• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Am I geting Old?

papabear

Watched the CMT awards last night witht the ladies of the house. I didnt recognize very many performers or songs. Except the Eagles and Billy Ray. This made me think I must be getting old when ,as my daughters put it, Im out of touch with country music. Of course i told them I like country music just not this shtufff.

Not a country fan, but I feel old when I see pants around the knees, more metal on a face than the space shuttle has, Rap (sorry can't put the word music after it) and a ton of other stuff and I'm only 38!!!!

You know your getting old when the only way you can see your favorite music groups perform is to turn on Public Television during one of their fund raising marathons and everyone in the audience has silver hair.

I actualy started feeling old when they began playing music from the 80's on Solid Gold Saturday Night. That program used to only play songs from the 50's and 60's. Now REO, Motley Crue and Def Leppard are classic rock.

Hank Williams Jr. and Clint Black are classic country.

You know you are getting older when you have to have a burning permit to light the candles on your cake! Don't have the wind to blow em all out, have to be carefull your false teeth don't fly out, spritz the cake, and recieve a commemorative recording of Roy Rogers and Dale Evens singing 'Happy Trails To you'!

Not to long ago the wife and I went to see REO and Styx in Mankato. In the line to get in there was a dude in front of us using a walker. The wife and I just gave each other "The look."

I remember when their stuff was new and I got it on the 8-track, now I'm seeing them in concert with dudes in walkers.

Yup, my wifes getting old. grin.gif

The wife and I just saw REO here in the Windy City and had a similiar experience. Tons of grey beards in the audience, present company INCLUDED! LOL

Like somebody once told me, you're not getting older...you're getting longer! So I have that going for me.

Windy

Originally Posted By: boilerguy
Not to long ago the wife and I went to see REO and Styx in Mankato. In the line to get in there was a dude in front of us using a walker.

few more years, that will be you with the walker and someone else and their wife will give each other the "look."

So I'm sitting her watching Deadliest Catch with Kingfisher (24) and they show starts with Wanted Dead Or Alive. He's like "It's nice they brought that old song back". I through something at him and told him it was out when I was in Hight School!!!! Little punk.