• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Interior Remodel So Far

Well, last year I shared my paint job and sticker application with thoughts of digging into the interior in 08'.

07 painting project

I began the winter with a trip to the shop to have a portion of my keel replaced after I hit a deadhead on Lake Superior, while there I decided to have the transom entirely replaced.

Since I had to tear the interior pretty much all out to get both of those done I may as well redo the inside.

Here's a few shots of the interior before the rehab:

IMG_0985.jpgIMG_0987.jpg

Now with it all out time to get to work. I started by replacing all of the fuel lines and livewell hoses as they were in pretty bad shape, it was obvious after 16 years that my fuel lines were seeping and my livewell hoses all had small punctures and tears. I thought the leak was coming from the crack on the keep, but the majority of it was a drain hose that was pinched from the deadhead incident.

IMG_18691.jpg

IMG_18701.jpg

With the black and grey paint job applied last winter I decided to continue with the theme. The side walls will be the only carpet in the boat.

IMG_18711.jpg

For the rest of the boat I went with Nautolex vinyl flooring and marine grade vinyl from the local fabric store.

IMG_18721.jpgIMG_18731.jpg

Well thats it for now. I will add more as I accomplish it and finish off with a material list.

It's a 22 foot 91 Crestliner Sabre, the only boat I could find that allows me to roll in 5 footers comfortably trolling the big lake and hit the back bays on the river casting from the platform. 90% of these models have a cuddy that sleeps 3.

It was a hard decision to drop 4k into the hull work, but bottomline I love the boat and it really handles the big water.

Cheffrey, It just dawned on me...did you pick up that vinyl and stuff from MG on Friday night? I was there getting two reels spooled up and someone in a red AA coat picked up a big roll of something like fabric or vinyl. Wellesy

Foster son...lol! If I hadn't been so brain dead, I would have said hello and introduced myself. I like what you're doing with the boat...good work! Northlander, it was good to chat with you the Friday of the boat show at MG. Thanks for the tips but I ended up fishing Lake Superior out of Two Harbors...two releases, no fish.

Tom that's good work. I might have to make it back up to Duluth to help you rechristen the boat after the makeover.

That baby is going to be quite a sight when its all done. You'll be glad you worked her out when you're heading up 61 or dropping her in at Algoma.

Awesome job, I see that you took out the side walls, I bet you have a lot more room to move around. I did the same thing to a 16' Crestliner Explorer, had a 50hp Johnson. I set it up just for cat fishing, great rig, until the tired old Johnson had some issues, plus I had 2 other rigs at the time, my wife was getting concerned that I was going to go into the boat business. You will love that Yamaha vmax, those HPDI's run awesome. I have a 150 and it is gem. Good luck and have fun.