• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never got any better even in the shallows. I marked 1 fish and Bill marked 1 in the shallow we both bucketed a hog. Than back to the deep. We ended up with 17 keepers. I only marked 10 fish today. Same place that everyone did good yesterday. Lot's of ice with 2 in of water on top. The top 1/2 in was frozen so you could walk on it in the morning. You broke through with each step as we came off.

Fished with my son and Chef this afternoon had a great time my son slammed the bass there ,caught a few crappie and about a doz or so gills,4 nice perch and one slimer

derbyandeatonbrook006.jpg

derbyandeatonbrook004.jpg

derbyandeatonbrook003.jpg

derbyandeatonbrook002.jpg

pick.jpg

Jake must've caught 10 or so lg mouths man he loves those tipups!

bass2.jpg

bass.jpg

Fished tipups yesterday looking for walleye caught 1 that was exactly 4lbs on the scale (doesn't look it in the picture) a few smallies 1 pickerel and 1 laker

DSC003655.jpg

DSC02921.jpg

DSC02922.jpg

even got a 24" laker in 7fow that took out 100 plus ft of line

DSC02924.jpg

Too all my icefishing freinds. It's time to take a spud bar, rope, flotation device,and picks with you and make sure you go with someone. Too see what it looks like to get pulled out of the water go too ICE SHANTY general then (4 men saved at greenwood lake) look at web site pictures. I don't want to scare anyone just be carefull or ask DarkCloud or me what it feels like to go through the ice, we are both repeat offenders.

Where's everyone heading in the AM?

Ray - pm me your # on iceleaders i have the same username

Also im thinking of getting into rod bldg and looking for some good resources to start,any help would be appreciated!

thanks

chris

It's been so long since I was there, I can't remember my login info!! LOL I re-registered under Fullmoon and just have to wait for the ok. Email me @ [YouNeedAuthorization]@yahoo.com if you want or you can give me a call on the cell. Always glad to help. DC will be getting together an order in the near future and since I have the "dealer" acct., we'll go through me to make it easier. There area several places to order from. Depends what you wnat and sale prices. Shipping costs are always an issue depending on distance but mostly on length when ordering blanks. The companies really have put the hurt on everyone when you go over 6ft. I've still got lots of contacts and try to keep in touch. Happy to help you sort things out once you know what you want to do, and how much you are willing to spend.

Sure would be nice to get out tomorrow!! I don't think it's stopped raining here! Sidewalks and roads are little streams-rivers. I've got to get the LX5 out again!!!!

Fished about a half a day yesterday in the pouring rain caught a few gills,perch and 1 largemouth.The small waters in madison county are getting pretty rough around the edges the main ice when you get on is still about 10 to 12 inches thick.There were a few other diehards out fishing also I would try again today but this wind is crazy.gif. Be careful out there safety first.

Todd, Frank, Doug, Chris, Jake and I all fished E-Banks today and the shore was getting a bit iffy but the best we have seen driving around. Yesterday was downpours all day and that rain took care of most of the shores around the Madison County lakes we visited. We did get into some dandy blue gills today. My camera screwed up again and Chris's shot of his crappie did not make it my memory card but here are some nice ones...

1001081we7.jpg

1001082rg7.jpg

1001084iv3.jpg

1001085gw9.jpg

These pictures do not do these fish justice at all..

1001087ct4.jpg

1001088iz4.jpg

1001089pl2.jpg

We got a handful of these bruisers..

1001090eh7.jpg

1001091nm9.jpg

1001092kc9.jpg

My crappie shot did not come out either mad.gif

1001094op9.jpg

Here's pics of a nice rainbow Doug caught off the launch..

febice024ct9.jpg

Closeup... gorgeous!

febice023ev4.jpg

Good report Tim, I was going to go down there yesterday with my toe being all banged up and all and with the short walk but I hit that bay on the Big O that I took you and your son a couple of years ago. The walk was great and I was able to hobble out there nice and slow, it took me only 2 holes and I was into the mother load of sunfish, the big one's that get caught in a 5" hole and you have to grab them in order to get them out of the hole. A few guys were out there and Johnny DEC man got one of them for a short crappie. I had my 50 in and hour and a half and hit the road with my bad toe. The ice on shore was getting soft and the water was a lot deeper then when I first went out. I went light with only marcum, auger, 2 rods and jet sled. I wish I had the trap with me because that rain / lighting was a good one and it sure would have been nice and warm in the trap when it hit but I was only 9 short of 50 and decided to stick it out. I hope the ice is good for at least one more weekend, I heard warm and rain for middle to late this week. I'm ready for the open water though.

After Doug and crowd left I stuck it out for another hour or so. About 5:30 and in 10 fow a bunch of gills moved in and thanks to Todd giving me a little chartreuese and hair jig, I caught 10 all around 9 inches before they started doing the yoyo routine and had to work for 2 more. Sun was setting and the ice was a thumping, so decided to call it quites at 6:30. Not a fantastic day but it was a day on the ice after a 2 week absence. Good seeing everyone and enjoyed the male bovine conversation.

The wind here in Utica was brutal early this morning and we still had some rain. Had to pass, just could risk getting the trunk of the car soaked! Darn truck still won't run!! Think I'm going to just sell the bed and then part it. I think it either jumped a tooth on the timing chain or one or more cylinder is washed out from sitting(lots of miles). I think the chain though. It was a cheap deal but I don't want to pour money in it. Can't! My son's car needs work now and I'm looking for a new place to live that will take my dogs. No pun intended, but when it rains, it pours!!!

BTW, got an order going to JSC for a Humminbird and some waders for family members. If anyone needs anything and wants to save a few $ and shipping, call ASAP. Order goes this week.

Keep me posted guys. Have to work Mon & Tue.

Chris, I didn't forget, we'll hook up, I trust you!

Just talked to Chef and he's crushing the walleyes on Oneida there pre staging for the spawn and he's marked at least 100 walleye this morning and iced two 24" fish and is working on his last keeper and will provide a photo later. He's goinng to run by "yellow tape" this afternoon and post.

And here's a couple of pics of the walleyes he caught this morning..

febice029gq4.jpg

Sisters!

febice031zp9.jpg

Way to go Doug!

I was thinking the same thing! Gotta love daylight savings. I'm going to try and sneak over after work. Probably be around 5:30 if I get permission from "She, the one who must be obeyed!" Where the heck has John been anyway?

Well we had a bunch of guys scattered off the beach looking for Mr. Walldog this afternoon. Doug caught 3 short ones, I had one nice eater and Big Jimmy was doing great on the 1/2 oz. Silver Buddy. It was nice seeing Aaron and Allie, Butch, Kyle, Frank and Jimmy. The rome guys fished in a small group and Doug's group was bit deeper and Aaron fished shallow. Good job Jimmy you da man...

Jimmy and LJ score the first eye..

1001097fk6.jpg

Another shot of it...

1001098gi3.jpg

Amanda on left sliding and LJ right grading her sliding form... grin.gif

1001099nc8.jpg

Allie, Amanda and LJ posing for a shot..

1001101xe6.jpg

Jimmy hits walleye #2, slammed two trebles hard...

1001102jr9.jpg

This walleye has some teeth..

1001103oz7.jpg

Last shot of the day for Jimmy...

1001104zc7.jpg

Timmy scores on the firetiger CJ&S LS14 Vertiglo Lightning spoon 1/4 oz. packed with spikes, wish I could have landed the one I lost and I missed one early on a small blue/chrome chubby darter... \:o

1001105yw5.jpg

Another one...

1001106hj7.jpg

And the finally with the kids and fish!

1001108bg3.jpg

Good fishing with you guys...