• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What have you lost down the hole?

EBass

Everyone has lost something down the hole by mistake.

I leaned over to check my bobber and my mini-mag flast light dropped in. It's on some mud flat in MilleLacs.

My buddy rented an underwater camera and I lost the little thing that held the cable in place. Like a clip type deal. You'd think they'd make it to float, but nope. Oh yeah same weekend as the flash light.

I have droped my fareshare of things down the hole.But was lucky enought to find a fl8 slt ice pak on the bottom of the horseshoe chain last summer scuba diveing in the bay off 22.I don't understand how that went down a hole. guess you had to be there.
jimBo

[This message has been edited by jimBo (edited 12-02-2003).]

Lost a rattle reel and pretty sure my filet knife down the hole one night. I just put a "flying lure" on and was able to snag the line from the reel and bring it back up.The filet knife just kinda disapeared and the only logical explanation was the hole.
Was also with a guy that lost his leatherman down the spear hole, the one he got for christmas 2 days before.

Thanks to a playfull springer pup my fl8 was on its way down, thankfully I caught it but the battery still lies on the bottom of LOW. Also a jiggle stick, pocket knife, and ice scoop. Other than that I try not to litter too much.

A set of $280.00 perscpt. sungalsses. And a colman lantern... which was on when it hit the bottom in 15 ft. It ended up shining straight up!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

About $100 worth of ice jigs in a fly box. It fell off my lap when I was (true story) ice fishing out of my kayak on first ice. I couldn't walk on it, so I slid, crashed, and otherwise crossed the ice until I got to my spot. Unfortunately, I broke a lot of ice where I was fishing and, whoops, plunk.

I lost an anchor, sunglasses, hat, two dollar bills, wrench, neddlenose, fishing pole, my uncle's portable fish finder all in open water.
I've only lost a can of pop down the ice hole, to bad it wasn't diet or it would have floated.

Not to mention when i was fishing LOTW this summer my dad tied on a sea anchor(70$). I had over 50 yards of line out and i got snag, i thought it was wierd, but i slowly brought it in, what do you know it was the sea anchor, best sang of my life. I think I get my clumsiness from my dad.

I was fishing with my brother-in-law out of Rogers on URL. The fishing was alittle slow, so I decided to change my jig. All of a sudden my bobber went down, I set my jig box on the pail I was sitting on and grabed my rod and set the hook. When the BIG slab came up the hole, he spit the hook. As I made a dive for the fish, I knocked my jig box off the pail and down the hole went my jigs. I did manage to save a few of them. Boy was I doing some cussing and swearing. The worst part of was, I lost the fish! I must have been in the TRIANLGE or an IBOT put a curse on me!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brother was out on Eagle Lake in Maple Grove when he kicked over his lantern. As he reached over to "save" it, his cell phone slipped out of his jacket pocket. He lost them both.

I also know there are 2 cell phones on the bottom of LOW and 1 each in Mille Lacs, St. Croix River and Round Lake in Nisswa. None of them are mine thankfully.

I lost my 3D Cell MagLite down a hole in 13'of water on a farm pond. It was still on and worked as a crappie light until we rigged a snake catcher with a rope, pole, stick and duct tape to bring it back up. I should write a letter to Maglite and get on a commercial.

First time trying out my new 10" Strikemaster auger on Buffalo Lake, I cut my hand on the blade. Then after fishing for a couple of hours, I got a call from my wife as I was fixing to pack up, put my cell phone back in my, reach down to pickup my gear and down the chute my cell phone went. I got home and my son joking called my cell and said he heard a blup, blup, blup then told me the fishes were saying hello....

Not in chronological order:
A bottle of schnapps
Numerous Jigsticks
A watch
A lantern
Two chisels
A Zippo lighter
A radio
Who knows what else in the days of my (muddled) youth
After 35+ years of ice fishing, I've learned two things:
1)Anything that falls in a fish house will fall toward an open hole. (Gonzo's law of fishhouse gravitational force)
2)If you try and stop it from falling down a hole, you will kick it into the hole (Gonzo's rule of influenced inevitability)

Once I was "fussing" with my wedding ring during a slow bite and dropped it. It rolled toward a hole, and spun to a flat rest about a foot from the hole my buddy was using. He looked at me, backed away, and very seriously said "You pick it up, I'm going outside"
All turned out well, but wow was that close.

I lost my watch down the hole on Mille Lacs ion 35 feet of water. Watched it on the fl-8 all the way down. I was jigging near the bottom and felt something small on my line and reeld it up to see my watch on the end of my hook. It fell off and again I watched it all the way down to the bottom. A little while later the same thing happened only this time I grabbed it beforew it could come off the hook. Still have the watch. Cheap Timex takes a lickin but keeps on tickin.