian-

my name is shaun and i live here in hayfield in southeastrn mn. i love to fish for smallmouth in the root and scumbro and i do alot of fishing in northern wisconson for anything that will bite. for the hard water i like to fish for craps and panfish. at the moment im a grunt at mcneilus MTM. and i bow hunt and gun hunt in minnesota and wiscogy for anything i can.

------------------
SHAUN

fish or sleep?..........FISH!

gophish

I'm a project manager for a construction company who grew up in Two Harbors,MN. My parents grew up in St. Charles and I have spent MUCH time in St.Charles and Chatfield. I worked on a dairy farm for 3 summers on Chatfield. Do you know the Hinckley's?? That's the farm I worked for. I hope you are going to the GOOD shcool in ND. That's where I graduated from in '99. Hail the BISON!!!!

Royce here. I am a sales rep-mgr for a home improvement division of a lumber yard in St. Cloud. Moved here from ND in 1990. Been fishing since I was about 3 so that would be 46 years. Thank you Lord!! I really love chasing smallies on the mighty mississippi. Eyes of course are my next favorite. But any time my line is wet I'm a happy camper what ever I'm after.

I'm Dale from Becker and I am a Banker by necessity, fisherman at heart. Like to fish for Walls the best but watching my 2 daughters(6&3) catch sunnies is a blast also. I really enjoy the site for the great information and stories. I have many times used information here to catch fish. ie this summer at the resort in Bovey MN thanks again Lunker!

Joe from Maple Grove. I was told about this site during casual conversation with another angler on Medicine Lake a week ago.

I'm 31, Account Manager for a Creative Design company (print and interactive). I love to hunt and fish. I spend a lot of time at the family cabin in Spicer on Nest Lake.

I've only recently been seriously hooked on fishing since a serious motorcycle accident ended my pursuit of that sport.

I plan to spend a lot of time soaking minnows this year.

I am a 18 year old who moved off of the shores of lake superior and now live on the beaches of Upper red lake......I work for bearpawguides a business in which my father and i started up..we rent fish houses and provide guided fishing trips and fall bear hunts....ive been fishing and hunting my whole life and im SERIOUSLY addicted to it.....my favorite fish to catch is....probably.....ummmmm all of them..
depends on the mood........
SCOUT

------------------
www.bearpawguides.com

Even though you couldn't tell by reading all the magazines and online articles...there ARE actually Ice Fisherman outside the Midwest.

Colorado is starting to become renown for monster trout (bows, crowns and cuts), and a good day on 11 Mile Resevoir will get you at least 4 Trout (2 of 'em over 18 inches) in the shallows, quite a few Salmon deep, and a monster pike if you happen to be in the right place near the weeds.

I do Software Management Consulting, but won't fess up to geek status.

Welcome to the Forum!!

------------------
Colorado Ice Man

i too am a computer gee......... no wait, i build elevators. my name is kris and i work for the elevator union. i mainly fish in the winter(shore fishing drives me nuts). i started ice fishing last year when my duck hunting buddy wanted to repay me for a good duck season, so he took me crappie fishing and now im hooked(no pun intended).

i'd tell where i mainly fish, but i haven't been doing this long enough to be local anywhere.

i hunt waterfowl. ill hunt other things if friends take me, but i really don't have the interest in anything but ducks and geese. and crappies to fill the off season wink.gif

take care and have a safe season........loc9

gpsman,

like jascher20, i grew up in CC. I am a year younger and graduated with your sis JMK. she was one of my favorite classmates during HS. i here she working in the bank in town now. saw her a while ago, don't think she recognized me. anyways, i live in richfield now. i'm looking for someone to fish with during the weekdays, as my schedule is mostly weekends. let me know if your available during the spring/summer months (minnetonka/minnewashta,ect... bass,walleyes,pike.....)

later,

goose

I dont think that I am qualified to be a computer geek, but I enjoy checking this site out. I started out to be a Marine Bioligist but ended up getting a degree as an Aquatic Bioligist at Bemidji. I enjoyed a couple of quick years with the DNR and moved on to a career as an Environmental Manager with Control Data Corp and now as a consultant. If I am not on top of the water/ice fishing, I am under the water SCUBA diving. I live on Minnetonka so I spend most of my time there.

------------------
"I'd rather be fishing"

Mike