• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

King of the Cats 2007 Team Whisker Wranglers

DTro

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Manny!

Your "B" game must have rubbed off on me. I missed three good runs last night and finally hooked the last fish. About a 10lb flatty, no upgrade for me.

Sorry about the "B" game there, Dtro...at least you didn't get stuck with the monkey crazy.gif

Gotta give some credit to Pierbridge (Team Cat Scratch Fever) for helping me photo, measure, and submit this entry. Gary was almost home when he got the call to come back down and help out an opposing team member with his catch...Thanks, dude! I owe ya one cool.gif

Quote:

Looks like Manny and Hanson have started a trend on how to hold the control item.

Didn't ya know?? That's the new official way to hold the control item tongue.gif

I also considered holding the fish with my teeth and holding the control item with my hands wink.gif

I guess I'll save that pose for the the 40-lb upgrade cool.gif

Congrats to Manny and the rest of team Whisker Wranglers for getting us on the board. I've been skunked my last two trips but things are about to change. St Croix water temp is in the 60's and I'm hearing reports from the walleye guys that they are picking up flats dragging bait.

I plan on hitting it hard the next few weeks.

Keep up the good work, guys.

I picked up a starter channel tonight. 27 X 14. I'll send the photo and info in tomorrow morning. My pictures sucked - I forgot my small tripod and the camera position didn't work very well. It is hard to take the picture with that darn control paper when you are all by yourself. I would of put it in my mouth but he had already slimed the paper. I can't do that licking the cat stuff. I tried the stick the picture to the fish thing but he wanted back in the water pretty bad and kept flopping around.

Quote:

Hey team! I would really like to get out for a chance at a flathead. I have the last week of May off and if anybody is planning to get out, I would appreciate it if I could tag along. Just shoot me an e @
(work) or at home which is

Thanks!

You got my email didn't you Dan???

Whatever night(s) work best for you......

Nice channel Steve! I didn't think the pics were bad at all.

That one gave us a nice little lead for the time being.

In this format ANY contribution helps....even a little one.

I caught a nice 22lber last night. At first I thought "upgrade".

Nope only beat my last one by 3.5 inches. Oh well. I'll try again tonight.

IMG_0216.jpg

Nice upgrade fish, Darren. Thanks for keeping us going. I haven't been out for at least a week. I sat out that last cold front figuring it would shut down the fishing. You kind of proved that wrong. I hope to get out tonight. Good Twins game on and hopefully it won't be as cold. I need a flat to get on the board with.

No upgrades last night but a couple of decent fish. They're still hungry wink.gif

17.5 and 14.5

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

I thought for sure this one would upgrade, but just shy of qualifying.

IMG_0270-1.jpg

I finally got on the board with a small flathead. 34" X 20" which was 18 lbs by the weight conversion table. Last night was a beautiful night to be on the water. Picked up that flat at 11:00pm. I had one rod rigged with a 8/0 circle hook with a big bullhead near some heavy wood cover. When I cast out the bullhead it must have come down almost on his head - he hit it while I still had the rod in my hand as I was putting it in the rod holder. That circle hook was set solid right in the corner of his mouth. He wrapped me up in the wood for about 10 minutes and I didn't think I was going to be able to coax him out of there. I kept feeding him line and pulling him up snug to the log and eventually he swam around the log and came out.

I've got a lot of room to upgrade with this fish but at least it helps put some points on the board.

I don't know how to post pics on this site so I can't put up the picture. I did get it posted to the King of Cats address.