• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Welcome Vexilar Marine Electronics

Hot Spot Outdoors and Fishing Minnesota wants to extend a warm welcome to one of it's newest sponsors to the site, Vexilar, a mainstay in the world of fishing electronics where they pride themselves with making the highest quality sonar system in the world.

Vexilar has been a leader in marine electronics since 1960 and has continued to do so by offering the public with innovative and cutting edge products, both on the water and on the ice. These products range from the ever popular three color FL series flashers to the Edge series of LCD graphs and to their popular line-up of accessories and fishing-wear.

A quick run down of products:

Vexilar Three Color Flashers

From Vexilar, you are able to choose from five different models of Flashers to suit your ice fishing or open water needs. Each have 525 segements of resolution, Super Bright LED displays, 10 interference rejection settings, and come with a 2 year warranty. Also, with each different model you can select from three different weatherproof and high impact types of packs/cases(Genz Pack, Pro Pack, and Ultra Pack, excluding the FL-10) to hold your flasher and choose from a wide variety of transducer types. These selections allow anglers to set-up their FL series flasher to meet their own fishing needs.

gp0800.jpgFL-8SE Genz Pack

The FL-8SE has been the workhorse for the Vexilar and is the world's most popular three color flasher.

PP1880.jpgFL-18 Pro Pack

The FL-18 is a flasher that set the standards for it's innovative ideas such as auto-zoom technology, low power mode for shallow water fishing applications, and bottom lock feature for open water use.

fl-12_up_front-thumb.jpgFL-12 Ultra Pack

The FL-12 is one of the two newer models from Vexilar that is leading us into the next generation of flasher technology. The FL-12 has a flat surface display, giving anglers a wider viewing angle of 50% while on the ice or in the boat.

fl-20_a-thumb.jpgFL-20

The FL-20 is the other newer model from Vexilar, sporting the same flat screen as the FL-12 but also has the added benefit of having auto-zoom for split-screen applications on either a 6 or 12 foot display. Also, the FL-20 gives us a day or night mode, allowing the angler to cut the output of the LED display by 50% to avoid getting "flasher night blindness".

fl10_mounted.jpgFL-10 In Dash Flasher

The FL-10 gives you the fastest bottom reading flasher on the market, allowing you to see real time information, such as seeing bottom composition changes, while crusing in the boat. The Fl-10 is also great for finding true bottom and allowing you to fish effectively in those thick weed beds.

Vexilar Edge LCD Sonar

The Edge series of LCD sonars from Vexilar are by far some of the easiest to use but most sophisticated graphs on the market. Incorporating two seperate transducers (38 degree and 10 degree) with seperate controls on one unit gives the angler the best of both worlds to see what is happening underneath the boat. All Edge models give you 1600 watts of power, temp sensor, different user modes to allow set-ups to be used and saved for different fishing situations, fish alarm, hard bottom alarm, super back light, and a 2 year warranty.

lc-507_b.jpgEdge 2

The Edge 2 is Vexilar's Monochrome sonar that shows the angler a picture perfect display of what's beneath the boat using it's 320X240 Super Twist Display and dual transducer set-up.

Edge3_Front.jpgEdge 3

The Edge 3 is the latest sonar to hit the market from Vexilar. A vivid TFT color unit that has simple one touch button features with the same two transducer set-up these sonars are known for.

To See All FL Series Flashers and Edge Sonars click here: Vexilar Product Page

Vexilar Accessories

With all the products Vexilar has to offer, we can not leave out the accessories that allow you to protect your investment or to make it more user friendly for almost any type of fishing situation. The list is long for these products and Vexilar has gone to great lengths to provide the best accessories for it's consumer. To see what is all available, click here Vexilar Accessories

So be it fishing from a boat or from the seat of your portable fish house, Vexilar and it's products will have you covered.

I bought my first Vexilar FL-8 over 12 years ago and it totally changed the way I fished. No one tool has helped me become a better fisherman than my Vexilar. I bought the FL-18 a year after they were out and that unit was even better than my first FL-8. Now the kids come out fishing with me a lot so I had to go out and get another flasher which happens to be the FL-20 and it's simply awesome! laugh.gif

March_fishing_pics_014-2.jpg

I am happy that Vexilar is on board and if anyone has any questions I would be happy to try and answer them. There units are not as complicated as some may think. Cole doesn't have any problems with them and he's only 6! grin.gif

I am using my FL-20 in my boat all the time and there's no doubt that it will be ready come Ice.

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold

Vex year round!

Vexilar is the leader in ice fishing technology/viewing, that's why my bow mount is the same FL-18 for open water as I use for hard water. I know more with the Vex than if I had my head under the water. I would not be without it on my open water ride. No question...... Goes without mentioning my unit is several years old (flawless) and still the best available in my opinion.

Welcome aboard!

Chris

P.S. Cool hats too! grin.gif

Quote:

I know more with the Vex than if I had my head under the water.

LOL

All I can say is - FINALLY! grin.gif I've always promoted Vex since their product (FL-18) has brought in so many more fish for me. I'm just like Dave Genz's commercial - I won't go fishin' without it cool.gif

Way to go Vex and FM!!