• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team Whisker Wranglers

DTro

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry team, about the goose eggs on the points board. I been tryin to lay into some channel cats latley. Operator error on the photo, plus not that big either.

But this trip to Mankato on Saturday I hope Hanson and Kyle will be helping me out by putting a change to that. grin.gifgrin.gif

Tyler Holm told me I should be glad that the KOTC isn't run like the show The Weakest Link. I'd be voted off by now. LOL!!!

Quote:

Tyler Holm told me I should be glad that the KOTC isn't run like the show The Weakest Link. I'd be voted off by now. LOL!!!

Dtro was thinking of modifying/implementing some new rules for next years contest. Uh Oh! smile.gif

Hey Dan - Don't sweat the early season scoring. There is a lot of cat season left and the best bite doesn't happen until late July into early September. We need to hook up for a St Croix trip. I'll start drifting for channel cats in about the middle of July and you come along - you can put a big channel on the board.

Steve

Quote:

We need to hook up for a St Croix trip. I'll start drifting for channel cats in about the middle of July and you come along - you can put a big channel on the board.

Steve

Oh yeah!!! I had a great time, and I hope to do it again grin.gif Steve finds some piggies on the Croix.

Hey Ryan - We will definitely get you in the boat too, you are the Jedi Knight of St Croix channels. Wait until you see how I have the pontoon rigged out for drifting. I picked up a 77" drift sock for better boat control on the drifts. Once the shad schools start to appear the channel cats are not far away. Nothing like a good Twins game on the radio, a nice south drifting breeze, and channel cats hammering cut bait.

Hey Darren - Consider yourself in the boat. Once the St Croix channel cat bite starts up we will have a Team Whisker Wrangler Night and all of us upgrade at once. That would be a blast. Be kind of cool to have ten rods out - we should catch something I would think.

Quote:

Once the St Croix channel cat bite starts up we will have a Team Whisker Wrangler Night and all of us upgrade at once. That would be a blast. Be kind of cool to have ten rods out - we should catch something I would think.

Count me in! That sounds like some fun right there smile.gif

Finally! On the board with a channel. 28" X 15". cool.giflaugh.gif

kocchannelnc8.jpg

Minesota River last night fishing with Dave Scott. We had no runs on bullies and we caught 4 channels on cut shad. Great time for sure. Nice seeing you again too Hanson. Did you notice my headlites? grin.gif

Nice one. We were downstream a couple miles from you last night, that would have put us a mile upstream from dtro I spose smile.gif

Very little action where we were. One fish that I didn't hook well enough, smallish flatty probably, about 1/2 way to the boat he jumped off. Oh well, still a fun night.

Andrefishes, are you out there? Please respond with a "I'm still here" or "yep, still trying for a big one" or something of that sort. Just checking. If you are no longer interested in participating please let me know as there are alternates waiting in the wings.

Just so I'm clear, catching fish is NOT mandated. But communication is appreciated.

We are just about half way through this and I will be sending out these notices to any suspect participants on each team.

Thanks

I upgraded my flathead today. It was only a 6 point upgrade but they all help I guess. It was a 37" X 23" St Croix flathead caught at 4:00am on a bullhead. I ended up the night with 1 small 25" channel and 2 flatheads - both small.