• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Photo sharing...Panfish

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P5190049.jpg

Early season Gill

P5190053.jpg

My Bro, Kevin Fideldy, with a great Gill

P6230108.jpg

My buddy, Dusty Burton, with a Big Gill

P6230104.jpg

My best Beauty of the Summer. She was an ole wise 10.25"

Here is some Grand Rapids Great Gills. Caught in the local area waters. Mostly on the unbeatable Wiggly Leech but a few on Plastics. All fish were 10+" Corey eat your heart out! cool.gif

Here's my daughter Amanda with a couple dandy gills from last night. The one on the left is 9.75" that my wife caught and the one on the right is a 9.50" that Amanda caught. We probably caught 30-40 gills and kept 10 for a meal. Slip bobber and small/med leech over the tops of weeds, in about 10-12' of water.

071707ri1.jpg

Brian

The crappies were still holding in the same spot as earlier this week ,and today I was able to hook into a few larger fish. All were caught on a glow pink #6 Ratso under a Thill Stealth float.

DSC01407.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

campingpics034.jpg

Bailey displays a nice Crappie caught on a Chart/Shad Power Minnow.

roosbiggill.jpg

Brooke with a nice 9.5" Bluegill on a Purple/Green Power Tube.

campingpics021.jpg

Cole with a 9.75" Bluegill. He used the Trout Power Worm in natural color.

campingpics017.jpg

Bailey with a 9.5" Bluegill caught on a Chart/Shad Power Tube.

campingpics004.jpg

Me and a good Crappie.

baileysgill.jpg

Check out the "Blue Gill" on this fish.

campingpics027.jpg

Another nice Gill.

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold

was out Saturday evening on my favorite "gill" lake...conditions were perfect!...mirror smooth water...fish were surfacing near the lilly pads...here's an example of the weekends outing...my bait of choice was a 2" floating rapala...cast it near the pads...wait 30 seconds or so for the rings to disappear...wiggle the rapala just a "tat"...then they'd "smack" it grin.gif.....all catch and release of course! shocked.gif

Frame_DSCF8537-2copy.jpg

Thanks Corey!...actually,out of say a dozen of these gills' that I boated...only one gave me a little more trouble with both hooks....just a pair of hospital hemostats did the job quite efficiently and quickly for removal and didn't hurt any of the fish...usually I found only one of the hooks was hanging in the lip and a good percentage was the back hook or tail hook of the rapala...another thing I noticed is that most of the gills' were larger and figured the smaller one's knew enough not to even try to hit the rapala... out of their league I guess grin.gif...I must also comment on the color variance on your pics of your gills versus the ones I was catching...the ones in your pics are much lighter in coloration,the ones in the lake I frequent tend to be much darker and even the shape seems to differ somewhat...but a a gill is a gill!...they all fight the same! grin.gif

Frame_DSCF8548-1.JPG