• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wal-Mart and Guns

Ellis

Is it true that Wal-Mart is doing away with all firearms and ammunition? A Wal-Mart associate told a friend of mine that it would be a nation wide event. He said it was effective immediately. I really hate to see Wal-Mart turning towards the Anti's. I hope this isn't true. I will be at my local Wal-Mart tomarrow, and am going to find out if it is. I will post more when I know.

A while back, I read the same thing that PierBridge pointed out - about a third of their stores where guns don't sell very well will be removing them from the inventory.

Here in Aberdeen, they still have some guns...not a whole lot, though...but they have a whole lot of ammunition, and other hunting equipment/accessories.

Not a single walmart that I know of in NW IA has guns. Which is no real loss considering the quality of guns they used to carry. But the Walmarts in Michigan when I go on vacation have a petty good selection. Ruger shotguns, weatherby and Remington rifles. Stuff Ive never seen in Iowa stores.

I was in the Monticello one a few months ago and was told this would happen only to the Metro-Area Wal-Mart locations so that the Bigger Area stores would be more "Politicly Correct" in those areas. Got a heck of a deal on a Rem rifle that day too. This came from one of the Workers in the Sporting Goods Dept, said Wal-Mart is having issues with bigger cities getting the cities to allow them to build a new Wal-Mart store he said. Went back to the store this past w-end and sure enough, all that was left were BB-guns, but they will still sell ammo I guess. Always Politics and Firearms, I told the guy working that they should also get rid of the Baseball bats, golf clubs, hockey sticks etc... for they could be used too to harm people.

Yes, Sam Walton was the founder and CEO of Walmart. The days of guns from Walmart are over, as my spouse works at a local Walmart,and she said as of yesterday the sporting goods department people at her store were boxing up all the guns for shipment back to the distributor, or the manufacturers.She also had read something about the change being company wide, and that the elimination of the guns for sale were due to 'lack of sales'.What a shame it had to come to this. The situation is just like Target stores did about twenty or so years ago.I hardly shop at a Target store now.

i used to love walmart but I think the just plain are terrible now. I hate going there the super wal marts I consider as HELL. This fall I was going to pick up some larger shells for Duck hunting. In ND we use 3 and 3.5 shells and alot of them. I like BB for my shot. Well the biggest shells they had were 3" 4 shot. Come on in ND where we waterfowl hunt what is the deal. Well I was told that they sell what is shipped to them apparently they don't make orders based on the needs of the area. Stupid if you ask me.

I'm not an overly big fan of WalMart anyhow, so I guess if they want to give up this business and not run competition with another locally owned gun shop (who will fix the guns you buy from them), I guess I hope they pull them all out tomorrow.

The flip side of course is possibly losing a big voice in the gun rights debate, as they will have nothing to gain aanymore, and if Walmart has nothing to gain believe me they don't care.

DD

You can't blame them for getting of of the firearms if there wasn't enough sales. Years ago you buy guns from most chain stores, hardware stores and even gas stations.

We didn't have the larger sporting goods stores around then like we do now. Those big sporting goods stores have put the hurt on all discount stores with sporting goods department.

Its not just guns that are being dropped either. Rods reels tackle and so on. Couple the declining gun sales and the hoops the Federal Gov paper work on firearms and its no wonder retailers are pulling the plug on guns.

I'll miss being not able to buy a gun at JC Penny, Holiday Gas Station, Hardware Store and now Wallmart.

I just check at walmart 2 weeks ago and all there guns were gone. I asked the clerk if they are going to have a big sale of the rest of the ammo. He said they are going to keep the ammo and all the hunting stuff but just get rid of the guns. And just another thing about going to sheels or grander for buying guns. For a lower buget gun wal-mart is great. Like a dad buying he son a new gun he does not want to spend alot of money or they just go out hunting once or twice a year. Wal-mart is a great place to buy guns if you go out only a few days a year or you don't have alot of money to spend on a gun.