• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

minnetonka moving sale

nytelyter

I stopped in there yesterday. lots of good deals, a friend of mine got a pair of womens boots for $29. They are moving to Technology drive in Eden Prairie, east of the bus station. Couldnt have moved any closer to my place of employment. Cant wait for the new store.

Deals are getting pretty good-20-60%, and they trucked in a bunch of summer stuff. I don't mind telling you since I got the pick of the litter grin.gif Lots of fish houses too, they are stacked up in their boxes on pallets. Unfortunately, they are only 20% off, but it is worth going to check out the other things.

Quote:

Everyone just be sure you know what your buying is a good deal... I saw higher dollar stuff where the price is higher than other stores and then the discount off of that price.

I have to disagree.

I bought a bunch of reelbottom maps at 50% off, a Lakewoods monster tackle box for $80, which is $126 at Thorne Bros. and 19 crankbaits for $40, including Bandits, Rogues, reefrunners and cotton cordell walleye products.

I have found some outstanding deals. Why should they deal on ice fishing equipment as much, it is the season.

Quote:

Quote:

Everyone just be sure you know what your buying is a good deal... I saw higher dollar stuff where the price is higher than other stores and then the discount off of that price.

I have to disagree.

I bought a bunch of reelbottom maps at 50% off, a Lakewoods monster tackle box for $80, which is $126 at Thorne Bros. and 19 crankbaits for $40, including Bandits, Rogues, reefrunners and cotton cordell walleye products.

I have found some outstanding deals. Why should they deal on ice fishing equipment as much, it is the season.

I shop that store frequently. Before Christmas I was told of their move and I paid attention to many of their prices.

I noticed many of their items were higher priced after Christmas. In season items were reduced starting at 5% off and other items went as far as 50%. I agree you should know if what you are buying is a good deal. The % off is even more now but it is sad to see a major retailer raise the sticker price so as not to lose as much after the reduction.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I have to disagree.

I shop that store frequently. Before Christmas I was told of their move and I paid attention to many of their prices.

I noticed many of their items were higher priced after Christmas. In season items were reduced starting at 5% off and other items went as far as 50%. I agree you should know if what you are buying is a good deal. The % off is even more now but it is sad to see a major retailer raise the sticker price so as not to lose as much after the reduction.

Any specific items that you can remember, because I just didn't see that. Do you remember what the items and the pricing were?

The only thing I did notice is that many specific items were pulled from the shelves before the sales began.

One example is Headlamps. I was so impressed with a certain headlamp my wife bought me for Xmas at a different retailer that I thought about buying a backup at Gander. That section of shelving was obviously removed.

Does anyone know when the doors will be shut for good? I have my eyes on a few more items.

I drove across town to check it out this morning but didnt expect much. If your looking for big ticket items your obviously too late but they actually have/had some decent lures and terminal tackle left. Some things I was happy to get at 50% off were... Gamma line, P-Line, Tru Tungsten weights, Exude comidas, and lots of packs of Gamakatsu and Mustad plastic worm hooks plus a few more odds and ends. Most the product is in bin boxes and you have to take time to sort through for specific items.

I purchased some sinkers, 25 jigs and two rods all for less than 55 bucks. They also have some good lower end electronics left over. They threw a bunch of stuff into bins along the wall which sucks because you really have search to find stuff. You could spend all day looking for deals if you wanted to. If you like stren line there was still a lot left.

The sale is all done and the doors are closed for good. I went there Friday night and got some lures for 75% off. I got there Sat. afternoon which was too late. They had everything left in the store at 90% off. I did get a few things, but I wish I would've been there at 9am. I'm looking forwrd to the new one opening in EP soon!