• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team Whisker Wranglers

DTro

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to think Dan doesn't like me. He never accepts any of my offers. You must be special John tongue.gif

If ya got the big boat out by then it might be fun to triple up wink.gif

I got an upgrade on my channel tonight. I got a fat 30" X 18" channel. That will give us about a 6 point upgrade. It was a nice fish - I got him on cut bullhead. He was just fat and when I was taking his picture he crapped all over my boat and me. I'm not sure all the mess was worth another 6 points. I couldn't wait to throw his a$$ back in the water.

I just sent the submission in. I don't know how to post pics here so maybe Darren can post it for me.

I got the channel at 8:00pm and I also picked up a 22" flathead at 9:30pm on a small 5" bullhead. My bullhead tank is getting low so I am going to make another restocking this weekend. Time for some fresh bullies - I really want to upgrade my flathead submission. I'm going to hit it hard the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for posting the pic, Darren. Now I need a BIG flathead to upgrade with. Rain is supposed to stop this afternoon - I may have to drown a couple of bullheads tonight searching for that big flat.

Dan,

Thanks again for a great night on the river......

A couple of big upgrades for the Whisker Wranglers......

Looks like we're in the running.

The spot I wanted to hit tonight was washed out with the high water. A little boat ride upriver and we finally found a promising spot that I haven't hit all year. Shad on the surface and shiners on the shore.....too good to pass up.

Dan started off the evening with a sweet daytime 40 by 27 (67 points) to erase his goose-egg on the flats. His fish was caught on a very petite little bully. His pet monkey sprouted wings. We joked around about calling it a night after that pig but my little bully was too active to leave yet. We both felt that we wouldn't get anything bigger than Dan's early fish................but we were oh so wrong.

I watched my little bully going nuts for an hour or so. Then I saw the tell-tale end to the bully bounce on the rod and the slow loading of the tip. I grabbed the rod as the clicker released and there she went. I let her run 10 feet or so then let her have all the hookset I could muster.

Once she was hooked it was game on. She got to the main river current and immediately ripped off 20 or more yards of 80 pound Power Pro on my EB50 Epixor with the drag cranked all the way down. I would gain couple yards then lose 10.

Finally she tired out after at least 15 minutes. This was the longest fight I have ever had with a flat. This fish kicked the snot out of me.

As we got it to the boat Dan handled the net perfectly.

And Shazammmm.

I finally upgraded my 49 point flat to a massive 74 pointer.....(46 by 28)

Had a couple more wimpy runs after that but no more hook ups.

74-49 = 25 + 67 = 92

Those two fish were a 92 point addition to the team score.

Pictures won't be up till Monday unless Dan gets his up.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got skunked. frown.gif

Kyle swung and missed the only run we had all night. Hit 2 more spots after we left that spot.

But I tell you what, it was fun chatting with Dan on the phone. Can you say excited??? Holy wow! smile.gif Calm down man! Breath deep!

High water is definitely affecting the river differently where we were at. I hit the river tonight with a game plan, and we were dead wrong. All the spots we hit had the same characteristics and I'm starting to believe that was a mistake. Ah well...

Quote:

it was fun chatting with Dan on the phone

I was talking to John on his Phone and I could Hear Dan in the back ground talking to Hanson better then I could hear John....Excited would an understatement.... grin.gif

Slow nite for us 3 channels and no real runs to speak of..

Congrats Dan and John....AWESOME......

Quote:

Dan,

A couple of big upgrades for the Whisker Wranglers......

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, guys! That sounds like a blast! Especially with the high water and the flow, I bet that was a hard fight! Did you have the 10 foot rod for leverage? Wow, can't wait to see the pics!

Hey, someone else is also using bullheads this late in the year! Good to see that there's really no truth to these rumors that they only bit on exotic baits like creek chubs and expensive suckers in August. And surely you must have move to a new spot between catching those big fish, since large flatheads never congregate together. wink.gif

Aanderud,

The two fish were caught on casts that landed within 10 feet of eachother.

The other couple runs and the one break off I had were all from that same seam and those baits were all in within that 10 foot circle.

It's not the first time this year we got two pigs off the same spot.

Got a 43 pounder and a 30 the same night with Mr. Special and his buddies at that other spot you know of back in may/June.

I think I'm gonna be on the river again tonight.....

Oh yea baby! John, Dude......what is it about your boat getting people on big fish? Raise your hand and say I if Wastewater has put you on a fish or two!

Dtro, thanks for keeping me haning in there. After 11 trips I finally got "Funky" the skunky monkey off my back and I feel a hundred pounds lighter. Thanks for having faith in me. I was almost ready , well I guess I was ready to throw in the towel. And because of your pep talks I stayed on and I am really glad I did.

All I can say is WOW!!! you can sure locate them flats real good. Must be some kind of unique homing device. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

All together we caught and landed two fish over 40" and broke off on one, and swing and missed on one, and had one more robbed the bully. I'm pretty sure it was five runs. I now know what fish drunk feels like. Not from beer either.

Here are our fish. Mine was 40 x 27 and Johns was 46 x 28.

40x27qj7.jpg

wwguw6.jpg

HEII YEAH!!

I knew it was just a matter of time for you, and being out with WWG you upped your percentages greatly.

I haven't added up the pts yet, but it should be good!

Congrats again to the both of you!

cool.gif