• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite crankbait

TonkaBass

I love the Rapala Rattlin' Fat Rap in Firetiger, I can tie one one and catch just about anything, especially on my family cabin lake. Largies, smallies, pike and 'eyes all fall for it. The DT series are also a major hit with me, as I'm not as skilled as you all are in deeper fish. I fish a lot of stained water, so more often shallow than not, so the DT 4 or 6 is often my choice.

I like the little baits, like the Minus 1s, Baby O's, fun for bass and aggressive pannies too.

One of my favorite for river fishing, going back a ways, was the Lindy Little Shadling. Had just enough lip and size to work in a current. Wish I had more of those left around......

Chris

I dont have (One) fave, it depends on the season and the weather. I am embarrased to admit I have like 6 tackle boxes full of cranks...

Shallow water--Bandit 100 series..

Med--By Far!!!! Rapala DT7 Flat side!!!!!

Deep- DT 16 or Dd 22 or Poe 400...

and event those change depending on season and weather..

Hiya -

For Largemouths, most of my cranking is deep, so it's a lot of DT10s and DT16s, Poes 400s, and old Bandits. DD22s once in a while too. Count me in as one who still likes the old Balsa Fat raps too. I really do prefer wood baits. In the fall I like flat cranks a lot - RC3s and DT Flats.

For smallies, original Fat Raps and Bomber 6As and wiggle warts in rivers, Glass Shad Raps, Moonsaults, Bevy Shads in lakes. I think the X-Rap Shad will be a pretty dang good smallie crank too.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

I don't throw a whole lot of cranks (really hope to work on that this summer) but when I do...

-shallow: bandit 100 series, manns 1-, xcalibur X50 rattle trap, strike red eye shad rattle trap

-deep(relatively): DT10

Like I said I really need to work on crankin this summer, espeacially being efficient about it insead of just flinging the bait out there aimlessly. I feel its a huge niche in techniques that I'm missing out on.

Originally Posted By: st.crioxfishin
Like I said I really need to work on crankin this summer, espeacially being efficient about it insead of just flinging the bait out there aimlessly. I feel its a huge niche in techniques that I'm missing out on.

I agree 100%. I am new to bass fishing and i feel this is one area that i should focus on this summer.