• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team Whisker Wranglers

DTro

Mark another one down for the books. We fished two sweet lookin spots on the Mississippi the had all the makins for a good flathead haven. Two runs fron 6:00 p.m. til 4:30 a.m.

Still no flat for me but I aint done tryin! One of those two runs was mine and I broke 80# PP between the swivel and the ten ought. I only shook for ten minutes or so after that. grin.gifgrin.gif

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys - I'll be out tonight too. I'm going to try some St Croix drifting for channels until the Twins game is over and then chase some flatheads. I'm hoping to upgrtade in both categories before the season closes. I'll let you know how the drifting bite is going. Sturgeon season is right around the corner.

I got blanked last night too, Dan. Unless I can count my turtle. If you catch a turtle are you still skunked? It was a big, nasty, mean tempered turtle. He was so pi$$ed off that I just cut the line and let him keep the circle hook.

Hey Darren - Congrats on the 52. Great post on your catch. Thanks for keeping the Whisker Wranglers going. With each skunk I'm getting closer to my next monster fish.

Quote:

Quote:

We'll get an upgrade for me tonight
wink.gif

Oh no, you didn't, did ya? Its totally taboo to predict an upgrade. You just shot yourself in the foot!! LOL! wink.gif

I may have jinxed myself there mad.gif I lost a nice fish to the "rock gods" last night and boated a 10 pounder. Oh well wink.gif

WWG just missed an upgrade by a half of a point. If I was on his team, I might have let him round it up grin.gif

I'll answer for WWG wink.gif

It was caught on a bullhead. Shortly thereafter, I broke off on a nice fish that tangled me in some rocks. About an hour later, I landed a 10 pounder. A bit later, WWG lost one after a brief battle. All of our action came on bullheads after dark.

Went out last night dodging deadheads.

Got a nice channel but no upgrade.

Blanked on the flats last night.

Will be on the river a couple more times this week.

Dan.....give me a call if you want to get out on the Minnesota this weekend.

I can't catch a big flat.....but usually whoever is in the passenger seat has a pretty good chance.

Ryan....are you in town this weekend??